• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert:

The ref v Mansfield got a lot of criticism. So either we were a rough house team or there is something wrong with our darting as we were second to the ball all night? But despite that our good finishing and better defending got us a win. 

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

There has been a change of ref.  We now have the second worst ref in the league, Robert Madley.

On a serious note; something must have happened with Madley, to get him demoted so far down the leagues! To be officiating in the Premier at age 32, to League 2 at 36. He's in the prime years of an elite referee, so either he had some stinkers in the Prem, or something else has happened to him...

Advert:

17 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Times are hard. Impending tax rises for us all. Two homes in a week is a big cost to people. Can't help thinking we could of done a double header ticket for say 30 quid . 

Let's hope we get a better turnout than against Mansfield. The players are doing their part. 

It's a massive game now , really pivotal week coming up.

Come on you cheeky whites. 

I always like your posts . Sensible stuff. UTV 

• Like 2

We lose 1000 season ticket holders for night matches for numerous reasons however its so easy to give up our season cards to a friend, relation, work colleague etc when we can't make it so it surprises me that when we are on a roll more don't turn up?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I can see why like stated we can’t reduce the prices against Exeter but there was no reason why we couldn’t against Sutton they will only bring 150 at best and times are hard for a lot of folk and it’s another mega important game better to have 7000 home fans than 5000 shouting the boys on 

I don’t think we should be reducing the price when the product is the best it has been for years. 

• Like 4

Advert:

20 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Don’t you think another 2/3000 on the gate would be a massive help to the team 

We seem to be doing ok as we are. 

2 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

We lose 1000 season ticket holders for night matches for numerous reasons however its so easy to give up our season cards to a friend, relation, work colleague etc when we can't make it so it surprises me that when we are on a roll more don't turn up?

Perhaps the lack of public transport is a factor here, there are no buses at night hardly. If you know of a Vale fan who relies on public transport, please offer them a lift. UTV

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Perhaps the lack of public transport is a factor here, there are no buses at night hardly. If you know of a Vale fan who relies on public transport, please offer them a lift. UTV

That's a very good point as I know that you can't get a bus to Newcastle after about 7 o'clock at night. 

When I've commented I'm not criticising our fans , it just seems at a night game we do lose a big chunk. 

Last Tuesday Swindon and Stockport exceeded 8000 and Carlisle had more home fans than we did against Mansfield. 

Of course people work shifts, children's school, transport but that applies to every club. 

Be just nice to see the lads get the support their efforts merit. Other than Tranmere we haven't really had a ' wow ' gate although Bradford was excellent considering it was on sky.

I know it's years ago now but Burton and Northampton showed people will turn up . 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

That's a very good point as I know that you can't get a bus to Newcastle after about 7 o'clock at night. 

When I've commented I'm not criticising our fans , it just seems at a night game we do lose a big chunk. 

Last Tuesday Swindon and Stockport exceeded 8000 and Carlisle had more home fans than we did against Mansfield. 

Of course people work shifts, children's school, transport but that applies to every club. 

Be just nice to see the lads get the support their efforts merit. Other than Tranmere we haven't really had a ' wow ' gate although Bradford was excellent considering it was on sky.

I know it's years ago now but Burton and Northampton showed people will turn up . 

There's a few issues at play here though. Swindon and Carlisle are one-club towns, and I believe both did an offer on tickets for those games. 

With regards to the Burton and Cobblers games, the former was reduced ticket prices and marketed superbly. By the time the Cobblers came to town we only needed a point for promotion, so if we couldn't fill the gaff on that day then we might as well have given up. 

I understand the calls for cheap tickets for a game or two.. but that's easy to say when we're not the ones who spent millions on buying the club. The Shanahans deserve to get their investment back ASAP and that won't happen with cutting prices. 

I'm confident we'll have a decent crowd tomorrow. 

Advert:

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Swindon average attendance is 8500+ this season. Their attendance on Tuesday was their lowest since Stevenage on the 29th December. 

Stockport have had some big attendances this season 

WWW.FOOTBALLWEBPAGES.CO.UK

Edited by WV

Night games are more difficult full stop. It's a late night for kids who are in school. I don't make many night games as with 2 kids under 8 it isn't easy to get out midweek.

Public transport is poor, living is expensive and people probably prioritise the weekend games. I would love to get to more night games but it isn't always feasible for people.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1