Stoke Relegation Thread

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently just announced the the crowd over the tannoy 25,308 🤣🤣🤣

Interestingly I was sat next to the Stoke official who works out their home attendances, he hadn't gone to QPR so called in to watch us today. I asked him what he thought the crowd was this afternoon?

They are the most fragile supporters in club football. The weakest chinned, the most fickle, the most bluntly demanding. They don’t care about us at all and the multiple anti Vale threads that ru

Posted Images

Jones’ lap of honour and air-punching after the Fulham win last week seems perhaps a bit premature now.

I enjoyed his post match interview on Saturday where he said something along the lines of ‘we should be top six, but things keep happening during games’.

20 minutes ago, Santa said:

Jones’ lap of honour and air-punching after the Fulham win last week seems perhaps a bit premature now.

I enjoyed his post match interview on Saturday where he said something along the lines of ‘we should be top six, but things keep happening during games’.

I did enjoy the mention of their 'false position'.

I mean, he's right, but we'll have to wait until May for confirmation of their true position back in League 1.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Santa said:

To be fair Santa, things do “keep happening” during games.

They keep conceding goals. 

Be very boring if nothing happened during games. Cunning plan by Agent Jones to win 2 games and give the fans hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Think they are starting to realise the light at the end of the tunnel is actually an oncoming train.

To be fair Santa, things do “keep happening” during games.
They keep conceding goals. 

Another hero of the Stoke City banter era. We need a musuem/memorial building.

He shall be enshrined next to Gary Rowett, Paul Lambert, late-post Mark Hughes, Saido Berahino, Gianelli Imbulla, Patrick van Aanholt, Cartwright and Scholes, Kevin Wimmer, Marko Arnautovic's ambition, Bojan's decrepit knees, 10,000-12,000 empty seats at the Brit, and Jack Butland.

A genuine pleasure Nathan. Diamonds are forever. God bless.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3

Just need Coatesy boy to appoint Jose Gomes and we can wrap things up lads.

Hughton would be a deviation from what appears to be their policy of slow, gradual destruction. Gomes or Pardew would keep things right on track.

I don't know about you, but all my Stoke mates are simply not bothered anymore. Most genuinely choose not to go to home games. Its absolutely fantastic. They can't even be bothered to kick off at the manager or owners. Just sit there, muttering 'come on Stoke, come on Stoke' and trying not to cry as they remember the halcyon days of the Rowett era, pretending that they still believe hounding Pulis out of the club was the right decision. Incredible that only a few years back mid-table Premier league was simply not good enough if the football wasn't pleasant, the fanbase' arrogance got to such obscene levels. Now, they're crying into their bovrils as a Jose Gomes-led Potters ship 5 at home to Barnsley.

I'd be disappointed if I saw some fight in the fanbase, a desire to change things for the good. Its been that bad for so long now, that fans have had any battle sucked out of them. With rumours circulating they're in deep FFP trouble at the end of next season (to the tune to they either need to get promoted or sell £30m worth of players and drastically cut the wage bill), its a fantastic time to be a supporter of the continued downfall of Stoke City, 2015-present.

Edited by Joe B

I’m convinced that the only reason Gomes has been linked with Stoke is to make their fans feel a bit better about things when Pulis is eventually announced.

I know it doesn’t take much money to move these type of betting markets but Michael O’Neill and Neil Harris both have quite short odds.

O'Neill would be another gamble. Chris Coleman showed what transitioning from overachieving in a defensive system with a Home Nation to a struggling Championship club can do.

Even Millwall fans lost their patience with Harris by the end, and he's one of the most important figures in the club's history.

Its good because Stoke fans have talked up Hughton as messiah and saviour, and if its not him then anyone else feels like a let down. Pulis, Gomes, Harris, O'Neill; all will feel disappointing. I still maintain Pulis is the best option for them but I'll enjoy the falling out his appointment would cause.

Edited by Joe B