onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

11 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I maybe a little bit controversial here but I think the weak spots could be the central of defence in which he will look to reinforce.

I do think we lack and need a bit of pace at the back ideally. Whoever we pick you would always worry about someone who has a bit of pace and movement about them.

Advert

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

I can somewhat understand selling a player! The problem selling one of your best player's is that it  sends out the wrong message . Don't want to sell anyone without an immediate replacement. 

Every player has a price.  It is usually our best players that attract interest, and we should have cover for all our assets but not always possible. DC is duplicating so hopefully we are prepared

2 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

How quickly people have decided Garritty isn't up to League One is shocking. Our fanbase can be a disgrace.

Not saying hes not up to standard. Just saying for me personally when i look at top midfielders in this league they are a lot better technically than garrity, do i think he can be affective for us yes. Do i think hes a good player yes. Just cant see him recreating the numbers he got last year against better opposition. And if you take his goals away i dont think he adds a great deal. Again could be wrong but from what ive seen of him he doesnt strike me as a top end league one midfielder 

4 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Not saying hes not up to standard. Just saying for me personally when i look at top midfielders in this league they are a lot better technically than garrity, do i think he can be affective for us yes. Do i think hes a good player yes. Just cant see him recreating the numbers he got last year against better opposition. And if you take his goals away i dont think he adds a great deal. Again could be wrong but from what ive seen of him he doesnt strike me as a top end league one midfielder 

Yet.  Give the lad time - he may surprise us all.

2 hours ago, londonvale said:

As Rugby says...Impact Players...

Wonder when we will have rolling subs like ice hockey...who knows what FIFA will dream up next!

Hockey is a bit different, in that players are organised into lines, and the lines switch.  Also the play does not stop to allow the switch (although you can change during a stoppage unless you iced the puck).  You just make sure that you dump the puck to the other end so that you can make a change without too much risk.  I don't see that catching on in football as the pitch is too big.

2 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Yet.  Give the lad time - he may surprise us all.

Hopefully mate my point was that if we got offered a decent amount for him i wouldn't be unhappy letting him go. Hopefully he doesnt as i think he has a part to play my point was just saying i dont think hes irreplaceable at league one level with say the money we would recieve for him

6 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Time will tell how he will develop, as a late comer to League football, with our coaching. Player of the Season not bad for starters.

Hopefully mate my point was that if we got offered a decent amount for him i wouldn't be unhappy letting him go. Hopefully he doesnt as i think he has a part to play my point was just saying i dont think hes irreplaceable at league one level with say the money we would recieve for him
But surely if we can get better with the money we would receive then wouldn't Peterborough be after that player in the first place ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using onevalefan mobile app

7 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

But surely if we can get better with the money we would receive then wouldn't Peterborough be after that player in the first place ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using onevalefan mobile app

Not necessarily as peterborough could be looking at his numbers last season and not sayinf we would replace him like for like but we could maybe get 2-3 players with the money we would receive for him which improves us a whole rather than just in one position 

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

I love BG but if everyone's fit does get in the first 11? I would say he's 5th choice

Would really hope he stays though as we need a good rotation and cover for injuries etc 

Archived