onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R2 Fleetwood Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Difficult game Fleetwood, League 1 top 6 last season, 3 wins already, but we are  also on a long run. The sort of game we need to take in our stride to show our potential. We have plenty of choices for changes in a demanding period. It will be a first defeat for one team, let it be Fleetwood, and onto the 3rd round for the Vale, will Everton await?

Advert

I'm sure Fleetwood will rotate and play a second team almost. Such is our strength in depth now hopefully our reserves will be just as strong if not stronger than theres!

Not sure what the starting 11 will be but would expect the likes of Visser, Crooks, Brisley, Whitehead, Oyeleke, Montano and Robinson to start.

11 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

With potentially a big tie to follow this then we should go as strong as we possibly can. 

Exactly my thinking. A possible home tie v Everton in the next round (even without fans) is surely attractive enough to go all-out to try and get through.

Reckon there would be a strong possibility of Vale (or Fleetwood) v Everton being chosen by Sky for live coverage (although I've not seen what other possible 3rd round ties there could be).

I'd rather not knacker our best players out ahead of a very difficult away tie against Exeter. You'd have to have a screw loose not to view this Tuesday's game as a run out for players needing a game or those waiting for there chance in the first 11 at the moment.

It's less of an incentive without the prospect of some money from a big crowd in the next round.

Maybe tele money so worth taking seriously.
We weren't chosen for live coverage when we drew man city in the 3rd Round of the FA cup so I seriously doubt a third round carabao cup tie against an average PL team would be chosen

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
53 minutes ago, Walter said:
It's less of an incentive without the prospect of some money from a big crowd in the next round.

Maybe tele money so worth taking seriously.

We weren't chosen for live coverage when we drew man city in the 3rd Round of the FA cup so I seriously doubt a third round carabao cup tie against an average PL team would be chosen

Why would Man City at home to a League 2 team be chosen as a live TV game? (if it had been at Vale Park it probably would have)

Early round cup games on TV are usually lower league teams at home to Premier League (i.e. Vale or Fleetwood v Everton), or all-Premier League ties.

However, looking at the 3rd Round draw, Liverpool, Man Utd & Tottenham are all away at lower league clubs, and there is also Leicester v Arsenal, so they will probably choose from those. 

For me, League is the priority.

Rotate the squad as above or similar. 

Those players need to get match fit and start to get match sharp. That will also help with competition in the squad.

Know doubt as well that there will be substitutes brought on as well.

And finally, let’s face it, that team I stated above is pretty strong. They may not be match fit (hence why they should start this game) but it’s pretty good.

Archived