onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Sutton United

Fosse69

The thing with ifollow being available on Sat. for international breaks is nonsensical. With no Prem/Champ on maybe a few of their fans would stroll along to watch their local EFL team?  I really doubt ifollow influences attendances much. It's not the same at all as being there. Mansfield bought 900 on a Tues, who could all have paid a tenner and stayed at home to watch.

Maybe the clubs could do some research on how many people could have gone but decided to watch on ifollow instead. As opposed to those who watched on ifollow because for whatever reason they couldn't go anyway. My bet would be the latter out number the former to some good tune.

To me it is just a second best.  Living abroad I can't go, but I get to see the game and donate some cash to the club. Win win. 

Advert

Football wise I feel we are better than these. They play in the old school Wimbledon way of hitting it long and playing percentages, with set pieces a key.

We need to be looking at preventing balls into our box in training and then I believe we will out football them.

They won't have the same solidity as Exeter and I'm sure that people like Worrall will be able to concentrate more on the attack rather than worry about defending.

I just can't help that nagging feeling entering my head that we've been let down so many times before. Any other team would be bullish having lost once in 14 and 10 points from the last 4 but we never seem to come through when needed. You feel like we must win our home games.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

5 hours ago, Osh said:

Can't wait for Saturday. 280 mile round trip for me and whole tank of fuel at around a onner.  

Sadly this is my last game this season - off in to hospital a week today and then on crutches.  I'm hoping and praying that I might just be able to make the Exeter game/last match of the season as either my Vale mates will pick me up on the way past, or my Mrs will take me down there in the car.

Would love 3 more beautiful, shiny points on Saturday; would make my day!  I've also got an idea that my Mrs is making steak and chips for me when I get back - she's such a lucky girl! 😍

UTV and KTF

I’d say that you’re a lucky man. I think Vale will win this 3-1 against a big physical side. Hopefully the team is well rested for Saturday. Best wishes for a successful operation. UTV 

Guest Vale at home
3 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

I’d say that you’re a lucky man. I think Vale will win this 3-1 against a big physical side. Hopefully the team is well rested for Saturday. Best wishes for a successful operation. UTV 

3 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

I Hope you get well soon . Take care  when you arrive at port vale . I also hope The vale win . 

For me I think, in this game, we need to keep it on the floor and pass to  feet as much as we can. 

They've got some very big lads - which showed when we were at their place; if we just hoof it up field we'll just give a lot of possession away.

Try playing it smart and in to feet, some passes in to Dancing James Wilson to turn and slide it past their keeper.  Lovely!

Cant wait for tomorrow 👍

Unchanged team for me. I do understand people mentioning recalling Martin if he's available but Walker isn't exactly vertically challenged and deserves to keep the shirt. 

Yet another big game which I'm quietly confident we'll win. 

The football we played at their place up to 2-0 was the best all season. Spawny deflection changed the second half but somehow we still contrived to lose after going back in front with 10 mins left. 

Rough and ready team of battlers, if we win the battles our football will do the rest .

Can't take any chances, this is for Saturday:

1st season Scott Brown

Tyrone Loran   Aspin    Hall    Tankard

2001 Brammer

10a 10g Conlon        Ainsworth

92 VD Laan    Proctor    Politic

1st season Scott Brown
                     2001 Brammer
You've started early

1 hour ago, 1 said:

1st season Scott Brown

2001 Brammer

Modern day aspin and tankard? Jeez

2 hours ago, barny61 said:

Come on Vale, guaranteed 7th place minimum come 5pm tomorrow if we win this one. Getting excited, must go lie down. 

We could go top 3 if we win and everything else goes for us. Long shot but you never know. 

Every man and his dog thinks he can get in the top 3. Even downsliding Swindle with no Harry it says in that article. Gotta win, no ifs, buts or coconuts. <ovf censored> me it’s Sutton, just smash them. We had more possession in the first game in a period when we only had 40 odd % against others. 

Archived