11 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

This is a positive step for the club, mind you I said that about Askey n Rudge. To many people on this site with their own agendas. There is no guarantees that this will work, many people have knocked the club over the last fortnight, me included.

Time to shut up now and support Carol, Flitters and the club. UTV

I agree . 

• Like 6

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

I suppose everyone is back in play regarding the manager now, as Flitcroft will be all over that may even draw up a new shortlist / be involved in interviewing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mbycars said:

If you listened to Flitcrofts interview everything is explained. If you don't understand well thats an issue only you can address.

Everything is explained by the person that has just been given a job. He's not going to say anything else, is he? He might do great in the role, and I hope he does. But when we're crying out for a manager it all seems a bit daft. This guy is a manager, and has never been a director anytime in his life from what I can gather.

Edited by TylerB

Well hes not the manager so wont have the say on team selection and tactics ect. Instead we keep Pugh and Sinclair. 
He is the Head of football at Vale, he can do what he wants. The players know their jobs are in his hands, the first team manager will have a say but not the final say.

Advert:

Just now, TylerB said:

Everything is explained by the person that has just been given a job. He's not going to say anything else, is he? He might go great in the role, I hope he does. But when we're crying out for a manager it all seems a bit daft. This guy is a manager, and has never been a director anytime in his life from what I can gather.

We are getting a new manager/head coach as well. What don’t you understand? Read the article on the site and watch the video of his interview. It’s very clear. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

We do have utter morons supporting out club.

Well on board Dave, the antiquated prats who've nearly run Frank Sinclair out of the club are all ready out for you.

Dont think anyone is after Flitcroft. I wanted him as manager and he spoke well in the conference. For me it just dosent make sense bringing him in as DOF. We should have hired him as the manager not DOF, with probably Pugh staying on as head coach

Who knows which way it will go ?

Could be a master stroke or could be a disaster - same with appointing a manager

No one on this forum knows yet, just got to support it and go with the flow until it all pans out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, davehartshill said:

We are getting a new manager/head coach as well. What don’t you understand? Read the article on the site and watch the video of his interview. It’s very clear. 

We already have him as far as I'm concerned. If we had gone for a manager weeks ago when we should have then the season would have still meant something potentially. Now we're a football team simply going through the motions until the next campaign in the hope that Pugh will do just about enough to be given the position without a protest taking place. Brilliant.

Advert:

To be fair, listening to Flitcroft’s interview he does speak well and I can kind of understand the appointment. It’s the continuation of Pugh which I just don’t get. I’ll be a lot more excited if Flitcroft shakes the football side up a bit and appoints a new manager from outside of the club. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

This... 100% this.

In the know, Inner Circle, circle within a circle, I know something you don't know, If its not done the way they would do it they start dripping poison in peoples ears to undermine things. Some really awful behaviours on here for a group of people to support a club.

Welcome David. We have been crying out for someone to be in charge of football matters at this club from root to branch. Now we have one.

This club needs structure and foundations... Carol is in for the long term and wants success for us LONG TERM.

Like it or not, Carols intentions are to make this club a better place and she has invested to do that.

As always, The club will have my backing.

KTF

UTV

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

This club needs structure and foundations... Carol is in for the long term and wants success for us LONG TERM.

She also wanted and expected a successful season but that went <ovf censored> up.

7 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Whose the manager? Pugh?

The article says, "He will immediately begin supporting Interim Manager Danny Pugh with First Team affairs while taking responsibility for the appointment of the new Manager."

So, it's a new DOF with a new manager to come...unless, of course, he appoints Pugh and keeps Sinclair as first team coach.

They need to let Flitcroft bring in his own choice but whether that will happen is anybody's guess.

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Thanks 1

I suppose puzzled by the DOF role only on the basis that rumour had it that he wanted too much money to come. To then come and us then be appointing a new manager as well has left me scratching my head. Appreciate it was only rumour , but seemed credible . Happy for him to have the position of DOF as long as that really means he is our new manager with Pugh as assistant.

• Like 1

Advert: