onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (A) match thread Sep 2nd

ollyandpatch

Advert

Due to holidays and stuff I haven't watched a full game yet this season. Saw the scores coming in (from Indonesia), I am absolutely buzzing. I have the feeling now like when we beat Rotherham (I think it was) 6-2. I think we have what it takes to go up. Still early days though. If we can get to 19 points from nine games then that is a brilliant consistent start.

1 hour ago, Portvale4 said:

Spot on Doha! 

I was genuinely baffled come 11pm on Friday that we hadn’t replaced Benning and provided competition for Grant. 

Benning would have a done a job as cover, and that would have allowed Plant to flourish in his natural position. 

To be linked with Denver Hume & Gibbo on deadline and neither come in, is a little bit questionable. Just going off what I’d heard yesterday, for either to come in, at least one would have had to have left. 

Spot on off 

Doha is not some international manager looking into our squad he also don’t know better than our current set up 

7 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

I've noticed pre and indeed after the matches that we've won v Reading, Charlton and now Oxford, their comments that they should be beating "The likes" of Port Vale. The same happened after the Blackpool game......

Long may it continue. The more the opposition arrogantly dismisses us and underestimates how good we are the better. We are going to win a lot more games if this continues.

Let 'em learn the hard way.

2 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Spot on off 

Doha is not some international manager looking into our squad he also don’t know better than our current set up

:laugh:

Having an opinion on conceding 10 crosses a game ≠ must be an international manager.

3 hours ago, Doha said:

Yeah, then was immediately loaned back. Perhaps Grealish to NC would have been a better example, I just meant we're starting to get those top drawer loans in.

By comparison to 17/18 when we were loaning in Rekeil Pyke and Zak Jules under Norman, the progress is unbelievable.

I spoke to Carol after yesterdays game  and said I thought Arblaster the best loan signing I have ever seen at Vale. 

Carol was telling me they only wanted PL loans this season with exception Thomas because how good he is. Said last season they didn’t have enough time to lay the groundwork with PL clubs to get the top quality loans.

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Hilarious reading until the end. Apparently we beat Real Madrid yesterday. Having colluded with the officials. :smile:

They were the same on the BBC website. 

Whilst they had some nice bits of play they weren't much special.  Had nothing up front , for me we dealt with it relatively comfortably in the main.  

No idea where this Billy big balls has come from . Particularly from a place with a car park as one of their ends. Deluded as . 

1 hour ago, Portvale4 said:

Spot on Doha! 

I was genuinely baffled come 11pm on Friday that we hadn’t replaced Benning and provided competition for Grant. 

Benning would have a done a job as cover, and that would have allowed Plant to flourish in his natural position. 

To be linked with Denver Hume & Gibbo on deadline and neither come in, is a little bit questionable. Just going off what I’d heard yesterday, for either to come in, at least one would have had to have left. 

Money and longer term strategy.Why pay a fee to bring lads in when there are free agents available now for the short term and better longer term options who we can target as free agents next summer?

Don’t be surprised to see us sign a free free agent during our international break.

They were the same on the BBC website. 
Whilst they had some nice bits of play they weren't much special.  Had nothing up front , for me we dealt with it relatively comfortably in the main.  
No idea where this Billy big balls has come from . Particularly from a place with a car park as one of their ends. Deluded as . 
Twitter has made for some hilarious reading too.

They are absolutely rattled that we beat them and I love it!

Weird bunch.

I do find it amusing the Oxford view on the ref even though McGuane said the lads sent off apologised to the team mates and the manager also had no complaints with the reds.

The ref wasn’t great though. 1st half I’ve never seen so many soft fouls given to one team whilst we had nothing. Maybe that was the influence of Brannigan who was the refs shadow. I don’t think he strayed 6 yards away from the him other than taking or defending a set piece!

2nd half the ref got right big decisions and started to award both teams soft free kicks.

Sour grapes from Oxford. Not good enough to break us down. 

4 hours ago, smithie said:

Couldn't agree more. Really pxssed me off seeing the Vale fans singing and smiling yesterday. The sooner we drum all the fun out of football the better.

Nice response.

I'm absolutely delighted with where we are, but at my age I'm reserving a thimbleful extra for when we inevitably get promoted as champions. I'll stop digging now.

Archived