onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

47 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I really don’t know where this panic has come from. Both Carol and Colin are saying they are working through applicants and a new manager will be appointed before the end of February. The new manager will then have over 2 months to assess the squad and plan the summer rebuild.

If we still don’t have a new manager in 3 weeks time, then I agree, it’s time to be concerned. Until then, KTF. 

It's come from the modern age of people wanting stuff immediately and never been told 'no'. Youth of today I'm afraid.

Advert

2 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Christ alive.  Lets get behind Pugh for now, despite what some of the negative nancies and bed wetters say on here, this season is still very much alive.

You're right. We need to fight for survival.

10 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Well sky bet have Flitcroft as 1/1, he was as short as 1/8 at one stage, McGreal 6/4 and Pugh at 4/1. They say that they’ll pay out if a caretaker manager completes ten games. For me this suggests we’re still negotiating with Flitcroft, I could be wrong.

Why wouldn’t they still be negotiating with Flitcroft, he was their first choice, guess there may still be a deal to be done

Maybe Derek Adams wants to stay at Morecambe until the end of the season, or maybe another manager would be willing to look for a new club in the summer.

I don't see why we need to appoint a manager now just so he can look at the lads in training. A pre-season should be enough for a new manager to rebuild and get the team playing his way.

3 hours ago, Moz said:

When it comes to getting a consensus on anything to do with the Vale, the biggest problem is that you're never polling the right 4,000 people. My point is that a good portion of the actual cash-paying Valiants who go to Colchester away or a cold Tuesday night home game, don't engage with online stupidity and just get on with supporting the club. 

If you'd been on Twitter just before the results of the last election, you'd be convinced of a Labour majority, only to realise later that the whole world doesn't live online.

One of the biggest mistakes the club has made from a comms perspective is caring too much about comments, likes and shares. Ultimately, that's why Askey (wrongly in my view), lost his job.

Askey lost his job because of the results and transfer windows. It’s as simple as that. Not because people on forums and Facebook / Twitter wanted him gone. He was rightly sacked (too late) due to results, performances and signings. 

4 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Maybe Derek Adams wants to stay at Morecambe until the end of the season, or maybe another manager would be willing to look for a new club in the summer.

I don't see why we need to appoint a manager now just so he can look at the lads in training. A pre-season should be enough for a new manager to rebuild and get the team playing his way.

Rudge and Pugh can appraise the players we have and recommend as necessary for a a new manager to decide.  Quite a few clubs change managers at the end of a season, so more choice?

5 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Despite what Pugh said about not being ready for the job and what carol said I’m afraid a few decent results in the next couple of weeks and I reckon Pugh will get the job I hope I’m wrong 

Why use the words I'm afraid and hope you are wrong?? If wiining the next 3 games gives Pugh the job would you sooner us lose to get someone different?? As i have said before he wasn't near my first choice but i wont be distraught if he gets it,some of the names we have heard i would certainly sooner him than them,he might turn out excellent,he might turn out the worst in history but so could ANYONE else.

Anyway lets hope for a win tomorrow and lets try to climb the table

On the point that the season isn’t over... 

1. I agree we could still go down. 

2. Haven’t Carol and even Sinclair said they are preparing for next season? 

if anyone thinks we will be anywhere remotely close to the play offs they need to think again. We have beaten two, let’s be honest, non league sides. Let’s see how we fare tomorrow and and against some half decent outfits. 

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Why wouldn’t they still be negotiating with Flitcroft, he was their first choice, guess there may still be a deal to be done

Look at Flitcrofts management history he is very active when it comes to buying and selling players. He likes to throw other ppls money about and that doesn’t always achieve success. The blokes nothing but a mercenary and I don’t want us to end up like Bury or Mansfield. He likes a champagne budget, which it turned out Bury didn’t have and I’m not so sure that Mansfield have anymore either. I don’t want our club to end up like those others and before you go on about his success, remember those clubs also sacked him. Carols in charge of the purse strings and there’s an Egyptian proverb that says, ‘if you think throwing money at a problem will sort it, then you haven’t thought about solving the problem’. To be our manager would mean that he’d have to have a good relationship with ppl at the club and as the club has stated that we’d know the manager by now this leads me to believe that things aren’t straight forward. For me he’s had his chance and if we aren’t good enough for him perhaps because we won’t give in to his demands then fine, I wish him all the best but let’s move on. 

Archived