• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Advert:

9 minutes ago, MBE said:

The wind played a huge part in that game today. Any decent team would have struggled to play in those conditions.

I would put my mortgage on it that Wilson GPS stats are higher than anyone today for distance covered and number of sprints.  The last 20 minutes players from both sides were blowing out the arse, even Woz. It was a tough game in those conditions.

It's a win, we don't look like a promotion or play offs side at the moment but I guess that's hardly suprising given all the change and the covid break. We go again as they say. We look short up top imo.

• Like 1

Amoo is a right winger and he’s probably never played there under Clarke. His best games for us have been when he’s played on the right. He drifted out to the right a lot against Oldham and murdered them.

It’s pointless him playing on the left. He doesn’t offer half of much of his directness as he’s always going to cut back onto his right foot. His biggest strength was beating his man and getting to the byline and crossing or getting a shot off with his right foot. 

• Like 1

Advert:

Thought Wilson, at times in the second half was really good. Just needs a goal to further boost his confidence. His fitness is also improving. He worked really hard at times. Feel like we need to use the Rodders money to sign an experienced striker. To push us on.

Garrity in the second worked really hard and, for me, was between him and Wilson for 'Man of the Match. Wozza also played well second half.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Santa said:

If a team uses the concussion protocol to make a fourth sub, is there any chance someone could announce it over the PA system? Otherwise people (not me) get confused. 

That wouldn’t help if you sit in the Bycars.

• Haha 4

Advert:

1 hour ago, pete vale said:

A decent side would have murdered us today. Too pedestrian, lacked any serious threat. First half slow and stale, improved and dominated second half and deserved the 1-0. Wilson never looks fit to me, Amoo does not do enough and needs licence on the right to run at people - which won't happen if Worrall is in and nor should it. Worried with the x3 at the back as I think a decent side will be in and around them. Keeper looks OK. We need to improve for sure.

Other than that, are we OK? 

Obviously the windy conditions didn’t help but that first half was desperate, second half was much better,Wilson motm, I actually thought the new keeper was pretty good, the new number 30 looks very useful.

Typically honest interview with DC after the game - and a nice one from Tomas Holy, who seems genuinely pleased to be here, and have the prospect of playing games. Also, a nice "thank you" from Lewis Cass who seems to have enjoyed his time with the Vale. A freak injury in training ended his loan, with the ball bobbling off a divot as he was about to play it. Hopefully we'll see him again?

• Like 2

Advert:

So how did the new players look.

Wheres the ratings .

Did Smith put the ball in  the net with his hand and why ?

Good win that Scunthorpe did double over us last season we have done double over them this season .

Just what was required after unlucky defeat v Salford in prior home defeat .

Glad we had some luck .

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1