Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great result today. The back five produced an absolute masterclass to restrict the most expensive attack in the league to very few clear-cut chances. Good to see Joyce and Conlon back, even though Tom

I Do agree with Rob . Phil Bowers is. a true vale fan . And I do think. He says what he see’s . I do enjoy Listening to Phil . On Radio sJoke . 

I don't see it that way at all. I think it's the right and honest thing to say they thought it was a bad challenge and to say what they thought they saw.  I then thought it was the right and hone

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I'm not sure tbh! Didn't mean to single him out as I think he's gonna be key for us this season!

You're as disappointed as me, but if he's not match fit or has been injured, we can't expect him to do the business? He's not alone, either - desperately need Amoo back in...and if we persist in playing Rodney through the middle, we have to play passes for him to run on to!

Unconvincing really but you'll take 3 points to end the slide no matter how it comes. We have the best defence and keeper in the league but we need so much more from the midfield and also need to find which forward suits us best in this 4-3-3. I can't help but think that Pope is still our best bet to at least start games. Amoo (when fit) and Worrall out wide with Monty an attacking left-back to give us a little more threat.

• Like 1

Phew. Massive 3 points thought we were very lucky but I’ll tske them. Still big issues with the team, we look woeful in front of goal and some of the team selections are baffling. Please askey don’t start whitehead again. Awful last week and this week. Good win but we still need to be way more creative and far better in front of goal. Another clean sheet though, defence looking strong. 

Can’t wait to have amoo back with his pace, for me I prefer Rodney outwide or as an impact sub. Fitzpatrick has his best game for vale but I still think Monty is better placed there. 

Good win. Tough next game. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2

Never a dull Moment being a Vale fan. Those last few minutes have aged me. 

Don't care how we do it all about the three points. The lack of creativity and strikers not scoring is a worry but we go again Tuesday. 

Clark was fantastic today and you can tell already he's much better then league 2 

Scott Brown deserves a new contract , statue , keys to the city and free oatcakes for life. I love that man

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Never a dull Moment being a Vale fan. Those last few minutes have aged me. 

Don't care how we do it all about the three points. The lack of creativity and strikers not scoring is a worry but we go again Tuesday. 

Clark was fantastic today and you can tell already he's much better then league 2 

Scott Brown deserves a new contract , statue , keys to the city and free oatcakes for life. I love that man

Best keeper in the league by a country mile. Him and Clark far too good for this league 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikey said:

Happy with the 3 pts but things still dont look right. Our opponents on tuesday won 5-0 away so it could be a challenging game.

Best attack in the league currently (going by goals for) against the best defence. Considering I thought Luke Hannant was bang average (but likeable) for us and he starts for them every week, and they have the former Macclesfield striker Ironside up top who I never thought was up to much, they must have some cracking players elsewhere!

Think this is the life of a Vale fan - never easy.  Looks like the opposition will sneak a win and then out of no where we score and rob 3 points.  

JA and Co will say they knew the side would win and the fans are wrong.

Yes the players kept going and that is good, but we still look like a side lacking striker confidence.

Bring on Cambridge.  

7 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Best attack in the league currently (going by goals for) against the best defence. Considering I thought Luke Hannant was bang average (but likeable) for us and he starts for them every week, and they have the former Macclesfield striker Ironside up top who I never thought was up to much, they must have some cracking players elsewhere!

Luke Hannant was a likable lad thats for sure. I think when he came to Vale and got all the attention that comes with it that didnt suit him, or should I say suited him too much.😉

Great result, back to basics at 433 which is, like it or not, our formation.

we were a little toothless upfront but, last 8 mins aside, they certainly were not bombarding us showing how well the defence played!

Big shout out to Fitzpatrick who is the lazy mans boo boy but showed why he is here today. Kept one of the highest paid players in the league quiet.

Tuesday will be a good game, we play better against team to attack us which you will assume Cambridge will.

• Like 5