onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

35 minutes ago, Emile said:

A draw would have been a fair result. They did nothing also - we had the better chances 

Life isn’t fair. They put the ball in the back of our net twice.  We didn’t take our better chances.  Just to reiterate, luck played no part whatsoever.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Never good to post when angry so after the journey home and a drenching after the match I'll have my two penneth. 

I understand all about the heat on Saturday ( same for all 92 clubs ). But we are not Man City, we can't swap Foden for Mahrez or Stones for Dias. We have to go as strong as we can. You can't pick and choose which games to prioritise. If we have done so with an eye on Burton that's disrespectful to them. MK were woeful, clearly no confidence, there for the taking, zero points, zero goals until the Port Vale benevolent society turn up. 

Hussey having his finest 10 minutes in a Vale shirt, some fantastic balls in, nearly scored ,then he's hooked !! Keep hearing about fitness, why isn't he fit, his injury was in May for goodness sake.

So many players weren't at it and then lo and behold we get a goal and see two of the most pathetic corners possible from Conlon. Mind numbingly awful corners .

A completely wasted night and hard earned money. 

I usually hope I'm balanced on here and not a happy clapper or a moaning Minnie but that was a garbage evening with two limited sides.

Great following too, didn't give a figure, I just walked off apathetic into the monsoon couldn't even be arsed to clap .

You're right we can't swap players in and out and expect to be as good. I was frustrated seeing the line up because I thought if we took the game to them and got the 1st goal we would have won that. You see the line up and it looks like we came for a point however we also have to recognise where we are as a squad. The why's and why nots can be argued but the facts are we have a large amount of key players working there way back from injuries all who have not had a preseason. The only way to get them up to speed is to play matches but like in any pre season you can't just give them 90 minutes for the 1st game back e.g Hussey because they will just break down so you end up with a mix and match side. If Hussey was fit he would have been in the squad prior to last night.

I also think DC is assessing his players from last year to see who is up to the standard and fully expect 2 or 3 current players leaving before the end of the month.

To me we have played 2 fancied teams in this league, more than matched them (nothing in Bolton 11 v 11) knowing we short of players in certain positions and without our best players.

I might be alone on this but I'm feeling really positive about our chances in the league, knowing we are going to be a lot better over the coming weeks and months when we have our attack minded players on the pitch.

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

Life isn’t fair. They put the ball in the back of our net twice.  We didn’t take our better chances.  Just to reiterate, luck played no part whatsoever.

I think one source of luck has been eliminated. That's is the ref can't get in the way anymore. Bad officials persist but we take 50/50 over the season on that one. 

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

You're right we can't swap players in and out and expect to be as good. I was frustrated seeing the line up because I thought if we took the game to them and got the 1st goal we would have won that. You see the line up and it looks like we came for a point however we also have to recognise where we are as a squad. The why's and why nots can be argued but the facts are we have a large amount of key players working there way back from injuries all who have not had a preseason. The only way to get them up to speed is to play matches but like in any pre season you can't just give them 90 minutes for the 1st game back e.g Hussey because they will just break down so you end up with a mix and match side. If Hussey was fit he would have been in the squad prior to last night.

I also think DC is assessing his players from last year to see who is up to the standard and fully expect 2 or 3 current players leaving before the end of the month.

To me we have played 2 fancied teams in this league, more than matched them (nothing in Bolton 11 v 11) knowing we short of players in certain positions and without our best players.

I might be alone on this but I'm feeling really positive about our chances in the league, knowing we are going to be a lot better over the coming weeks and months when we have our attack minded players on the pitch.

Only if we get our strikers fit and / or bring a new one in. I like Harrison by the way. 

Final comment from me on last nights game......

it comes to something when we have gone away from home in L1 to a team who will be in the top 7 and feel disappointed to have come away with nothing, even without our 2 best most attacking players out injured.

What a long way we have come in a short space of time thanks to DF and DC. 

Sometimes perspective is required after the emotion of a game.

1 hour ago, JSValiant said:

The Gas got played off the park by a Michael Duff Barnsley last night?

Exeter have been beaten by Cambridge?  
They haven’t had the injuries we’ve had !

Why can’t some Vale Fans get real, we are not going to win every game.

We will hold our own in this League, no problem, just have some patience.

Brizzle have won two games one of which was against Burton who had a man sent off in the first minute. They’ll lost the other three. 

31 minutes ago, MBE said:

No you are not alone in your thinking, I am sure we will be fine in League One.

On a side line we have not scored first in a match as yet, against Fleetwood, once we had a lead to defend I thought we did it really well. 

I think to be fair to Darrell Clarke he has been saying for some time that due to the play-offs and truncated pre-season that we may have a slow start and then get better as the season progresses. 

He said that last season and that didn't go too badly!

In fact, compared to last season, we are one point better off after the first four games and that's in a higher division too.

I'm not suggesting for one moment that means we are now going to get into the play-offs but it does back up Darrell Clarke's point that his sides tend to hit form later on in the season. 

It was frustrating last night, but there's nothing we can do about it now. There's still enough time in the transfer window to make some key additions, there's still a number of key players to come back... I totally appreciate it was a galling evening for those who spent considerable time and money to attend (and hats off to all of you) but at the end of the day it's only one disappointing result and it's a long season. 

I have a feeling our form at VP is going to be the most crucial factor this season. 

A question for anyone who went but did it feel like 700 vale fans?

Reason I ask is a bit of a headscratcher but I keep seeing people on the socials mention about buying a ticket to some games with no intention of going so that it gives them more loyalty points and first dibs on a game they do want to go to.

Sounds mad that this could be a thing in the middle of a cost of living crisis. Is it just total social media guff?

We really need to start picking up some points on our travels! The last two away performances have been far below acceptable, and very disappointing and unfair to our.fantastic travelling Valiants. Come on DC sort this out! Without doubt we need some more bodies and quick.

Archived