Match Thread: FAC R1 Port Vale v King`s Lynn Town

59 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Santa said:
  • Separate Ifollow account
  • UK credit card
  • VPN
Won't that work?

I've little doubt it would but nobody who simply wants to watch (and, indeed, pay) for a game should really have to go through all that palaver just because they live abroad

Fair enough. It's no wonder people end up watching these things on the íptv sticks and that.

• Like 1

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have to take your medicine on days like today if you want to enjoy giant killings like Everton and Spurs. Part and parcel of the game. That's why the FA Cup is the greatest etc etc etc.

I assume you are posting this as a wind up ?

I have not yet conceded that we lost today pending a number of legal appeals. 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Have they or anyone explained the reasoning? Is it conditions out of their control like the FA , BT, BBC etc

There are different international broadcast agreements for the FA cup which predate iFollow. They can't show games live because it falls under FA agreements of international exclusivity rather than EFL international agreements for live games. But it is annoying if you live abroad!

11 hours ago, toyahw said:

Didn't. Not covered. Same as League Cup games. Except the Citeh game which was on Dutch TV. But that was in the days when you could not get ifollow in the UK either. Seems a bit mean. Please remember us expats are mainly people working abroad. Not on some kind of jolly.

Not sure as expats we get too much sympathy from the man in the street ... certainly in my case I get paid a lot more and pay a lot less tax than I would in the UK 🤔

17 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Sorted in the thread title.  These Southern teams tend to be a bit posh.

Crikey, Fosse - you'd better be careful saying that around any KL supporters you meet. They are definitely in the East of England and not that far south. Even in Cambridge, as I've found to my cost, they do not like to be called southerners even though they're only 60 miles or so from London. They def see themselves as in the East - Civil War and all that where the Roundheads had their HQ. All a matter of perception I suppose!

48 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Crikey, Fosse - you'd better be careful saying that around any KL supporters you meet. They are definitely in the East of England and not that far south. Even in Cambridge, as I've found to my cost, they do not like to be called southerners even though they're only 60 miles or so from London. They def see themselves as in the East - Civil War and all that where the Roundheads had their HQ. All a matter of perception I suppose. 

Thanks for that, try to remember in future.  Of course they are Nor folk not Suf folk.  To me South begins at Milton Keynes although the Vale played in the 3rd South once upon a time.

• Like 1

Advert:

Hoping for a professional performance from our strongest eleven for this one. Don’t see any reason to change a winning team, so I’d go with the following.

Brown

Clarke  Smith Legge Crookes

Burgess  Joyce  Conlon

Amoo  Pope  Worrall

We can use Tuesday’s game to give the fringe players a run out, and keep the lads fresh for a big game against Tranmere.

Hopefully we can get an early goal in this one and get through unscathed. Keep going lads. UTV. 

• Like 1

On 03/11/2020 at 14:28, CambridgeDon said:

Crikey, Fosse - you'd better be careful saying that around any KL supporters you meet. They are definitely in the East of England and not that far south. Even in Cambridge, as I've found to my cost, they do not like to be called southerners even though they're only 60 miles or so from London. They def see themselves as in the East - Civil War and all that where the Roundheads had their HQ. All a matter of perception I suppose!

More than that, King’s Lynn is not posh. It is a pretty rough place and further North than Leicester! 

5 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Hoping for a professional performance from our strongest eleven for this one. Don’t see any reason to change a winning team, so I’d go with the following.

Brown

Clarke  Smith Legge Crookes

Burgess  Joyce  Conlon

Amoo  Pope  Worrall

We can use Tuesday’s game to give the fringe players a run out, and keep the lads fresh for a big game against Tranmere.

Hopefully we can get an early goal in this one and get through unscathed. Keep going lads. UTV. 

Exactly we need a focused professional performance ! Don’t think we can just turn up and win! Because it wont happen ! We need to be up for it and at 100% all eleven ! Come on you whites we could be playing Man city again ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

Just brought the game on ifollow Port Vale a short while ago. 

Let's hope it has no problems tomorrow coming on .

Biggest game of the season for me these are the games which can help Vale to earn the kind of money which can secure the clubs wellbeing .

Last year getting to the third round and watching Vale at the Etihad was a brilliant memory well this year i want us aim for the semi finals minimum  like in  1954 who says we cannot I say we can .

Its oñ the day first things first a very hard game v  Kings Lynn .

Let's start the game like we want it team well that's not for me decide but I'd go full strength with maybe Cullen alongside Pope .

I'd go with that, but whatever, we must play Pope.

Edited by jimbo57
  • Like 1

Advert:

Sounded like Sam Kelly still has a soft spot for the Vale.  He came over really well in his interview on RS earlier.  He also mentioned that he kept his property in Newcastle and comes up from time to time.

Good luck to the lad, after 5 tomorrow.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

More than that, King’s Lynn is not posh. It is a pretty rough place and further North than Leicester! 

Yes, by latitude KL is only just south of Stoke and you're right about Norfolk folk - you don't mess with them!

Advert: