onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

23 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Clarke-Harris didn't sign in the end, they couldnt agree wages.

Strange decision for me but if we do let him go and he goes Wycombe I will like to think we would have the sense not to allow it until next week and not repeat the Anthony Grant situation where he is playing against us days after leaving.

Didn’t know that. I thought they had a bargain. Maybe wily old Carol might try to get some money to fund a deal for Clarke Harris?

Stranger things have happened! 

I maybe in the minority but if Uche leaves that’s  no bad thing for me.  Lad will never score a goal in a million years.  Yes pins and spins defenders in some games but have to say I’ve been very disappointed with him overall. When any defender has not bothered to engage in a physical battle and just let him have the ball he’s looked extremely poor.

You would have to believe we have another player lined up, if we get a  fee for a player with 5 months left on his contract who is probably one of if not the highest paid player at the club then that’s good business for me.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 4

This sounds like they've both spoken to Uche or his agent and Uche has said he'd like to go; IF thats the case and considering we've only got him for another 6 months, we should take a hard-headed approach and get every penny we can for him.
I know he causes problems for defences but lets be honest, he's not a great 'footballer'
If we could stick a good price on his head and get it I'd gladly see him go then use the money to find a better replacement.  He's cost us nowt
I agree but what would you say if someone comes in for Wilson, same situation with him too

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

Just now, MBE said:

I maybe in the minority but if leaves no bad thing for me. . Lad will never score a goal in a million years.  Yes pins and spins defenders in some games but have to say I’ve been very disappointed with him overall. When any defender has not bothered to engage in a physical battle and just let him have the ball he’s looked extremely poor.

You would have to believe we have another player lined up, if we get a  fee for a player with 5 months left on his contract who is probably one of if not the highest paid player at the club then that’s good business for me.

I think that IF the story is true (and that's a big if) then it will be down to what Vale get for Uche that would determine if he goes or not.

I would hope the approach will be - we don't have to sell him now and clubs will need to be prepared to pay over the odds if they want him.

Interesting Uche has started to play better as we’ve entered the ‘window’ . Sounds like ‘agent work’ trying to manoeuvre a longer deal into next season and beyond as he’s into his last six months with us .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

They won’t pay 400 to 500k for Uche! They got Clarke Harris for 580k! If they offer anymore than 50k, I would be stunned. 

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't sell for 50k. Every player does have a price. I'd imagine our price is a credible replacement,  which would probably be Jake Young; if we are genuinely interested in him. 

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Didn’t know that. I thought they had a bargain. Maybe wily old Carol might try to get some money to fund a deal for Clarke Harris?

Stranger things have happened! 

He was offered decent money at Posh to sign a new deal and rejected that too so think his wage demands are way beyond us.

48 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

If he goes we will miss his off the ball work he is putting in now match fit.  Hopefully we will keep him for the 2nd half of the season - if not we could be struggling.

I guess that is the issue with signing him on a short term contract. He quickly enters the last 6 months of it. 

4 minutes ago, robf said:

I think that IF the story is true (and that's a big if) then it will be down to what Vale get for Uche that would determine if he goes or not.

I would hope the approach will be - we don't have to sell him now and clubs will need to be prepared to pay over the odds if they want him.

You would hope so Rob knowing Charlton in particular are desperate for another striker option.

This could be another Ryan Johnson moment in the transfer window.

@Fosse69 is right. Looking at the reports, Clarke-Harris' move to Charlton has reportedly stalled as the player has rejected two contract offers. Perhaps Uche is Charlton's back-up option if JCH doesn't happen? The reports also say the JCH fee is £500k, not £580k as mentioned earlier on this thread.

WWW.LONDONWORLD.COM