1. 1. Who should have been sacked?

• Darrell Clarke
    • David Flitcroft
    • Both
    • Neither

Advert

1 hour ago, Vale Ball said:

I think it's silly to have a poll.

I can't vote because I don't have all the facts.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I just thought it was

a) a fair enough to put one up and see how the general opinion lies and

b) would make it easier to do so than scrolling through 100+ posts saying "Flitcroft" or "Clarke" and counting them up manually

As for facts...

You've never had to have knowledge of all the facts to post on here :wink: - it's just opinion and like all opinions, some are informed and some are not...

4 hours ago, MBE said:

Exactly - who have we even bought this season except Harrison?

Forrester cost a fair bit and has been mixed, some good some bad.

Others who have been brought in and have disappointed Stevens, Agyakwa, Robinson, McCarron, Holden, Massey, Odubeko and even Donnelley who may turn out OK but is no Connor Hall whom he replaced. 

If only football was like the 80's and 90's still.

Rudgie did the hard yards. Football managers actually watching players in action. Didn't Clough famously only sign players after watching them away from home to judge their character better ? Might have made that up but sure i read that. 

Tuesday at Darlington, Wednesday at Bournemouth, Thursday at Moor Green !!!

Now it's all this fancy jazz DOF and recruitment people. That's the game now like it or not.

Potter at Chelsea hadn't even seen that Mudryk play and they paid 80 million was it for him ?

Youtube , analytics and poncefied job titles is the future. 

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Others who have been brought in and have disappointed Stevens, Agyakwa, Robinson, McCarron, Holden, Massey, Odubeko and even Donnelley who may turn out OK but is no Connor Hall whom he replaced. 

Doesn’t make for very good reading does it.

I asked a question 2 weeks ago what did Flitcroft do, what was his role and what was the justification for his position. I was mocked for this.  I will ask that question again now. If he is in charge of all things football related then the buck should fall on him. He is in charge of the recruitment team who have recruited poorly. He is charge of the manager who if true has had no part in recruitment then again it falls at his door. What falls at Clarke’s door his rigidness to change formation in any game. He had to try something different but unfortunately didn’t. I will always be grateful for everything Darryl did for the football club. Thank you and good luck wherever your next journey is.

33 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I don't disagree with the disappointing players but we have spent the sum of zero expect Harrison and Forrester. We've not invested badly. We have recruited loans badly.

7 hours ago, robf said:

@JohnJames I hope it was OK but I've now tweaked the topic to include a poll with those questions as well. Having it in a poll makes it easier to see the majority view rather than having to scroll through individual answers. 

@Rob Fine with me. That’s what I wanted to do but couldn’t figure out how. Although it’s all Academic now😎 How do you start a poll?

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I don't disagree with the disappointing players but we have spent the sum of zero expect Harrison and Forrester. We've not invested badly. We have recruited loans badly.

How do you know what we've spent?  Do you know all the signing on fees?  Do you know only Harrison and Forrester cost money?

I asked a question 2 weeks ago what did Flitcroft do, what was his role and what was the justification for his position. I was mocked for this.  I will ask that question again now. If he is in charge of all things football related then the buck should fall on him. He is in charge of the recruitment team who have recruited poorly. He is charge of the manager who if true has had no part in recruitment then again it falls at his door. What falls at Clarke’s door his rigidness to change formation in any game. He had to try something different but unfortunately didn’t. I will always be grateful for everything Darryl did for the football club. Thank you and good luck wherever your next journey is.
Flitcroft got Clarke into the club.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

4 hours ago, 1 said:

What an irony that after all Clarke mini-projects the players were more focused on a project to get rid of him.

None of us can be certain of that.  However, many on here have mentioned him 'losing the dressingroom' which in any circumstances, I think is a strange and cliched phrase. Used many times about managers I know, but what does it actually mean?

The manager by definition is the guy in charge, but does the phrase refer to lack of respect by certain players in any dressing room?  Or, does it mean the manager has 'lost the plot?'  Whatever the various interpretations may be, isn't it a sign of the times that some players seem to have too much sway?  From the statement issued by the club it would certainly appear that some 'senior players' were consulted (whoever they were?)

All that being said, although I'm to a degree disappointed that DC has gone, having re-read some of his recent pre and post-match utterings he looked like he was finding himself in a cul-de-sac and going round and around trying to get to a chosen destination.  His body language during recent matches and certainly on Saturday (although a referee like that one would drive anone barmy) for me betrayed a lack of self-confidence and an apparent 'distance' from his other coaching staff.  Clearly, DF will have to stand or fall on the decision he has taken and, once again, we have to assume that he was in the best position to judge whether the timing was right.

I guess, we'll never know all the answers as to what was going on behind the scenes and whatever was happening.  What's done is now done--whether correct or not, the decision has been made and time will tell us.  I would like to place on record my thanks to DC for his time at PV & all that he achieved last season and wish him nothing but good fortune wherever his next role takes him. 

For the next 4 games we all need to get behind the team and hope that we can get enough points to avoid the dreaded drop.

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How do you know what we've spent?  Do you know all the signing on fees?  Do you know only Harrison and Forrester cost money?

Of course I don’t know the full details but we have spent very little otherwise we wouldn’t have signed so many loan players.

Archived