onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League One 23/24

20 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

They have won 3 out of the last 4 league games. Scoring 11 goals in the process.

FFP is in Stoke's favour too come the end of the season. From afar, you can see feel that something good is starting to take shape for them.

I hope you are right but something's starting to brew for them

Sadly I think you are right, I watched their game last night at Middlesbrough and they look a good side. 

Interesting to note Stoke have picked up since Neil has had a transfer window, using lots of his predecessor's players resulted in stuttering results before better performances and results since the transfer window - sound familiar?

I think they may have hit their trough and if they get Pearson and the Man Utd defender in permanently and add a striker or two then I do think they will trouble the top six next year - however uncomfortable that may be for us looking on.

Advert

6 minutes ago, Granville said:

Sadly I think you are right, I watched their game last night at Middlesbrough and they look a good side. 

Interesting to note Stoke have picked up since Neil has had a transfer window, using lots of his predecessor's players resulted in stuttering results before better performances and results since the transfer window - sound familiar?

I think they may have hit their trough and if they get Pearson and the Man Utd defender in permanently and add a striker or two then I do think they will trouble the top six next year - however uncomfortable that may be for us looking on.

After building them up yesterday, thankfully I'm now back in the knocking them back down mode.

The Stoke fans seriously think they are in with a very good chance Ben Brereton Diaz because he's a Meir Park lad and he is a self confessed Stoke fan

Just now, Brian Johnson said:

After building them up yesterday, thankfully I'm now back in the knocking them back down mode.

The Stoke fans seriously think they are in with a very good chance Ben Brereton Diaz because he's a Meir Park lad and he is a self confessed Stoke fan

Yeah I think that's where the realism ends. Choice of cafes in Real Betis or Meir Park Tesco and I can see him picking the fruit and veg aisle every time!

If you are a mid table club the 7 club switch won’t make a difference. If we get better then we will be closer to the playoffs, if we don’t it’s a relegation scrap. 

The league 2 clubs that go up, regardless of who they are tend to have a good first season. This year, Forest Green aside, that has gone to form. If Stevenage, Orient, Bradford, Carlisle go up, they can sustain league 1 football for a season or so. 

Going down, Huddersfield, Blackpool, Reading etc are still big clubs. 

Looking at the table now, we are a classic mid table team, quite a way off the top guys and bottom feeders. 

This means ultimately what we do will make the biggest difference, the hope of a weaker 7 team switch won’t determine next season. Our efforts will. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Man U defender is out of their reach.

On 15/03/2023 at 12:52, 1 said:

Sheff Wed are on sky sports 3 games in a row coming up, so that should boost the coffers further while the rest of the league struggles along.

Lost 1-0 at Forest Green Rovers today. They are in the last chance saloon and maybe it pepped them up. 

FGR played some good stuff first half at their place against us, seemed to just sit deep both times and the pressure became too much late on (we hit 5 past them in both games in the last 15 mins). Still didn't see that coming, Wednesday now look vulnerable to a resurgent Ipswich and Barnsley on their coat tails.

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

FGR played some good stuff first half at their place against us, seemed to just sit deep both times and the pressure became too much late on (we hit 5 past them in both games in the last 15 mins). Still didn't see that coming, Wednesday now look vulnerable to a resurgent Ipswich and Barnsley on their coat tails.

Barnsley`s target is to emulate Vale`s 93/94 10 game run-in of 26pts giving them 98 pts, and hope that only one team above them exceeds 2 pts a game i.e. 96 pts. Any bets? Vale and Barnsley both 4th after 36 games.

It's not surprising that the top half of the table is filled with clubs who have the biggest crowds and the biggest budgets and we can't get away from the obvious facts that these clubs are able to purchase the best quality players.

Occasionally,a smaller club like Luton or Bournemouth will come along and compete with the 'big boys' and good luck to them.We are likely to lose three of those 'big boys' this season  so I think the league will be easier next season.

KTF.UTV.

4 minutes ago, For Us All said:

It's not surprising that the top half of the table is filled with clubs who have the biggest crowds and the biggest budgets and we can't get away from the obvious facts that these clubs are able to purchase the best quality players.

Occasionally,a smaller club like Luton or Bournemouth will come along and compete with the 'big boys' and good luck to them.We are likely to lose three of those 'big boys' this season  so I think the league will be easier next season.

KTF.UTV.

Population of Bournemouth 500,000

3 out of Sheffield,Plymouth,Barnsley and Ipswich will go up.

Wigan,Blackpool and 1 other will come down.

FGR,Cambridge and 2 of Burton,Accie or Morecambe will go down.

Orient and 3 others will come up.

With a full transfer window I think we'll recruit earlier and the division will not be as difficult. Vales job is to finish as high as possible, hit the ground running next season and look to progress.

Archived