onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Thought and I argued with you on this at the time, that he was a brilliant signing. But the more I saw him the more I thought he slowed us down. He’s decent on the ball, cracking left foot and delivery but after seeing Gibbo racing up and down there and now Benning I just don’t think he suits our style. I’m not sure he’s the player he once was, and another who seems to pick up a few injuries as well. So agree, he Dosent fit into 352 / 532 at all. Just seen MBE’s post and I agree, I think he’s going to be back up at LCB this season 

Our system relies so much on wingbacks with energy and Worrall, Gibbo and Benning gave us that. Hussey didn’t. If we went to a back 4 at any point then that may suit him better as a left back. So with that in mind that’s why I think we need another wingback on each side of the pitch. It’s such a big part of how we play. 

Advert

16 minutes ago, MBE said:

My theory is Hussey has bulked up to play predominantly at LCB as cover for Hall  if injured or should Hall play CB if we need additional height in the middle. 

He’s not dynamic enough to play at LWB on our pitch.

That may be the case. What about Dan Jones though? Is Hussey tall?

2 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Jones was one of the players I thought might get moved on. Like the lad, but he's not good enough on the ball to play LWB. He's a genuine LB at League Two level in my eyes. 

I thought Jones had a great first half of the season before he got injured. But wow what an replacement we got in Hall! 

42 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

My main issue with Hussey is that several times last season he let the ball go out of play when he was given a simple pass near the touchline, as if he wasn't paying attention. Didn't seem to be a fitness issue. 

It's a fair point RZ but as has already been pointed out he wasn't the only one. This did frustrate me, chances missed for quick throws were also an annoyance but they can be ironed out.

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

RUMOUR ALERT!

Might be nonsense - probably is, but I'm bored of seeing people talk about Gibbons and moan about Spanish training camps.

Julian Larsson - 21yo striker from Notts Forest.  9 goals, 5 assists in 25 U23 games last season.

Funny you should say that. I wondered if Forest may be the PL club Vale are speaking to.

I also wondered if they may be interested in Dale Taylor - 18 year-old with a full Northern Ireland cap. 

Either of them could be the "Harratt" of this season - young, talented, hungry and a good bench option. With the good feedback we got from Hudd for our work with Harratt, I can see other clubs may trust us with their promising kids...

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

I thought Jones had a great first half of the season before he got injured. But wow what an replacement we got in Hall! 

Fair point. He did have a good run of form. I just think he might have found his level. More than happy if he does a good job for us. Seems like a good character around the dressing room.

2 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Anyone else think they might have plans for Sammy Robinson this season? I haven't seen much of him.

I can see a player in him, has the speed, just needs to time his runs a little. He is maybe trying too hard at the moment, calm it down and look around. Definitely has the makings.

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:
6 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:
But no Holden or Agyakwa, are we still awaiting the results of the "d*ckhead" analysis?

We haven't signed them yet so can't be given squad numbers

RZ taking the p*ss out of the “d*ckhead analysis” whilst holding his position that he doesnt like DC and wished he wasn’t our manager based purely on his character. 

😂😂

BD1E23B5-66F4-49A6-87C9-CE262F425359.jpeg

Alsager Whites

Very true comment, It wouldn't be so bad if it was just OVF but it's actually the same throughout this Woke dominated world.

Have views that differ from the vocal Wokes and your view is abused and shouted down. In fact current studies are showing large numbers of university students are afraid to speak their anti Woke views in fear of both peer criticism and career opportunities being affected.

OK back on topic...

Is there any definite news on the rumoured James Wilson injury?

As DF admits we have missed out on our main targets does anyone know how our budget compares with the other clubs in league 1?

Archived