onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League One 23/24

The clubs coming down don't look as strong, Huddersfield are currently potentially going into administration and Reading aren't in the best shape financially, add it Wigan who again seem to be going through the financial problems that arise every 2-3 seasons and didn't pay their staff/players on time last month and none then look to the level of proposition as Sheffield Wednesday/Ipswich/Derby or Plymouth.

Coming up is wide open, Orient should be fairly stable, Wellens is a good manager and they look very strong this season, Carlisle and Stevenage not so, Stockport would do ok I think with big money.

Looks set to be more open next season, all be it likely with still two at least from Bolton/Derby and Barnsley and potentially Ipswich or Plymouth likely to be the forerunners. 

Advert

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Yes was thinking the same, looked like another decent manager was seeing his career vanish into the Bermuda Triangle that is the Stade de Incinerator. However recent performances have shown a worrying upturn in form.  Can someone remind Agent Neil of the masterplan. Perhaps I am underestimating him and he is just giving the Lardies a false dawn before he flushes them down the U bend. Lets hope so as I am missing the sound of  Bryn emptying another box of Kleenex live  on P & G.

Up until the last 2 games Neil's win % was 11 out of 31 or 35.48%

Uncle Michael
P143 W55 D35 L53 
38.46% wins

Wait till the 5 loan signings go back. I really don't think Neil is that good

55 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

They've won 2 in a row for the first time in months.

The epitome of mid table. They only lost to Blackpool a fortnight ago. Stoke are as mediocre as you can get as is their mundane manager. 

They have won 3 out of the last 4 league games. Scoring 11 goals in the process.

FFP is in Stoke's favour too come the end of the season. From afar, you can see feel that something good is starting to take shape for them.

I hope you are right but something's starting to brew for them

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

They have won 3 out of the last 4 league games. Scoring 11 goals in the process.

FFP is in Stoke's favour too come the end of the season. From afar, you can see feel that something good is starting to take shape for them.

All my Stoke mates feel the exact opposite. The last couple of games aside they’ve been dire all season; most don’t rate any of the players or the manager at all. They’re best players don’t belong to them and they won’t be signing them permanently unless they pay big money, lost they’re best player in Jan. they will be the same next season, probably sack Neil half way through and get someone else in and repeat 

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I agree, despite their mixed results the big difference recently is that they are scoring lots of goals.

I think they will be in & around playoffs next season. Unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

All my Stoke mates feel the exact opposite. The last couple of games aside they’ve been dire all season; most don’t rate any of the players or the manager at all. They’re best players don’t belong to them and they won’t be signing them permanently unless they pay big money, lost they’re best player in Jan. they will be the same next season, probably sack Neil half way through and get someone else in and repeat 

All my Stoke mates feel exactly the opposite to your mates.

You only have to look at the Oatcake Fanzine and also the Stoke fans pages on Facebook like Stoke Loud & Proud to see how much of a buzz is currently being created

All the Stoke fans are demanding that they sign Ben Pearson, Will Smallbone and Dujon Sterling permanently in the summer in which they do now have the big money to pay for them

13 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Back on topic, I think we will release some players and hopefully bring in better.
That being the case another steady season of growth and the possibility of a late surge towards the play-offs.

As for the other matter - toast every time.

It is on topic. Inline with the opening posters thoughts

16 hours ago, blinkme said:

As nonsensical as it sounds, this does make sense (to me at least).  Less 'big' teams at the top so if we have a good season there's more chance of making the playoffs.  If Sheff Wed / Ipswich / Derby were all still in L1 next year - that would be a harder task imo

But also less 'bad' teams down the bottom, so if we have a bad season we could well be in the thick of it.

You've got to be positive though, and overall feel that L1 won't be as strong next season (at those very top echelons) which can only be a good thing.

Improve goalkeeping and change absolutely nothing else = +10 points. Add improved experience and consistency in L1 also changing nothing else = + another 10 point. There we go, we are challenging. Make one of our strikers prolific as well and we may go automatic or even win the league. Simples!??

20 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

All my Stoke mates feel exactly the opposite to your mates.

You only have to look at the Oatcake Fanzine and also the Stoke fans pages on Facebook like Stoke Loud & Proud to see how much of a buzz is currently being created

All the Stoke fans are demanding that they sign Ben Pearson, Will Smallbone and Dujon Sterling permanently in the summer in which they do now have the big money to pay for them

The bottom of the Premier League looks very strong to me. Those sides won't break up - e.g. Southampton have a young squad. So to get from where Stoke are to overhaul them plus the likes of the teams who will reach the playoffs looks a mighty big task. Surely Stoke need a completely new team and squad to gain promotion and stay in the Premier League thereafter. I pressed the buttons on the till and it wants £200 million. 

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Another midweek where teams near the bottom have all lost at home. In all probability we are safe with one more win.

Yes, but we want to see the players perform their best when our strikers are fit. How far can the team climb the league. I think that informs changes to the squad in the Summer. Also, now they are fit, how good is our strike force and support attack? I think it's quite important to find out - but without getting them all crocked again. I hope I'm not being too ambitious. 

On 13/03/2023 at 21:10, NorthwoodValiant said:

01782 238471

These aren't the lottery numbers though, it's the phone number to Tunstall library.

I implore you to ring them up and ask them if they can teach you how to read, because you clearly can not.

Implore means to beg, by the way.

Now now. Don’t get ratty. I got your point and agree with it, Doesn’t mean everybody will understand it.

20 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Hey up better get the open top bus out of mothballs then potholes will be fixed around meir for that.

Archived