onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Ipswich Town

Fosse69

Advert

Thought Conlon was excellent tonight. Worked tirelessly, tackled and battled. Kept showing and having the ball all over the pitch. Don't see any totally right footed players getting stick for only having a right foot - and there are a few of them.

Fantastic game. I thought we were excellent tonight and extremely unfortunate not to take a point.

Best game I have seen from Ben Garrity. His all round game is really improving. Him and Conlon worked so hard. Woz was awesome but Will Forrester again showed he’s playing in the wrong league.

Ipswich best team in the league by some distance in my view.

Entertaining game, which we gave a good account of ourselves. At 2-0 it could of easily become 3 or 4-0 or just petered out into a none event. We gave it a go and can probably count ourselves as unlucky.

For me the difference between us and the teams near the top of the league is the sharpness in midfield. We don’t have much control and don’t tend to dictate the play or tempo. A few neat, sharp passes and they were at us. This then allowed them to utilise the wings. 

I will add that their left back of probably the best player I’ve seen this season in League One. He also cost over a million.

Thought Conlon was excellent tonight. Worked tirelessly, tackled and battled. Kept showing and having the ball all over the pitch. Don't see any totally right footed players getting stick for only having a right foot - and there are a few of them.
We don't have any other players as one footed as Conlon. Worrall put great cross in with his left foot today and Forrester cleared down the line with his left foot.

Conlon worked hard tonight but his ball play was awful. His dead ball play was woeful too. Simply not good enough at present.

Deserved a draw tonight.  First and third goals possibly a bit soft but they looked dangerous.

I actually thought that although he did bottle giving us a penalty,  the ref was decent tonight.

I'd rather watch a game like that, without stoppages every 30 seconds and refs blowing up at every opportunity,  any day.

That was a magnificent effort against a very strong side who can play at pace going forward. The ref wouldn't have booked anyone even if they'd had a leg amputated and so it was a great physical game and the team competed there as well. Any scope for improvement - just learn from the game. We are a good squad at this level and can give anyone a game. Thanks for a great evening. Better luck on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

I actually thought that although he did bottle giving us a penalty

Not having a pop at you ,so basically the one big decision he had to make  and he was 6/7 yards away with an unobstructed view ,he didn't give. He should be made to explain why. Letters of apology to Vale. (It was 72 at last count I think) just don't cut it. Defending him helps him get away with it.  DC should say it in a interview and we'll crowdfund his fine. I haven't been this angry in years. His incompetence cost us a deserved point.

Vale battled well tonight but they had more than us going forward, over ran us in midfield and had some quality in front of goal.

Conlon improves every game but has some way to go to get back to last seasons form. Vale can't rely on just Conlon to provide the creativity and dictate play from midfield, where is the seemingly un-droppable Ben Garrity.

David Worrall was excellent.

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

I would add LWB to that. 

To be fair to Jones he was there to cope with their attack. I'm not sure it worked overall but it added to our physicality. Benning is really good when he plays well but needs to be consistent. 

I think our whole squad is developing and who knows where players will have developed to at season's end.

Archived