• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Possibly the worst opposition I have seen Vale face in 51 years. Credit to the 270 Scunny fans who travelled down.

Weather was a leveller, but play like that on Tuesday and it will be all over by half time.

our worst midfield 1st half .

Advert:

First half was very poor, I agree. However, surely we can take some positives from that second half?

In the second half Wilson and Harratt both should have scored and it could have been 3-0. We played in their half and were by in large dominant.

It was a similar game to the Salford one and we ended up losing that. A win is a win my eyes.

Edited by SuperHuman
  • Like 5

DC makes a good point about 3 at the back.

People wanted 442 or 433 which would have been more attacking and probably a better solution to todays game.

But we have no right back making that difficult… something we are hoping to rectify on Monday.

As an aside… Martin played well again today and Hall looks like a great addition, his ball through to Hussey was lovely

Wilson looked back to his best until he took an ankle knock and then got cramp… persevering will hopefully start to pay dividends.

Cooper looks fun!

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 9

Advert:

10 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

First half was very poor, I agree. However, surely we can take some positives from that second half?

In the second half Wilson and Harratt both should have scored and it could have been 3-0. We played in their half and were by in large dominant.

It was a similar game to the Salford one and we ended up losing that. A win is a win my eyes.

I’m looking forward to running that back and getting the right result this time, after back to back wins...

• Like 1

Relieved to get the 3 points. Gives us a platform to get our season going again. Second half was much better, just need a bit more luck in front of goal. 

On a side note, getting a new pitch at Vale Park must be up there on the list of priorities. We’ll never see free flowing football on that pitch after October. It’s a bog. 

• Like 3

Bad weather makes it difficult for both teams, so it’s best to just hammer the ball over the line once and take the win. A few tweaks for Tuesday and I’m happy to take FGR on. At this rate Proctor is going to have literally 5 games at the end of the season at full fitness.

Advert:

Important win that. I wish we'd beaten Salford instead but that's football. 

Scunthorpe fans deserve credit for sticking by their team. I wish them well and hope they can get the points they need to stay up. 

I'm optimistic for FGR now. Hopefully a more open game with maybe a thrilling 3 2 home win. 🤞

UTV! 

• Like 2

Anthony Grant's ability to gravitate towards danger is so impressive. He barely ran just swept us with ease. Passing was off as he hasn't played in ages but a massive boost for them.

• Like 3

Game of two halves. First one was awful and the second was better, but still not up to standard. There was very little football played First half, we just launched the ball in the channels, missing out the midfield.

First half Wilson and Garrity were poor but good second half. I though Garrity's energy grew as the game went on and he, along with Wilson, became more influential.

I don't like 3 4 3. The wide midfielders have little space in front of them to run into as the wide forward players take up their space. Amoo kept running into Husseys space which was very frustrating.

I like Charsley's energy. Jury is out on the keeper but its early days. Feel sorry for Stones.

Overall we are a very disjointed team at present. Lets hope Clarke can settle on a team and we can get a run of positive results together.

Advert:

7 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Off Topic..

11000 at Tranmere v Forest Green.

Good effort that.

I bet a good 4,000 away fans boosted that crowd…. maybe not.

With neither Liverpool nor Everton playing this weekend maybe added a few, but still a good crowd that we can only dream off unfortunately.