onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (A) match thread 7th Oct

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Darren, I’ve heard that Mitch is now identifying as invisible, so this might be why we haven’t seen him.

Is that so he can ghost into the box. The opposition will be trying to sniff out his runs. 

Advert

Ripley

Mitch Balmer Smudge Jones Grant

Blaster   Ojo

Garrity                           Plant

Wilson

Hopefully Uche and Chizzle are fit enough for 20 off the bench.

There are lots of calls for 4 at the back. I think, like me, there is a wish to play a back 4. Given a few injuries it's a chance to call for a back 4 as a necessary change.

But I just don't see this happening and teams generally don't change mid season. I think the solution will be to find a temporary player to fit the system rather than change the system. 

42 minutes ago, Warren said:

There are lots of calls for 4 at the back. I think, like me, there is a wish to play a back 4. Given a few injuries it's a chance to call for a back 4 as a necessary change.

But I just don't see this happening and teams generally don't change mid season. I think the solution will be to find a temporary player to fit the system rather than change the system. 

Good teams tend to be able to play different systems without too much issue.

Personally, with our centre half issues, I’d like to see us go with something like:

Ripley

Clark   Smith Balmer Grant

Ojo  Arblaster

Plant         Garrity        Devine

Wilson

29 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

What's going on with Cass and Jones? Are they injured?

I would have started Jones on Tuesday if available. I'd have kept Debrah to make a full debut in a home game. Cass only lasted 45 mins which points to something?

4 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Good teams tend to be able to play different systems without too much issue.

Personally, with our centre half issues, I’d like to see us go with something like:

Ripley

Clark   Smith Balmer Grant

Ojo  Arblaster

Plant         Garrity        Devine

Wilson

I'm afraid I disagree. Top teams don't mess with their defence. For example Liverpool always play with a flat back 4. 

Thar said I can see where you are coming from with that proposed team. 

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

I would have started Jones on Tuesday if available. I'd have kept Debrah to make a full debut in a home game. Cass only lasted 45 mins which points to something?

It was just the Ale and Vale lads said we've only got Balmer and Smudge available as CBs for Saturday but I hadn't heard anything?

4 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

The boys on ale & the vale podcast are intimating that Mitch Clark and Crosby have had a major fall out

Think that's putting it a little strongly.

"To me, they need to come out and give us summat on that because speculation's going to start and we all know where that leads to." When one of them says they don't believe that he's got tonsilitis, another says "what is it then, falloutitis?" and the guy says "I don't know this" and clearly states that it's just him with a hunch with no evidence.

23 minutes in.

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Think that's putting it a little strongly.

"To me, they need to come out and give us summat on that because speculation's going to start and we all know where that leads to." When one of them says they don't believe that he's got tonsilitis, another says "what is it then, falloutitis?" and the guy says "I don't know this" and clearly states that it's just him with a hunch with no evidence.

23 minutes in.

As long as the opposition is confused!

8 minutes ago, newchapel valiant said:

Tonsillitis is bad if you get it properly I was in bed for two weeks with a fever and could not Swallow a thing.

Yes I, and many other people, have had tonsils removed. They have zero functionality but can certainly cause lots of irritating health problems. 

Off topic so apologies. 

I noticed that 6 games already off next weekend. Thomas is in Welsh squad but can't see anything ( yet ) about any call up for Arblaster or Devine.

Really hope this game is on. Don't fancy a freezing cold night match with less than 5000 there thank you very much. 

Archived