onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

Advert

10 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Fine lines in football, Ojo puts the chance away and Vale go one up and likely go on to win the game, as it turned out they go down the other end of the pitch and score and become a different team, goals change matches.

We didn't play well yesterday but they were as bad if not worse than us 'til the goal. Frustrating but no need for the "Grim Reaper" to show up.

Another 2 points and we're safe which is what this season was all about.

I'm relaxed about this season, the club is in a much better position than 2 years ago, the truth about the exit of Garelick and rumors of potential new investors will eventually come out. As long as the major "Players" behind the scenes  remain and pull together then there's every reason Vale can have an excellent summer transfer window and continue to move forward.

They weren't worse than us Paul.

We were very lucky to go in at 0-0. They were a lot better than us in the first half. We were abject and got worse somehow. 

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

I would have said Smith.

Please don't say that MOM supposed to be a footballer sorry but if we ever want to improve  and move up the league we need players with vision who can pass to vale players not centre halves who only trait is grappling and trying to get opposition forwards sent off .If we do not get better we will soon be back in league 2.

7 hours ago, vale victory said:

Any other manager would be under increasing pressure now 2 wins in 15 is it ???
Boring unimaginative turgid rubbish football
It’s a chore going to watch games now

Clarke’s level at league 2 level is outstanding
Yesterday after the game he stated that maybe certain players have reached their ceiling .well maybe Clarke has reached his ceiling

Same system time after time that’s been found out in home games , no creativity no attacking threat every week

Carol has backed him and flitcroft to the hilt , maybe too much as it looks like we have been overspending

Something has to change and soon

Sensible post this.

38 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Please don't say that MOM supposed to be a footballer sorry but if we ever want to improve  and move up the league we need players with vision who can pass to vale players not centre halves who only trait is grappling and trying to get opposition forwards sent off .If we do not get better we will soon be back in league 2.

Still the best defender at the club by some distance. 

Replacing Smith would be low on the to do list.

1 hour ago, pete vale said:

Sensible post this.

You think so..?? Just my 2' worth but thinks it's bollox.

Clarke is an excellent manager, he got us promoted last season.  We are a small club - we don't have a massive budget, we're struggling in a new and higher league.  Some of the players have made the step up to EFL1, others haven't. Clarke has given them their chance.

Yes, we were crap yesterday.  But I'm confident that we'll stay up; 9 games to go we'll gain sufficient points to stay in this league.

In the closed season Clarke will get rid of a number of players and others will come in.

Next season I think we'll improve BUT I hope to god we don't get in the play offs - top half finish would be great.  One maybe two years later Clarke will get us into the Championship.

This club is in far better hands than it's been in for over 25 yrs. BUT we've only just started on a long journey.

THAT is what I believe. 

No Happy Clappy sh1te, hard graft, sometimes (very) frustrating. But I genuinely feel that is where we're going. 

UTV

2 minutes ago, Osh said:

Clarke is an excellent manager, he got us promoted last season.  We are a small club - we don't have a massive budget, we're struggling in a new and higher league.  Some of the players have made the step up to EFL1, others haven't. Clarke has given them their chance.

Yes, we were crap yesterday.  But I'm confident that we'll stay up; 9 games to go we'll gain sufficient points to stay in this league.

In the closed season Clarke will get rid of a number of players and others will come in.

Next season I think we'll improve BUT I hope to god we don't get in the play offs - top half finish would be great.  One maybe two years later Clarke will get us into the Championship.

This club is in far better hands than it's been in for over 25 yrs. BUT we've only just started on a long journey.

THAT is what I believe. 

No Happy Clappy sh1te, hard graft, sometimes (very) frustrating. But I genuinely feel that is where we're going. 

UTV

Football is all about opinions, that's why we love it and sometimes hate it

1 minute ago, pete vale said:

Football is all about opinions, that's why we love it and sometimes hate it

Agreed Pete - what's the famous saying: opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one...

THAT is what I believe. 
UTV

Like I said he’s an outstanding manager at league 2 level but we aren’t in league 2 anymore

We are in relegation form , the football especially at home games is rubbish and we play the same way expecting a different outcome

Personally it’s not entertaining it’s boring , I can’t remember the last home game where we have played well

We won’t improve next season if we have a transfer window like the last 2 that’s for sure

34 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

3 -5 -2 DOES NOT WORK IN HOME GAMES.
Only works if Ben Garrity plays as his workrate alone keeps us high up in there half .
Yesterday it was laughable how much pitch they had
The players didn't get about them Conlon Pett and Ojo were mostly in no man's land .
So straight away if your a manager you bring a extra midfielder on and take off a forward especially if have inexperience at the back and they struggling with our very demanding home crowd so moving forwards in home games Wilson on his own as you got to have the ball do anything with it .
Taylor and Harrison may have a decent partnership in away games where the home teams are expected come at us but at home I haven't seen any kind of connection at all between them .
Proctor came on last home game and put himself about but didn't get on yesterday .
I do not get it .
Politic Butterworth travel with the ball and get folk out there seats but only come on when losing I've noticed in home games ,it's absurd to expect Robinson to deliver every game when still learning his trade yet Politic who has magic in his boots isn't even in the squad ,laughable .
They better have a good week on the training ground and come out with some hunger v Accrington and maintain that all game .

Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

We can't play any other way than 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 either home or away because of our recruitment leaving us without any full backs and midfielders physical enough to protect two centre backs or willing to receive the ball to start an attack.

We play three centre backs to cover up their deficiencies. Smith physical but not quick enough, same for Jones. Cass/Forrester/Donnelly all quick enough but not strong enough in the air.

We have no right back in the whole squad! Cass is a centre back, Robinson is God knows what, Worrall is a converted winger to wing back.

We have no proper left back in the whole squad. Jones is a centre back (and nowhere near quick enough to play as a full back). Benning is a wing back, quick enough but not defensive enough to play there in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 as he'd get no protection from our lightweight midfield (hence playing in front of three central defenders who can cover him when he's up the pitch - him as the last line of defence doesn't work).

Going to four at the back would be pretty easy to do if we'd kept the only actual right back we had in James Gibbons instead of thinking we could get better and end up playing Robinson.

The fact is we've recruited for 3 at the back and are now incapable of playing any other way because the squad has so many weaknesses. 

8 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

Rumours are not to be believed .
However if there is a problem off the pitch it may affect those who take to the pitch ,it shouldn't once you cross that white line it's about making sure the Vale win .
A big week for DC and the players it's no good getting promoted and dishing up the rubbish they are subjecting us too majority of home games especially as them who have already invested in season tickets do want other folk be going the games aswell .
Keep playing as they are no more than 4000 season ticket holders will renew its that serious and once folk find other things do that's it they don't tend come back
Even worse our neighbours playing superbly and Vale playersneed take notice of that as there non performances will lead to less intetest in Vale and more in Stoke .
So straight away there has to be a big improvement in attitude desire and application so we have a fanbase move forwards with.
A critical 7 games remain for PVFC

Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

Please stop going on about Stoke doing well should affect Vale's players. They are all professional footballers, its a job to them, most of them will have little to no interest in what Stoke are doing, least of all use it as motivation. 

Archived