Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determ

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times bet

Hurst is not the problem and massively unfair to single him out

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Hurst hasn’t played 10 senior games yet and he’s already been written off. Crazy. 

i actually quite like hurst hes got a bright future. but expecting him to just turn up week in and week out against experienced defenders and put a performance in isnt going to happen. hes a young lad who needs time. time we dont have right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

Think I’m the only Vale fan that thinks Taylor is massively overrated and we’ve only signed him because his agent Sproson said so. 

I think you are. Taylor is the best player in a white shirt at the moment, although that's not saying much as the rest appear to be shockingly poor.

We can't string two passes together, but that's because no one is showing for the ball when we do have it. All the full backs do is hoof it up front and Rodney hasn't won a single header this half. 

I think we're in between two systems. We're playing with wingers and utilising long balls, but those things need a Pope (in his element) or another target man up front to win and hold the ball up - we haven't got that. We either need to cut the long balls and high crosses out and go to feet, or we need to bring Guthrie on for Rodney and see if he has more joy.

Just now, EricHamesis said:

Poor as the game is, Forest Green have been little or no better than us.

Stupid free kick against a team with a forward the size of Blackpool tower is the only difference so far.

They don't really need to be. They probably know as much as we do that if they get their noses in front, in which they obviously have done, then that's likely to be that.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Pugh out.

If we steal a point out of this there'll be some here demanding he's offered a 5 year contract by this evening.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Incredibly these are top as it stands and I know I've only seen them for a game and a half but they are nothing exciting.

Neither are average dross like Newport , yet they both bang in the mixer . Frustrating. 

• Like 1

Scrappy game, terrible position in which to give  a free kick away which led to their goal.

No one to link play or hold the ball up for Vale up top, absolutely crystal clear what Tom Pope brings to this team.

Guthrie on and push Rodney wider.

Advert:

Advert:

Well that's easy to sum up. Bloody awful. Special mention to mills (woeful long balls forward every time that never work), Joyce (getting worse every game), and amoo (sitting way too deep). So long as we look to Joyce as our playmaker, we will achieve nothing. Sick to death of our offensive plan. It's been like this for going on 4 years now and nobody at the club seems to realise