• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

On 20/03/2022 at 09:48, leedsvaliant said:

Seems like they have a number of injuries in midfield and their manager reckons they might only be able to take a squad of 15. Basically, he said it was a free hit for them as he is looking to recall loan players.

I'm not sure whether that makes them more dangerous as their manager was talking quite defeatist. Dieng is out and he's a key player for them and his replacement got sent off, so their midfield looks lighter. Brown is one to watch.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Exeter have always been a decent footballing side but they seem to fall away at the end. Hope the decline  starts tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Advert:

Guest Vale at home
5 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Exeter have always been a decent footballing side but they seem to fall away at the end. Hope the decline  starts tomorrow night.

Yes so do I . Vale need a win tomorrow night. To keep vale in the Promotion race . Good luck Vale 3 points please . 

23 hours ago, philmpv said:

Only change for me for this one would be Martin back in for Walker, injuries permitting. Benning deserves to keep his place for now. I'd also take Worrall out on his recent form if Gibbons was fit, but barring that I wouldn't drop Worrall as I can't see who his replacement would be

Wilson was limping after the game on Saturday - hope he is fit for tomorrow

Guest Vale at home
3 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Perhaps the lack of public transport is a factor here, there are no buses at night hardly. If you know of a Vale fan who relies on public transport, please offer them a lift. UTV

Well said .  Thank you Tommy . know 4 or 5 people that don’t come to the Vale a night match . As the Bus they can get from May Bank to Burslem. The Last Bus  from Newcastle to Burslem. Ends at 5-00 pm - 5- 30 pm .   And that there Last Bus . And NO BUS home again . Please look after our vale fans that can not Drive . due to illness or  money . 

55 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

Well said .  Thank you Tommy . know 4 or 5 people that don’t come to the Vale a night match . As the Bus they can get from May Bank to Burslem. The Last Bus  from Newcastle to Burslem. Ends at 5-00 pm - 5- 30 pm .   And that there Last Bus . And NO BUS home again . Please look after our vale fans that can not Drive . due to illness or  money . 

Would it work if we put a free bus on from Castle to vale and back to castle stopping at wolstanton and may bank both ways?  If vale wouldn’t fund it we could crowd fund it it can’t cost that much surely? 

• Like 2

Advert:

3 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Chose tomorrow over a trip to Bradford (having to watch the pennies like so many) - now I've tested positive for Covid and will miss two games. Gutted isn't the word. Give them a shout for me.

I tested positive Saturday morning so miss both. Get well soon. It’s <ovf censored>

• Like 2

4 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Chose tomorrow over a trip to Bradford (having to watch the pennies like so many) - now I've tested positive for Covid and will miss two games. Gutted isn't the word. Give them a shout for me.

I had a pcr yesterday and tested positive also so gutted was really looking forwards to tomoz .

So it begins the having Covid whoevers got it may you all make a quick recovery as for Vale keep doing what you doing .

So proud of you lad will go with my season ticket tomoz my heart will be with you all the way .

UTV 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WV said:

Would it work if we put a free bus on from Castle to vale and back to castle stopping at wolstanton and may bank both ways?  If vale wouldn’t fund it we could crowd fund it it can’t cost that much surely? 

Maybe it needs mentioning at the next Supporters meeting?

• Like 3

Guest Vale at home
14 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Maybe it needs mentioning at the next Supporters meeting?

Thank you so very much. for caring about other people . You are so kind . 

Advert:

Guest Vale at home
49 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I had a pcr yesterday and tested positive also so gutted was really looking forwards to tomoz .

So it begins the having Covid whoevers got it may you all make a quick recovery as for Vale keep doing what you doing .

So proud of you lad will go with my season ticket tomoz my heart will be with you all the way .

UTV 

Posted (edited)

Very much enjoying the thought, however unrealistic logistically, of playing out a goalless draw on the last day with Exeter to nail two automatic spots and deny Swindon a PO place…

Edited by Doha
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Vale at home
3 hours ago, WV said:

Guest Vale at home
Just now, Vale at home said:

3 hours ago, WV said:

Thank you . So much for caring about other people . You are so kind . 

Advert:

Guest Vale at home
Just now, Vale at home said:

Thank you . So much for caring about other people . You are so kind . 

3 hours ago, WV said:

Excellent idea; if the club won't/can't fund it that's the sort of thing i'd be happy to chip in to. 👍

26 minutes ago, Doha said:

Very much enjoying the thought, however unrealistic logistically, of playing out a goalless draw on the last day with Exeter to nail two automatic spots and deny Swindon a PO place…

If you’re going to dream why not dream big? If we’re going to be unrealistic how about the thought of having to win down there to become champions.