onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

European Stag Do Destinations

eh up nah

Currently trying to organise a stag do for next summer.

It seemed straight forward.  

Everyone settled on the dates and destination, Berlin.

Only problem is, the dates are those of the Euro 2024 Final weekend! Nobody really considered that 🤔

Just wondering if anybody has been in a city when a major final is taking place?

I know the dynamique would change but would it completely ruin the weekend? 

Would Berlin still be enjoyable for being Berlin?

We are all football fans but the idea of going somewhere like that, only to end up ushered into a fanzone to spend the weekend drinking from a plastic glass in a budweiser tent is rather sickening.

Any other suggestions? 

Open to anything off the wal

Advert

28 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Currently trying to organise a stag do for next summer.

It seemed straight forward.  

Everyone settled on the dates and destination, Berlin.

Only problem is, the dates are those of the Euro 2024 Final weekend! Nobody really considered that 🤔

Just wondering if anybody has been in a city when a major final is taking place?

I know the dynamique would change but would it completely ruin the weekend? 

Would Berlin still be enjoyable for being Berlin?

We are all football fans but the idea of going somewhere like that, only to end up ushered into a fanzone to spend the weekend drinking from a plastic glass in a budweiser tent is rather sickening.

Any other suggestions? 

Open to anything off the wal

I haven't been in a place where the actual final has taken place but I've been a couple of places in similar scenarios. 

Dublin. Was the Gaelic cup final and The Dubs as they are imaginatively called were in the final. The weekend was great if you like being 20 deep at the bar and streets chock a block. 

2nd one was a lads leaving do ( emigrated to Singapore) . Last summer . Day on the ale in Manchester and we stupidly arranged it on Champions league final day. Again Manchester was bursting and the pubs heaving . 

It'll test your patience is the best I can offer. 

I was in Barcelona when the World Cup 2010 final was on. Watched the game in one of the big parks on the big screen with thousands of people. It was immense. Such a good atmosphere, it helped that Spain won it. I think it would only add to the experience. 

I have been to Berlin a few times and it would be good destination for a stag do. Would recommend trying to get into Berghain as it is phenomenal if you like dance music at all. 

I travelled to Germany for the 2006 world cup and went to all the England game fanzones and a number of others. Expect crowds, beer and party atmosphere. The street markets and food were excellent but the beer was expensive, a full night out in Nuremberg was interesting for bumping into some exiled Stoke fans who were on the lash for the night. It was mental.

51 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

Apart fro anything else, the cost of everything else will rocket.  Think of the planet and avoid flying. 

Those planes are flying whether I get on them or not. 

Don’t do Turkey. I went to one there and the nightclubs are just loud bars, plus there are no strip clubs or any other forms of female entertainment easy to come by. 

Prague is excellent. It has everything but a bit chilly now. 

Malta is amazing. Far more lively than I expected and the women are stunning. 

Best stag do I went to was actually in Cardiff. Brilliant nightlife, people and set up for that sort of thing with escape rooms, go karting and axe throwing. In fact the Leeds, Newcastle and Cambridge stags I have been on were the very best. 

Berlin is alright, its a bit like an English city in that its not the most beautiful to look at and quite run down in area's but the people are friendly enough and obviously the Germans love beer as much as we do!

I was in Paris for Euro 2016 and went Ireland v Sweden (Irish fans were a great laugh to be fair) and dont recall the hotel costing any more than normal, the chance to go the fan zone and watch England win the tournament whilst in Germany would be pretty immense.

In terms of other cities I have been a stag do in Tallinn which was good, fairly reasonable pricing and have beer halls, the old town is beautiful with a medieval theme to it.

Another city I loved visiting which is relatively cheap and off the beaten track is Ljubljana, absolutely beautiful and in the summer has loads of bars by the river all be it not as lively as your Prague's or Budapest's.

Archived