onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Happy Clappers Club

23 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

The idea that you can only moan if it changes something is a bit weird. Implies that no one can grumble, ever, unless they're in a position to change it. Sorry lads, bask in the pouring rain - you can't change it!

Let people have a moan lads. It's a League 1 football forum. It's no different than spouting off in the Leopard (RIP) after a game before the internet existed. 

Some folk see the positive in everything. Some folk (like me) don't. The incessant 'stop moaning' back and forth really brings down the discussion on here sometimes as any fun debate about what's going on with our little hobby degrades into about 5 lads trying to stop other lads having a bit of a whinge, which as someone from Stoke-on-Trent, is part of my birthright. It's become obsessive for a few - all they ever post is 'stop moaning!'.

If you canna handle a few lads venting and having a whinge, away from the players, club, and ground where no one really gets harmed, then don't come on a football forum - it's quite simple. 

Not too sure that works Joe, stop moaning at people having a moan because it's alright for them to have a moan, if you get my drift?

Actually, it's not the moaning, griping and whingeing that bothers me too much to be honest. I used to stand on the Railway Terrace from the late 60's so it is normal Vale fans behaviour. It's the "I told you so" attitude that eventually gets to me. I completely agree that in the past, probably before your day, Joe, pre internet, all this was played out in the pub/WMC on Saturday night and then forgotten until the next Saturday.

You're probably right though, I shouldn't come on a football forum with a different opinion - it is quite simple. 

Advert

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

That's fine. I'll remove myself from the thread so you can all be happy and clappy together in your cutesy little village of Clappington, Happyville.

Don't leave the thread Valiant it's more fun when you are on and it's nice to get someone else's viewpoint and you never know but you might become happy clappy one day. 👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

So should I praise the players and staff instead on the back of a 7-0 loss? In life we all get praised sometimes and we also all get criticized at times. I'm not foaming at the mouth spouting abuse at games, or protesting. In my opinion, those who only comment when they feel somebody or something is worthy of praise here is the definition of a happy clapper. They have a right to be like that, just as those that pay money to help the club have a right to criticize as long as it's not over the top.

Read the first few words of my post .IAM AGREEING WITH YOU.

where do I say you should praise the players?

where do I say you are foaming at the mouth spouting abuse at games or protesting ?
Where do I say you don’t have the right to criticise .?
Cant you understand that the majority of my criticisms of the club I choose not to post on a forum ,where’as you do . FFS.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, barny61 said:

Don't leave the thread Valiant it's more fun when you are on and it's nice to get someone else's viewpoint and you never know but you might become happy clappy one day. 👍👍

More chance of a Men's Wimbledon Final between Kim Jong Un and Rumpelstiltskin in 2024 than me getting my happy clap on. Admittedly I do like a good whinge!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, aspin for england said:

Read the first few words of my post .IAM AGREEING WITH YOU.

where do I say you should praise the players?

where do I say you are foaming at the mouth spouting abuse at games or protesting ?
Where do I say you don’t have the right to criticise .?
Cant you understand that the majority of my criticisms of the club I choose not to post on a forum ,where’as you do . FFS.

You haven't said those things yourself. I'm aiming that in general, at those that constantly moan about people like me that praise AND also criticize. If you can't have a grumble and ask questions on the back of a pretty poor pre-season and a 7-0 loss on the opening day of the season then when can you? Nothing will come of my posts. But that's besides the point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

The idea that you can only moan if it changes something is a bit weird. Implies that no one can grumble, ever, unless they're in a position to change it. Sorry lads, bask in the pouring rain - you can't change it!

Let people have a moan lads. It's a League 1 football forum. It's no different than spouting off in the Leopard (RIP) after a game before the internet existed. 

Some folk see the positive in everything. Some folk (like me) don't. The incessant 'stop moaning' back and forth really brings down the discussion on here sometimes as any fun debate about what's going on with our little hobby degrades into about 5 lads trying to stop other lads having a bit of a whinge, which as someone from Stoke-on-Trent, is part of my birthright. It's become obsessive for a few - all they ever post is 'stop moaning!'.

If you canna handle a few lads venting and having a whinge, away from the players, club, and ground where no one really gets harmed, then don't come on a football forum - it's quite simple. 

Spot on,the Mrs is always having a go at me,calling me a"whinging old bastard" when we lose 7-0 and Mr.Grumble when we only win 1-0.Mind you to be fair,I've only been doing it  for the last fifty one years so she should be  getting used to it now? KTF.UTV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

1000 disgruntled Crewe fans looking for tickets in the home end?

Good luck to them, they wouldn't stand a chance without purchase history, and they'd be off their heads to try. And do you honestly think they'd bring another 1,000. This is Crewe we're talking about. 

Edited by Family Stand Terrier

Just mentioning this in case anyone is impatient:
There's been a marked increase in applications to join the Happy Clappers Club today - and some surprising ones too.
Its taking time to fill out all of the necessary paperwork so please bear with us whilst we process things.
UTV

Hope you're insisting on a break clause for some
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2