Jump to content

Match Thread: Port Vale v Sutton United


Recommended Posts

Back to winning ways, get the crowd on their feet and noisy. The start of another run, leapfrog Sutton, and the chance to move into the top7. The only 6-pointer of the day and revenge for 3 points lost in the capital. Likely to be a robust game, hopefully Proctor and Wilson will appear, 9 cup -finals to go. 3-1 to the Vale for Sutton`s first visit to Vale Park.

Darrell Clarke`s Black and White Army

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Posted (edited)

Totally agree with original post .

Sutton have being superb all season and have already beaten us so we have a score to settle .

Team well maybe it needs freshening up .

Yes the lads have done well but there another 90 plus minutes times 9 of season go .

We need to be big and strong at back for sure .

          Team 

Smith Walker Hall 

Amoo              Benning 

          Pett Charsley 

      Garrity Wilson Proctor .

Something like that .

Need to be less careless with the ball also so id replace Smith if we had someone replace him with ,that's not the case unless Robinsons ready or Gibbons even if nearly fit or Jones if nearly fit .

Defo replace with Gibbons and Jones Robinsons a  unknown but we are at home and we must make sure every pass is a forward thinking one and incisive .

Amoo deserves a start he offered a lot more than most last night ,thought Benning was imaginative and some decent build up play came because of him so he stays in ,so possibly Worrall to have a rest day (generally he is good but booting the ball upfield to no one suggests he is either injured or out of form .I'd like see if Amoo can get to the byline and pull the ball back to JP to drive into the back of the net .

That's my thoughts disappointed hear the fans didn't get behind the team last night .

That's not good enough how badly do you the followers and support of PVFC want promotion ,do not sit there make a racket and create a tempo if there isn't one going on on the pitch .

Must do better 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Totally agree with original post .

Sutton have being superb all season and have already beaten us so we have a score to settle .

Team well maybe it needs freshening up .

Yes the lads have done well but there another 90 plus minutes times 9 of season go .

We need to be big and strong at back for sure .

          Team 

Smith Walker Hall 

Amoo              Benning 

          Pett Charsley 

      Garrity Wilson Proctor .

Something like that .

Need to be less careless with the ball also so id replace Smith if we had someone replace him with ,that's not the case unless Robinsons ready or Gibbons even if nearly fit or Jones if nearly fit .

Defo replace with Gibbons and Jones Robinsons a  unknown but we are at home and we must make sure every pass is a forward thinking one and incisive .

Amoo deserves a start he offered a lot more than most last night ,thought Benning was imaginative and some decent build up play came because of him so he stays in ,so possibly Worrall to have a rest day (generally he is good but booting the ball upfield to no one suggests he is either injured or out of form .I'd like see if Amoo can get to the byline and pull the ball back to JP to drive into the back of the net .

That's my thoughts disappointed hear the fans didn't get behind the team last night .

That's not good enough how badly do you the followers and support of PVFC want promotion ,do not sit there make a racket and create a tempo if there isn't one going on on the pitch .

Must do better 

UTV 

Please leave Jones out of the team, hopefully Hussey’s back has improved: Gibbons more likely for Barrow, got my ticket UTV

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hussey for Worrall for me. Give him a break and let Benning carry on as he hasn't done anything to be dropped. Hussey coming back fit and Gibbo round the corner is better for the run in, and then Worrall pushed up or off the bench for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hussey for Worrall for me. Give him a break and let Benning carry on as he hasn't done anything to be dropped. Hussey coming back fit and Gibbo round the corner is better for the run in, and then Worrall pushed up or off the bench for me.
I like that idea. Hussey is so one footed but doesn't seem to be able to beat his man on the outside so maybe he'll have more success cutting inside like Gibbo does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


I've been offered the opportunity to buy a video match pass for this one by iFollow.  Unusual as I reside in the UK and normally only get this offer for mid-week fixtures.

I take it that it must be an international break weekend or something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, KingRay said:

I've been offered the opportunity to buy a video match pass for this one by iFollow.  Unusual as I reside in the UK and normally only get this offer for mid-week fixtures.

I take it that it must be an international break weekend or something similar.

Presumably the rules only apply when the Prem or Championship are playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, philmpv said:
2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
Presumably the rules only apply when the Prem or Championship are playing

Which still doesn't make any sense to me at all.

If you live in Burslem would you go to the ground for £22 or watch on line for £10 ?  At what point does the number on line off set the number who no longer go to the ground? Add in travelling costs for people further away in their decision making, also those on line where attending the game is impractical.  What is known on Vale`s gate being affected by on-line competition?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


If you live in Burslem would you go to the ground for £22 or watch on line for £10 ?  At what point does the number on line off set the number who no longer go to the ground? Add in travelling costs for people further away in their decision making, also those on line where attending the game is impractical.  What is known on Vale`s gate being affected by on-line competition?
I personally will always go but know the latter would be attractive to some. My confusion arises from the fact that the effect on attendances is always cited as the reason that games largely aren't available in the UK yet how does it being an international weekend suddenly and seemingly make this reason redundant for L1 and L2 clubs so that they're available to UK residents? That's what I can't get my head around. It's as though the rule is only concerned with Prem and Champ attendances, which makes no sense either

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Totally agree with original post .

Sutton have being superb all season and have already beaten us so we have a score to settle .

Team well maybe it needs freshening up .

Yes the lads have done well but there another 90 plus minutes times 9 of season go .

We need to be big and strong at back for sure .

          Team 

Smith Walker Hall 

Amoo              Benning 

          Pett Charsley 

      Garrity Wilson Proctor .

Something like that .

Need to be less careless with the ball also so id replace Smith if we had someone replace him with ,that's not the case unless Robinsons ready or Gibbons even if nearly fit or Jones if nearly fit .

Defo replace with Gibbons and Jones Robinsons a  unknown but we are at home and we must make sure every pass is a forward thinking one and incisive .

Amoo deserves a start he offered a lot more than most last night ,thought Benning was imaginative and some decent build up play came because of him so he stays in ,so possibly Worrall to have a rest day (generally he is good but booting the ball upfield to no one suggests he is either injured or out of form .I'd like see if Amoo can get to the byline and pull the ball back to JP to drive into the back of the net .

That's my thoughts disappointed hear the fans didn't get behind the team last night .

That's not good enough how badly do you the followers and support of PVFC want promotion ,do not sit there make a racket and create a tempo if there isn't one going on on the pitch .

Must do better 

UTV 

 

Those 3 back to back wins have gone to your head. We still need a goalkeeper between the sticks. Garrity in a top 3? Your maddest starting XI yet. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they are potentially looking to allow Saturday's be streamed at the next review point of TV deals after the Covid break, works well for away games or if you live far from VP and can't go them all but on the flip side it may affect attendances.

Big game this one (again!) hopefully we can get a big win, any win should put us in the play off's ahead of some kinder fixtures on paper (as we know with Vale that doesn't always equate to winning!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest Vale at home
8 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

games quickly running out! 3 points a must, would put us in a good position. onwards and upwards. utv☺️

Well said . I agree . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


50 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I personally will always go but know the latter would be attractive to some. My confusion arises from the fact that the effect on attendances is always cited as the reason that games largely aren't available in the UK yet how does it being an international weekend suddenly and seemingly make this reason redundant for L1 and L2 clubs so that they're available to UK residents? That's what I can't get my head around. It's as though the rule is only concerned with Prem and Champ attendances, which makes no sense either
 

Would not screening Sat afternoon Prem matches have a large effect on the lower leagues?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rocky said:

 

Those 3 back to back wins have gone to your head. We still need a goalkeeper between the sticks. Garrity in a top 3? Your maddest starting XI yet. 😂

Maddest I've only changed one player .

Formation are formations its a load of chonnocks really ,make sure our 11 are better than there 11 

We play better when Garrity is up there in a 3 with Proctor and Wilson it's usually Garritys efforts what make the Vale tick .

I can use lots of examples but ones what stick out to me v SALFORD do home driving us forwards at every opportunity could have 2 goals such was his excellence v them .

V Forest Green home high press led to a extremely pleasing first 45 mins 

V Bradford Away high press he was in front of Proctor and Wilson lots of times led to our win .

If Garrity plays well Vale do ,if he is quiet then it's up to others step up he ain't superman .

Amoo why not if we cannot get through the centre we have to come at them from the wings or like I've just mentioned on another thread our dead balls have to be better .

The games where we won are gone there's plenty of ways of winning games the secret is not be predictable 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Maddest I've only changed one player .

Formation are formations its a load of chonnocks really ,make sure our 11 are better than there 11 

We play better when Garrity is up there in a 3 with Proctor and Wilson it's usually Garritys efforts what make the Vale tick .

I can use lots of examples but ones what stick out to me v SALFORD do home driving us forwards at every opportunity could have 2 goals such was his excellence v them .

V Forest Green home high press led to a extremely pleasing first 45 mins 

V Bradford Away high press he was in front of Proctor and Wilson lots of times led to our win .

If Garrity plays well Vale do ,if he is quiet then it's up to others step up he ain't superman .

Amoo why not if we cannot get through the centre we have to come at them from the wings or like I've just mentioned on another thread our dead balls have to be better .

The games where we won are gone there's plenty of ways of winning games the secret is not be predictable 

UTV 

 

You only picked 10 players...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...