2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I couldn't care less about him.  I realise that this makes your crusade against Askey look more than a little immature and purile but that's your problem.  All the signs have been obvious for anybody not blinded by hatred of a man who saved the club from non league football.

What a strange post. Crusade against askey? Again he didn’t save us, but I’m not going into this with you again. I wanted a change of manager as did the majority on here after 6 losses, delighted with the win yesterday and hopefully we can build on that! 

Very odd you are. 

Explain these signs then as your clearly the only one that can see them!

Edited by valiant_593

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I’d start this thread so it doesn’t get lost in the match threads. Some of our fan base this season has been an embarrassment, calling for Askey to be sacked. We need to take a step back,

Bollox. If you mean 80/90% of posts, you may be close to the mark, but the vast majority of those posts were made by the same half dozen who pop up vociferously whenever we lose. You've fallen into th

I think that the counter attacking way in which we play is probably more to do with the last few seasons performance rather than the way the manager wants to play. We are not in a mid table existence.

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What a strange post. Crusade against askey? Again he didn’t save us, but I’m not going into this with you again. I wanted a change of manager as did the majority on here after 6 losses, delighted with the win yesterday and hopefully we can build on that! 

Very odd you are. 

Explain these signs then as your clearly the only one that can see them!

Nofinikea being a bit weird mate?

I lobbed him on ignore. Was following me around the forum for months with some weird obsession. Reassured to know it's not just me.

5 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

No they didn't that is a complete lie.

Don't know about <Edit>as its a place where the dull and inbreds hang out.  

Last post from me as adding you to the ignore list. 

Yes the did. Just read the threads. Yeah you wouldn’t care about that would you as literally the thousands of fans on there wanted a change. 

Edited by Fosse69
Offensive

Advert:

5 hours ago, toyahw said:

McKirdy and Robinson were signed behind Askey's back.  By whom I do not know, maybe the Shanahan lad, but Askey doesn't rate either. Which is why they are both out on the naughty step and not even getting in the squad.

Askey signs who he wants to,trust me there will be no interference from the shanahans on that score,Robinson wasn't first choice thats for sure and Mckirdy was just given a chance by Askey,what i will say is it wouldn't surprise me to see McKirdy leave in January

21 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Literally 80/90% of this forum and the Facebook pages wanted a change of manager....

Really?? how did you work that out just out of interest?

I was chatting with a group of vale fans obviously on social media,out of this group before yesterday 5 wanted a change 7 didn't... now thats just in a small group i will give you that but if you look at it as an average then it wouldn't be 80-90%

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Last post from me as adding you to the ignore list. 

Yes the did. Just read the threads. Yeah you wouldn’t care about that would you as literally the thousands of fans on there wanted a change. 

If you are talking FB nowhere near thousands of fans wanted change,imo thats a daft thing to say,i am sad and go on there a lot 

35 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

So what was the problem when Askey took over a team hurtling towards relegation?  He binned a few players out for causing problems and we stabilised...  that kind of defeats your point.  

No not really because the issues facing Askey when he joined were multiple players (all gone now) who were taking the p*ss massively and as a team they were used to a weak regime under Aspin where he never stamped it out, he never took training in the week and the training methods, preparation and the focus were terrible too.

So those players issues and behind the scenes problems were allowed to fester and all those factors combined and contributed to the dressing room disintegrating under him and he lost them totally. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

Just so it's clear; was never on the cards that Askey would be sacked: https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-dont-want-give-job-4771202

As I've said I have my views on his limitations and where we'll be in a couple of years, but trust Carol to the extent where if she's intent on keeping him, I'll keep my mouth shut. 

Carol is always going to put continuity and stability at the forefront of her decision-making, so I think we're unlikely to see anything major until the Summer. Of course, Askey now has no excuses; he's been backed extensively, and needs to deliver. Let us hope this nightmare November doesn't turn out to cost us. We can't afford to slip up many more times now; we need to be consistently decent from here on out. 

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
4 hours ago, valiant_593 said:
Literally 80/90% of this forum and the Facebook pages wanted a change of manager....

Bollox. If you mean 80/90% of posts, you may be close to the mark, but the vast majority of those posts were made by the same half dozen who pop up vociferously whenever we lose. You've fallen into the trap of thinking that the majority of vale fans use this forum. They don't, by any stretch. The vast majority either don't use this forum and Facebook, or don't post. As with twitter 'storms', the silent majority is rarely represented.

Agree.

Anyone who know Carol Shanahan also knows she would only sack someone with extreme reluctance and it was unlikely to happen quickly. Rudge enjoyed some truely awful runs of results. Really if Joyce had stayed on his feat against Tranmere this run wouldn't have happened. Its the way it happens in football where one incident leads to another. Poor results lead to becoming over anxious in the next game and suddenly it becomes a massive job to turn it around. Hopefully we are now going to start a decent run. We are still only 3 points off the playoffs!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

No they didn't that is a complete lie.

Don't know about <Edit> as its a place where the dull and inbreds hang out.  

Dull and inbred, you fit the bill perfectly, using the derogatory term you have done to describe facebook is an insult to anyone who has contact with Downs syndrome ,You should apologise and remove the remark.

Edited by Fosse69
Offensive
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, philmpv said:
5 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Bollox. If you mean 80/90% of posts, you may be close to the mark, but the vast majority of those posts were made by the same half dozen who pop up vociferously whenever we lose. You've fallen into the trap of thinking that the majority of vale fans use this forum. They don't, by any stretch. The vast majority either don't use this forum and Facebook, or don't post. As with twitter 'storms', the silent majority is rarely represented.

Yes I meant of posts as I clearly can’t read what isn’t there ..... never mentioned vast majority who don’t use social media as I have no idea how they feel. 

My post was in response to an idiot who seems to think only 3 people thought askey should be sacked after 6 losses. 80/90% probably over the top but I know for certain most of the vale fans I know thought his time was up 

17 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Yes I meant of posts as I clearly can’t read what isn’t there ..... never mentioned vast majority who don’t use social media as I have no idea how they feel. 

My post was in response to an idiot who seems to think only 3 people thought askey should be sacked after 6 losses. 80/90% probably over the top but I know for certain most of the vale fans I know thought his time was up 

Most of the ones I know didn’t want him sacked. 

• Like 2

Advert:

39 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Most of the ones I know didn’t want him sacked. 

Fair enough again never said they didn’t. (I literally don’t know a fan personally who felt he needed more time) It is frustrating this forum. One win and everyone who questioned askey seems to be getting hounded out as being wrong. We need to keep that level of performance up and defend much better 

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Fair enough again never said they didn’t. (I literally don’t know a fan personally who felt he needed more time)

Is that because we haven't been introduced?!

To be honest, mate, I don't know anybody who was happy with five defeats in a row - who would be.  But I was far from convinced that sacking another manager was the way forward, especially as we weren't getting hammered.

Since Sunderland got rid of Steve Bruce in 2011 they have had 10 managers and 5 caretaker managers.  During that time they have gone down two divisions and are currently in the worst spell in their history.  I just don't think that constant chopping and changing is the way forward - stability is far better.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Is that because we haven't been introduced?!

To be honest, mate, I don't know anybody who was happy with five defeats in a row - who would be.  But I was far from convinced that sacking another manager was the way forward, especially as we weren't getting hammered.

Since Sunderland got rid of Steve Bruce in 2011 they have had 10 managers and 5 caretaker managers.  During that time they have gone down two divisions and are currently in the worst spell in their history.  I just don't think that constant chopping and changing is the way forward - stability is far better.

Stability is better someone better get to grips with our defence and sought it out quick.