onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Look I was behind stone as much as the next fan and sang his name numerous times but 2 mistakes like that in such a high profile game can not be ignored for me but that’s for clarke to decide on I hope he proves me wrong and goes on from last season and like I said some of his saves were excellent 
I actually agree with you on Stone. Decent at times but not a No1 for me, yet. Thing that does wind me up a little is that if it had been Cov who'd made the 2 atrocious errors that Stone did at Wembley he would have been flogged and dragged through the streets of Burslem, regardless of the result. Neither would have deserved it, obviously, but I do hate it when players are treated so differently

Advert

25 minutes ago, mikey said:

No keeper of Blackmans or Hvladkys pedigree will come here to sit on the bench. Stone is decent enough, but will have to wait for his opportunity. 

Blackman has only played 3 games this year.

6 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Look I was behind stone as much as the next fan and sang his name numerous times but 2 mistakes like that in such a high profile game can not be ignored for me but that’s for clarke to decide on I hope he proves me wrong and goes on from last season and like I said some of his saves were excellent 

Fair enough - I agree you don't simply ignore any errors and it's good to hear you'll be behind him if he does start. 👍

7 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Iron, I think that’s where we’ve got to be now regarding players wages. It seems the wage gap from L1 to L2 is a big gap. The clubs ambition is to get in the Championship, imagine how much the wage bill will have to rise then. 

At least £6M of TV money in the Championship helps with wages.

1 hour ago, Alsager Whites said:

Seen a rumour from the Crewe end saying we are interested in Tom Lowery. Been linked with Wrexham.

If that rumour is true,its one i would be pleased with(very good replacement for Taylor imo)

I am surprised he hasn't been snapped up yet but it looks like he is still weighing up his best options,if it's just a money move then Wrexham will be his choice but we will see

Thats true, but for a team at the top end of the Championship. Its a drop to come here.
Would expect if he was dropping down the league's it will be to play games , not for the money offered by the Vale. Having said that Stone isn't a disaster so wouldn't want to guarantee anyone an automatic start, look at Holy from Ipswich. Interesting how we worry about our lack of preseason games and possible lack of match sharpness. Wouldn't this equally apply to an incoming goalie who according to an earlier poster only played 3 games last season. Stone will improve and according to my nephew who worked with Nash at Stoke he is the right man to ensure that happens.

Would expect if he was dropping down the league's it will be to play games , not for the money offered by the Vale. Having said that Stone isn't a disaster so wouldn't want to guarantee anyone an automatic start, look at Holy from Ipswich. Interesting how we worry about our lack of preseason games and possible lack of match sharpness. Wouldn't this equally apply to an incoming goalie who according to an earlier poster only played 3 games last season. Stone will improve and according to my nephew who worked with Nash at Stoke he is the right man to ensure that happens.
I said 3 games this year, the first half of the season he played 8 games in LA, I don't know the standard.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

I said 3 games this year, the first half of the season he played 8 games in LA, I don't know the standard.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Ah Ok understand. Would still class that as hardly a regular starter. I'm no expert but would expect a goalie like any other position in the side needs regular football to help them keep their eye in and be match sharp.

I don't see how a keeper can leave signing for a club until a week and a half before the season and expect to start the 1st game of the season. The key to a good defence is understanding and coming so late to the party means that whoever it is should have to wait for their opportunity. Hopefully the opportunity comes from outstanding performances in cups rather than Stone errors. One thing that is a key plus point for Stone is that he seems to have a knack of making important saves.

Archived