robf

Match thread: Port Vale v Bury

16 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Maybe a Bury player to watch, Callum Hulme midfielder who Leicester are hoping to sign for their U23s

Makes my blood boil.

Decent players who need to be playing men's football get snapped up, paid a fortune and are prepared for the scrapheap in many cases.

Criminal waste of talent.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Maybe a Bury player to watch, Callum Hulme midfielder who Leicester are hoping to sign for their U23s

Anthony Kay could be another one to look out for too 🙂

Bury got until midday on Monday to provide financial information to the EFL or their first game of the season is off.

23 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

does anyone know if it's just the lorne st open, and whether there have been cash turnstiles for the previous home friendlies?

thanks in advance.

Weather has beaten me. Screw it 

I think today’s starting 11 isn’t far off what will start next week at Colchester. I’d expect Pope and Gibbons to start over Evans and  Bennet though.

I hope the fans give Kay a decent reception if he plays. 

Past his best but always gave us 100% and scored as few vital goals in helping us avoid the drop two years in a row. 

I'd be worried if it was, we've been absolute garbage and then some.

I think today’s starting 11 isn’t far off what will start next week at Colchester. I’d expect Pope and Gibbons to start over Evans and  Bennet though.

I'd be worried if it was, we've been absolute garbage and then some.

To be fair we got smashed by Shrewsbury in our last pre season game last year the won the opener a week later 3-0!

Off topic but Shawcross has suffered a very very nasty ankle injury in the Stoke friendly. Leicester's YouTube channel is streaming the game and they've shown a slow motion replay of the incident. I've seen a screen grab (I won't post it, if you're interested you can find it easily enough) and his foot is hanging off.

Edited by Santa
  • Like 2

Identify the mistakes, avoid injuries, change a few in the 2nd half? As said previously are they knackered?

• Like 1

Looking at the bench, cant see a decent midfielder there, could be a worry. Expect Gibbo to replace Evans , and maybe Popey and Cullen to come on . Bit of a disappointing first half against a so called makeshift side , but hey its next week that counts.

Edited by aspin for england

I hate to judge a player in a half.... but Evans hasn’t covered himself in glory there. Not got forward much, sluggish in tracking back, caught out positionally for the first goal when Legge missed a header and then gave the ball away for the second. Crookes has looked a bit shaky on the other side too. Equally Bennett up front looks too light weight to lead the line. Weve got really pressed Bury at all, we need to up the tempo next week.

Not a good first half performance in the last pre-season friendly match that any of us would have hoped for!  Fingers crossed for an improvement 2nd half and especially next week!