Match Thread: FAC R1 Port Vale v King`s Lynn Town

The FA Cup is not what it was, more so this season with no replays and games forfeit with Covid 19 also. But still worth the effort although the prize money is split £16,972/5657. Chance of a run and TV money is there.

No doubt the Linnets will fancy their chances as giant killers boosted by a 3-2 league win breaking their poor run.  Mainly due to two goals from 60 min substitute and former 2016 Vale trialist Jamar Loza. Sam Kelly ex-Vale with 50+ games, his most for any club, did not play, but could appear at Vale Park again. 

Not to be taken lightly even though we are on a good run, but  we will expect to be in the 2nd Round.  2-0 will be sufficient.

• Like 1

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have to take your medicine on days like today if you want to enjoy giant killings like Everton and Spurs. Part and parcel of the game. That's why the FA Cup is the greatest etc etc etc.

I assume you are posting this as a wind up ?

I have not yet conceded that we lost today pending a number of legal appeals. 

Posted Images

Did I read that this is on You Tube? 
You did, but it's not confirmed for certain. Given that ifollow cant/won't show fa cup games, I don't see how else fans can watch, other than the club providing a stream?

Advert:

Advert:

Just now, Fosse69 said:

Kings Lynn Town are an elite club, they are in Tier 5

8 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Possibly because of this article on the bbc which I can't find now but have this screenshot of it.Screenshot_20201031-220258_BBC%20News.jpeg

The FA cup is an ‘elite’ competition, so don’t expect any cancellations/byes
If a club can't field a team due to Covid 19 they would forfeit the game and their opponents would go through to the next round.
  • Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
11 hours ago, fraggle said:
The FA cup is an ‘elite’ competition, so don’t expect any cancellations/byes

If a club can't field a team due to Covid 19 they would forfeit the game and their opponents would go through to the next round.

This was the rule (Kings Lynn got a pass to play us when should of faced Notts County in Q4) but I believe this rule has been scrapped from the 1st round thus it would be postponed if say cases rose at Vale.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

This was the rule (Kings Lynn got a pass to play us when should of faced Notts County in Q4) but I believe this rule has been scrapped from the 1st round thus it would be postponed if say cases rose at Vale.

Different rules for the Competition Proper,  the Professional Game Board decide what to do over postponements (Rule 11h).  

• Fosse69 changed the title to Match Thread: FAC R1 Port Vale v King`s Lynn Town