Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City


Fosse69
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 20/03/2022 at 09:48, leedsvaliant said:

Seems like they have a number of injuries in midfield and their manager reckons they might only be able to take a squad of 15. Basically, he said it was a free hit for them as he is looking to recall loan players.

I'm not sure whether that makes them more dangerous as their manager was talking quite defeatist. Dieng is out and he's a key player for them and his replacement got sent off, so their midfield looks lighter. Brown is one to watch.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app
 

 Exeter have always been a decent footballing side but they seem to fall away at the end. Hope the decline  starts tomorrow night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Guest Vale at home
5 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

 Exeter have always been a decent footballing side but they seem to fall away at the end. Hope the decline  starts tomorrow night.

Yes so do I . Vale need a win tomorrow night. To keep vale in the Promotion race . Good luck Vale 3 points please . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, philmpv said:

Only change for me for this one would be Martin back in for Walker, injuries permitting. Benning deserves to keep his place for now. I'd also take Worrall out on his recent form if Gibbons was fit, but barring that I wouldn't drop Worrall as I can't see who his replacement would be
 

Wilson was limping after the game on Saturday - hope he is fit for tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest Vale at home
3 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Perhaps the lack of public transport is a factor here, there are no buses at night hardly. If you know of a Vale fan who relies on public transport, please offer them a lift. UTV

Well said .  Thank you Tommy . know 4 or 5 people that don’t come to the Vale a night match . As the Bus they can get from May Bank to Burslem. The Last Bus  from Newcastle to Burslem. Ends at 5-00 pm - 5- 30 pm .   And that there Last Bus . And NO BUS home again . Please look after our vale fans that can not Drive . due to illness or  money . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

Well said .  Thank you Tommy . know 4 or 5 people that don’t come to the Vale a night match . As the Bus they can get from May Bank to Burslem. The Last Bus  from Newcastle to Burslem. Ends at 5-00 pm - 5- 30 pm .   And that there Last Bus . And NO BUS home again . Please look after our vale fans that can not Drive . due to illness or  money . 

Would it work if we put a free bus on from Castle to vale and back to castle stopping at wolstanton and may bank both ways?  If vale wouldn’t fund it we could crowd fund it it can’t cost that much surely? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


3 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Chose tomorrow over a trip to Bradford (having to watch the pennies like so many) - now I've tested positive for Covid and will miss two games. Gutted isn't the word. Give them a shout for me.

I tested positive Saturday morning so miss both. Get well soon. It’s <ovf censored>

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Chose tomorrow over a trip to Bradford (having to watch the pennies like so many) - now I've tested positive for Covid and will miss two games. Gutted isn't the word. Give them a shout for me.

I had a pcr yesterday and tested positive also so gutted was really looking forwards to tomoz .

So it begins the having Covid whoevers got it may you all make a quick recovery as for Vale keep doing what you doing .

So proud of you lad will go with my season ticket tomoz my heart will be with you all the way .

UTV 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WV said:

Would it work if we put a free bus on from Castle to vale and back to castle stopping at wolstanton and may bank both ways?  If vale wouldn’t fund it we could crowd fund it it can’t cost that much surely? 

Maybe it needs mentioning at the next Supporters meeting?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest Vale at home
14 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Maybe it needs mentioning at the next Supporters meeting?

Thank you so very much. for caring about other people . You are so kind . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Guest Vale at home
49 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I had a pcr yesterday and tested positive also so gutted was really looking forwards to tomoz .

So it begins the having Covid whoevers got it may you all make a quick recovery as for Vale keep doing what you doing .

So proud of you lad will go with my season ticket tomoz my heart will be with you all the way .

UTV 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Very much enjoying the thought, however unrealistic logistically, of playing out a goalless draw on the last day with Exeter to nail two automatic spots and deny Swindon a PO place…

Edited by Doha
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest Vale at home
3 hours ago, WV said:

Would it work if we put a free bus on from Castle to vale and back to castle stopping at wolstanton and may bank both ways?  If vale wouldn’t fund it we could crowd fund it it can’t cost that much surely? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest Vale at home
Just now, Vale at home said:

 

 

3 hours ago, WV said:

Would it work if we put a free bus on from Castle to vale and back to castle stopping at wolstanton and may bank both ways?  If vale wouldn’t fund it we could crowd fund it it can’t cost that much surely? 

Thank you . So much for caring about other people . You are so kind . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Guest Vale at home
Just now, Vale at home said:

 

Thank you . So much for caring about other people . You are so kind . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WV said:

Would it work if we put a free bus on from Castle to vale and back to castle stopping at wolstanton and may bank both ways?  If vale wouldn’t fund it we could crowd fund it it can’t cost that much surely? 

Excellent idea; if the club won't/can't fund it that's the sort of thing i'd be happy to chip in to. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Doha said:

Very much enjoying the thought, however unrealistic logistically, of playing out a goalless draw on the last day with Exeter to nail two automatic spots and deny Swindon a PO place…

If you’re going to dream why not dream big? If we’re going to be unrealistic how about the thought of having to win down there to become champions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...