onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

European Stag Do Destinations

eh up nah

Advert

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Berlin is alright, its a bit like an English city in that its not the most beautiful to look at and quite run down in area's but the people are friendly enough and obviously the Germans love beer as much as we do!

I was in Paris for Euro 2016 and went Ireland v Sweden (Irish fans were a great laugh to be fair) and dont recall the hotel costing any more than normal, the chance to go the fan zone and watch England win the tournament whilst in Germany would be pretty immense.

In terms of other cities I have been a stag do in Tallinn which was good, fairly reasonable pricing and have beer halls, the old town is beautiful with a medieval theme to it.

Another city I loved visiting which is relatively cheap and off the beaten track is Ljubljana, absolutely beautiful and in the summer has loads of bars by the river all be it not as lively as your Prague's or Budapest's.

Barcelona has clamped down on stag dos.The Police don't tolerate them anymore. I worked at Barcelona airport and they'd turn back at least two groups every weekend.Was fun watching 6 gobsh***s from Burnley getting tasered though.

21 hours ago, WV said:

I was in Barcelona when the World Cup 2010 final was on. Watched the game in one of the big parks on the big screen with thousands of people. It was immense. Such a good atmosphere, it helped that Spain won it. I think it would only add to the experience. 

I have been to Berlin a few times and it would be good destination for a stag do. Would recommend trying to get into Berghain as it is phenomenal if you like dance music at all. 

How long are you looking to go for and how many? 

I organised one earlier in the year eventually narrowed it down to Dublin, Amsterdam and Berlin as we were only a small group of 6.  Dublin won in the end as Berlin was simply too prohibitive on flights for shorter period(we only wanted 2 nights) and I got a good deal on a very central hotel location. 

Dublin was good fun, not cheap(where is tbh apart from parts of eastern europe maybe?) but not as dear as I thought it was going to be.  Outside of temple bar(at night) it's no worse than you'd pay in Manchester for a round of drinks

I found flights were actually cheaper on return the longer you went for(Spain and Portugal especially it was cheaper to go for 5 days plus than 2 or 3(flights wise)).  I was booking the backend of a half term week though as 2 of the lads worked in education so that maybe why.  So my advice would be avoid half term or holiday weeks if you can!🤣

We watched the FA Cup final in one of the large bars(full of Irish Man Utd fans) and it was a cracking atmosphere despite them losing to City.  That said the booing of our national anthem was deafening before the match so I'm not sure it would be the best place to be should England somehow get to the final of the Euros🤣.  That said the Irish generally were very friendly towards us and have been a couple of other times myself always found them very hospitable, I just don't think they are fans of the royal family!😂

16 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

I organised one earlier in the year eventually narrowed it down to Dublin, Amsterdam and Berlin as we were only a small group of 6.  Dublin won in the end as Berlin was simply too prohibitive on flights for shorter period(we only wanted 2 nights) and I got a good deal on a very central hotel location. 

Dublin was good fun, not cheap(where is tbh apart from parts of eastern europe maybe?) but not as dear as I thought it was going to be.  Outside of temple bar(at night) it's no worse than you'd pay in Manchester for a round of drinks

I found flights were actually cheaper on return the longer you went for(Spain and Portugal especially it was cheaper to go for 5 days plus than 2 or 3(flights wise)).  I was booking the backend of a half term week though as 2 of the lads worked in education so that maybe why.  So my advice would be avoid half term or holiday weeks if you can!🤣

We watched the FA Cup final in one of the large bars(full of Irish Man Utd fans) and it was a cracking atmosphere despite them losing to City.  That said the booing of our national anthem was deafening before the match so I'm not sure it would be the best place to be should England somehow get to the final of the Euros🤣.  That said the Irish generally were very friendly towards us and have been a couple of other times myself always found them very hospitable, I just don't think they are fans of the royal family!😂

oh deer!:drink:😄

6 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

We are going for three nights, Friday to Sunday.  Twelve of us going.

Dublin did get mentioned and the price of beer was what put most off.  Although as you say it probably gets blown out of proportion.

We've decided on Prague.  For the dates we're locked into it was by far the easiest and had the best flights.  We went 20 years ago and it was some place then and apparently still very cheap comparatively.

Berlin would 100% have been my first choice on any other weekend.  I just felt that with it hosting the final that Sunday we risked not getting the real Berlin.  Last thing you want on a stag do is bars closing and being hurded into fan zones and such.  Particularly if England make it.   Might well be overthinking it but I'd rather not have to and just go another time.

9 hours ago, eh up nah said:

We are going for three nights, Friday to Sunday.  Twelve of us going.

Dublin did get mentioned and the price of beer was what put most off.  Although as you say it probably gets blown out of proportion.

We've decided on Prague.  For the dates we're locked into it was by far the easiest and had the best flights.  We went 20 years ago and it was some place then and apparently still very cheap comparatively.

Berlin would 100% have been my first choice on any other weekend.  I just felt that with it hosting the final that Sunday we risked not getting the real Berlin.  Last thing you want on a stag do is bars closing and being hurded into fan zones and such.  Particularly if England make it.   Might well be overthinking it but I'd rather not have to and just go another time.

Watch Czech Republic get to the final 🤪.

Have a good time mate. Good choice. Prague is a great stag venue. Equally as good with the other half too. 

Totally depends on flight times if only going for 3 nights. Dublin has become far too expensive, Berlin is a great city to visit with great Beer but as you say, the football could hinder a stag do massively, but also could make for a fantastic weekend, Prague is one of my favourite cities, great for stag dos, easy to get around and a lot cheaper than most cities with it not having the Euro. Other great cities….Munich, more upmarket than Berlin but some great bars, really good beer and quite compact in the city center. Bratislava, a smaller version of Prague but cheaper. Talinn, very pretty City and cheap, lovely looking women (as does Prague and Bratislava). Krakow, very cheap and more bars per area than any other city in Europe I believe, interesting city to visit as well. Warsaw, very different from Krakow being a lot more modern, didn’t find the nightlife as good as Krakow but still pretty good. Palma, great in the fact it is warmer than the others mentioned, some great bars for the evening and can recover on some great beeches nearby. Malaga, similar reasons to Palma.

I had my stag do in Split and the island of Hvar, great party place, especially if you like the dance scene but not suitable for just 3 nights.

Archived