Barnsley (A) match thread Sat Aug 5th

ollyandpatch

23 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Ripley

Clark Balmer Smith Jones Grant

Sang

Ojo Garrity

Harrison Plant

I think we'll probably lose, Barnsley have a strong squad.

That would be a pretty disappointing failure to have to play a teenage midfielder up front, a year on from having to do it last season against Fleetwood. The other 71 clubs have managed to recruit more than one ST/CF so, pretty disappointing if that turns out to be the case.

Advert

1 hour ago, Vale 1971 said:

Team
Ripley
Balmer Jones Icavetti
Sang Grant
Ojo Garrity
Cheslett
Brazier Harrison
That's what I'd go for personally but that will not be the team for one we should have new striker and no way will Crosby leave out Mr limited
UTV

So our new Captain won't play in your team ?

No idea on formation and I haven't seen much of the new signings. I think these players are definites; Ripley,  Clark, Smith, Grant, Ojo, Garrity,  Harrison.  I suspect Chislett, Lowe and Jones will also start, as they have quite a lot of experience at this level and it's a tough first game. Unsure whether Lowe would be used at the back or in midfield.  The remaining spot I've no idea about. If we haven't got a new striker then Massey might start there, or he might play Plant and Chislett just behind Harrison. Possibly Garrity alongside Harrison and Sang. 

I noticed that last season Barnsley had a reciprocal policy to away ticket pricing, meaning that a number of clubs fans paid less to attend their match at Oakwell than we did. I doubt that we'd have a ticket allocation yet, even if they had their house in order considering that we've not formally confirmed our ticket structure yet.

It'll be £25 in the Hamil and Railway, £26 in the Lorne Street if you're not a member incase anyone was wondering.

8 hours ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Ripley.

Kofi. Smith. Jones.

Clark. Ojo. Garrity. Grant.

Plant. Harrison. Chislett.

Whilst I like the look of that, I think that formation would be more suited to a home game rather than an away against last years play off runners up. If we’re on the back foot, we run the risk of being over run in midfield with just the Ojo and Garrity - especially if they try and hit us on a counter when Garrity has tried to make a lot run in the box 

Whilst I like the look of that, I think that formation would be more suited to a home game rather than an away against last years play off runners up. If we’re on the back foot, we run the risk of being over run in midfield with just the Ojo and Garrity - especially if they try and hit us on a counter when Garrity has tried to make a lot run in the box 
Totally agree, I've never been comfortable with 3-4-3, much prefer 3 in the middle and 2 up top

If we haven't signed the elusive strikers in time, I think this is how AC will set up at Oakwell.

But I think he will be more defensive with it, making the formation more of a 3-4-2-1 with Plant and Chislett playing at two 10s behind Harrison.

2 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

I noticed that last season Barnsley had a reciprocal policy to away ticket pricing, meaning that a number of clubs fans paid less to attend their match at Oakwell than we did. I doubt that we'd have a ticket allocation yet, even if they had their house in order considering that we've not formally confirmed our ticket structure yet.

It'll be £25 in the Hamil and Railway, £26 in the Lorne Street if you're not a member incase anyone was wondering.

But Reading have been buying tickets for the Bycars for 2 weeks now and the pricing etc is all there to see and they have sold around 300 so far.

TICKETING.READINGFC.CO.UK

I think the ticket delays might be down to Barnsley. Despite somehow building a very good squad, there's a lot of rumours of disasters behind the scenes, including no friendlies all summer. Maybe they haven't sent tickets to vale yet

5 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I think the ticket delays might be down to Barnsley. Despite somehow building a very good squad, there's a lot of rumours of disasters behind the scenes, including no friendlies all summer. Maybe they haven't sent tickets to vale yet

They have EFL charges against them under multiple breaches under the ownership they had between 2017-22 and could end up with point deductions and a fine. They lost Mads Anderson and a couple of other big players so could be a surprise struggler.

13 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

We have movement....!

Barnsley have released tickets for home fans on their website so we should hear what we have been allocated soon...

Game ON...🤠

The full away end is not on sale to home fans so assume if we want them we could take up to 6k (not that we will obviously)

Archived