onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

54 minutes ago, bomber said:

Exeter have indicated that they will be quite busy in this window. I would like to think we could get in a few bodies but I am not hopeful, maybe a decent loan or two at best. Hope we hold on to our best players, this window can send out a very clear message selling one of your best players is not a message to send out.

They are desperate for a striker. Maybe they would be interested in a deal with Loft? Just need to recoup back what we paid. 

2 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

Burnley have recalled a lad from Barnsley who plays LB/LWB due to lack of game time.

You would hope that we are in the market for a LB/LWB given that Shorrock is a kid and Grant has been a real let down.

Grant isn't quick enough for me. The way we play you need quick athletic wingbacks to get higher up the pitch and contribute offensively. It's a bit like when we had hussey who had a great left foot but just seemed to slow the team down as the other team knew he would never beat them for pace or dribble round them.

• Like 1

Brad Hills, CB on loan from Norwich.

Joe Taylor, ST on loan from Luton.

Denver Hume, LB, on loan from Portsmouth.

Punts - Ben Krauhaus/Chris Conn-Clarke/Josh Stokes/Lorant Tolaj (would all cost probably low 6 figures with sell ons)

Send back Thomas and Balmer.

Sell/release/loan Cass, Jones, and Conlon.

I have a sneaking suspicion we will go back in for Gibbons and Harratt.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Punts - Ben Krauhaus/Chris Conn-Clarke/Josh Stokes/Lorant Tolaj (would all cost probably low 6 figures with sell ons)

Those punts all sound very Peterborough-esque!

I would throw Lewis Fiorini's name into the mix too as a replacement for Arblaster if we could. Surprisingly still at Man City.

Excellent for Lincoln in L1 but didn't get much game time at Blackpool in the Championship.

8 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Harratt out with along term injury

I would go for Michael Mellon who is currently on loan at Morecambe

• Like 2

I imagine that the club is aware of the shortcomings of the current squad but it is a complex process to sign new players. You only have to look at the Rhys Walters situation to see that. It seems like a no brainer for him to accept our offer since he is already playing for us but he hasn't as far as I am aware.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MBE said:

They are desperate for a striker. Maybe they would be interested in a deal with Loft? Just need to recoup back what we paid. 

Think we will be stuck with him until the summer as already played for us and Brizzle?  Sure I read somewhere it was max 2 clubs per season?

p.s I would love to be proved wrong on this! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Edited by Bald Eagle
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Think we will be stuck with him until the summer as already played for us and Brizzle?  Sure I read somewhere it was max 2 clubs per season?

Correct unfortunately, unless Bristol want him back he can't play elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Damn!

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Am I in a group of one who cringes when I see the name James Gibbons bandied around ? 

No thanks 

I'd have Gibbo back but only as an emergency thing till the end of the season. We have enough injured players on the books right now. 

My preference would be to find someone from either lower leagues that we can buy and develop or a loan from Champ/Prem - if it's good enough for Plymouth to get promoted I'm all for it.