onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

DF said we've shown a player round the ground in person today and he was impressed with the new training zone. Maybe some of the players DC admits weve missed out on might have been swayed if the same was offered to them over those 9 days??
Its different for loan players as they're told where to go by their club. i don't doubt zoom is used for that sort of stuff. Free agents need convincing.
it's either df has wasted his time today by impressing the player with a tour or he should have been in the country giving these impressive tours instead of spending the entire 9 days in spain. cant have it both ways!!
I'm delighted the facilitys have been done up so we can impress players but i'm just not sure why we weren't doing it last week.
It wasn't finished last week it was like a building site

Advert

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Some targets have asked for more than 6k a week and then a week later dropped it to 5k

Just shows how fortunate we are to have a management setup that won't get suckered in to this. DC does make a strong point about not wanting to create a split in the camp regards the wage structure as frustrating as many understandably find it. I agree with him for where we are at higher incentives are the way to go.

12 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

DF said we've shown a player round the ground in person today and he was impressed with the new training zone. Maybe some of the players DC admits weve missed out on might have been swayed if the same was offered to them over those 9 days??

Its different for loan players as they're told where to go by their club. i don't doubt zoom is used for that sort of stuff. Free agents need convincing.

it's either df has wasted his time today by impressing the player with a tour or he should have been in the country giving these impressive tours instead of spending the entire 9 days in spain. cant have it both ways!!

Do you genuinely genuinely believe a players who was interested wouldnt wait 9 days to come and see the ground?

And assuming not every player would have wanted / been able to come on day 1 of Spain, some would have been day 2, some day 3, some day 4, some day 5 etc etc… it averages out at a 4 and a half day wait.

We get it… some people think they shouldn’t have gone to Spain. Message received.

It’s been explained by the successful owner of the club, the successful manager who has 5 promotions and the DOF who oversaw the promotion we were all desperate for last season after tears of dross.

Whats gained by just ignoring their explanation and just repeating the same complaint over and over again?

Just shows how fortunate we are to have a management setup that won't get suckered in to this. DC does make a strong point about not wanting to create a split in the camp regards the wage structure as frustrating as many understandably find it. I agree with him for where we are at higher incentives are the way to go.
6k a week at our level is eye watering to me. On our crowds there is absolutely no way that would be sustainable. Over 300k per year for 1 player? No thanks. 5 or 6 of those and we'd be bankrupt within 6 months

I'm delighted the facilitys have been done up so we can impress players but i'm just not sure why we weren't doing it last week.
Maybe missing out on players had nothing to do with zoom calls?

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

6k a week at our level is eye watering to me. On our crowds there is absolutely no way that would be sustainable. Over 300k per year for 1 player? No thanks. 5 or 6 of those and we'd be bankrupt within 6 months

Yet unbelievably some on here would want us to spend 6 or 7k a week on one player

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Do you genuinely genuinely believe a players who was interested wouldnt wait 9 days to come and see the ground?

And assuming not every player would have wanted / been able to come on day 1 of Spain, some would have been day 2, some day 3, some day 4, some day 5 etc etc… it averages out at a 4 and a half day wait.

We get it… some people think they shouldn’t have gone to Spain. Message received.

It’s been explained by the successful owner of the club, the successful manager who has 5 promotions and the DOF who oversaw the promotion we were all desperate for last season after tears of dross.

Whats gained by just ignoring their explanation and just repeating the same complaint over and over again?

I'm not reading the same things cos I've blocked about half a dozen posters. Very satisfying and I don't have to read their fictional tripe and overbearing opinions.

Try it out...

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:
15 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Yep if that long. Would undo all the good work that has been done since the Shanahans took over. Obviously there are some clubs who will pay that and more in our league such as Ipswich but they have the support base to back it up. 

8 hours ago, Con2Pvfc said:

Aren't people so pessimistic in this forum. I was born in 2002 so I have witnessed only 20 years of ups and downs watching the vale and I can say that through the last two decades, the club currently feels to be at its healthiest.

With owners who have a genuine connection to the club and are pushing for improvements daily, a manager and DoF who have made a lot of hits and just a few misses with signings and guided us to a promotion in their first full season, but people still find areas to moan about.

It is strange to see people have such little trust in the club, at a time where it feels for me in my lifetime, to be one of the first times I have had full trust and confidence in everyone involved in the club.

Spot on! Nice to hear from the younger end of our support, too!

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Yet unbelievably some on here would want us to spend 6 or 7k a week on one player

As was mentioned at the meeting, bringing a new player in on a much higher wage than the existing players in the squad risks upsetting the harmony of the entire changing room, so it’s not simply about being able to pay such amounts to one individual, we’d then have to significantly increase the wages of the entire squad to maintain parity, which would be ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

As was mentioned at the meeting, bringing a new player in on a much higher wage than the existing players in the squad risks upsetting the harmony of the entire changing room, so it’s not simply about being able to pay such amounts to one individual, we’d then have to significantly increase the wages of the entire squad to maintain parity, which would be ridiculous.

Yeah that's it. Imagine we brought someone in now for £6k a week. If I'm James Wilson or Tom Conlon I'd be knocking the managers door down first thing in the morning asking where my pay-rise is and to be honest I think from their perspective they'd be right to.

7 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

...I also question the need for the owner and Director of Football to go on a training expedition to Spain when it could be easier to recruit players by staying in the UK...

FFS!!!!! Will you people stop using this as a stick? Get it in your thick heads you don't have to be face-to-face anymore to hold a conversation! For example - I'm ranting at this poster and i have no idea where he is or what he looks like...and it doesn't bloody matter!

Yep if that long. Would undo all the good work that has been done since the Shanahans took over. Obviously there are some clubs who will pay that and more in our league such as Ipswich but they have the support base to back it up. 
Yes they will. If it was sustainable for us I wouldn't have such an issue with it. The likes of Wednesday, Derby etc can fund that through crowds, which rarely deviate that much. But many clubs are simply at the mercy of their owners making up the shortfall between the wage bill and income and, if that owner loses interest etc, the club bears the brunt. With all the will in the world, Carol can't afford to subsidise those type of wages long term, and nor should she. What I really want, and what I believe the club is aiming for, is long term sustainability and self sufficiency through gradual growth and well considered investment (i.e buying and developing players to sell on)

Archived