onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Lloyd at left back? When has he been full of energy?

He can’t bloody tackle is Askey on mind bending drugs?

Why sign a player who will be lucky to play half a dozen games.I thought Smurthwaite was shopping in Poundland but Askey is shopping in charity shops.

Unbelievable Jeff.

At least Dodds won’t be coming back as he hasn’t played for Askey before. Mind you, there is the Shrewsbury connection. He could become our fifth signing, midfielder with plenty of league experience and scored goals, what more could we want.

Advert

At least Dodds won’t be coming back as he hasn’t played for Askey before. Mind you, there is the Shrewsbury connection. He could become our fifth signing, midfielder with plenty of league experience and scored goals, what more could we want.

Makes me laugh the happy clappers who said Dodds would score 10 goals.

Those happy clappers will now be saying Lloyd will score 10 goals when he hasn’t scored a league goal and support the Manager bull@hit.

I am sure league clubs are clamouring to sign a prolific goal scorer like Lloyd so why not wait to see who is available as players get desperate to get fixed up with a contract.

Askey says he is waiting until the end of the window for these players but is happy to give a contract to a player unable to get a place in a struggling Macc team.

This will be an easy signing for Askey about time he got off his @rse and signed some decent first team players.

How many more non league gambles do we need.

Quality not quantity.

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Those happy clappers will now be saying Lloyd will score 10 goals when he hasn’t scored a league goal and support the Manager bull@hit.

Dodds and Lloyd mentioned in the same post! Make this the last one eh EMR!

I am sure league clubs are clamouring to sign a prolific goal scorer like Lloyd so why not wait to see who is available as players get desperate to get fixed up with a contract.

Askey says he is waiting until the end of the window for these players but is happy to give a contract to a player unable to get a place in a struggling Macc team.

This will be an easy signing for Askey about time he got off his @rse and signed some decent first team players.

How many more non league gambles do we need.

Quality not quantity.

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

I don’t think anyone has, or will, suggest Lloyd will score 10 but feel free to point me in the direction of someone who has. 😂

Take a look on the BBC Sport Transfers webpage. You’ll see not many signings are being made just yet, most teams just signing the odd one or two. Certainly very few “big name” signings as most of these will be done later in the window. So it’s not down to Askey sitting on his thumb.

Why not spare us your clueless drivel 👍

I think Askey is signing players with the right attitude and good technically ability. They will be full of energy and that added together with good management.... sounds like a good recipe to me
And as I keep harping on the players need the support of all the fans regardless, confident player preform better and then hoppfully get results we all crave, what are the right players to bring in to score the goal to win games that's open to differing opinions, we need a group of player that work hard together to become a successful unit not a team of individuals. That's what Askey is

trying to achieve bringing in players he feels he can work with and blend them with players with the experience to push our dreams team onwards and upwards. There is no guarantees in football regardless of the anticipated expectation of any individual player what ever level they play at. He needs possibly the 3 years of his contract to achieve this slowly blending a group of players to proudly represent our club. We all need to stick together in this aim, be patient, small steps progress on and off the pitch, a new beginnings if we all keep believing and keep thinking positive, we as a club will see success.

Exactly, and Askey says this about Lloyd -

Isn't that what Montano already does? - or is Askey insinuating that Montano will be first choice and Lloyd will be his back-up?

Only, I was hoping that we'd bring someone in to improve the left-side and then use Montano as the back-up option, not bring in a player worse than him as his understudy!

Not sure why you think our second highest scorer for each of the last two seasons would suddenly be a 'back-up option'.

The problem seems to be that Askey is filling the team with average and poor players who are gambles from non league.No improvement from the players he has released.

Obviously he knows these players from his non league management days.I can understand some of the better players are playing the waiting game but their wages stop at the end of June.To improve the team we now need recognised first team players.We have now signed enough gambles from non league.If Smurthwaite was signing these players everyone would be complaining instead of saying give Askey a chance to form his own team.Even poor players like Lloyd will command a salary and take a place that could be taken by one of our better youth players.If we don’t bring in better players we will end up where we deserve to be in non league

Difference is that Askey is signing players that he has had personal experience with not unknowns from a dodgy agents catalogue....

Difference is that Askey is signing players that he has had personal experience with not unknowns from a dodgy agents catalogue....

Yes but his experience has been mainly in non league except at Shrewsbury where he was a flop.He has a lot to prove that he is capable of forming a team capable of playing in the league.Does bringing in players like Lloyd fill you with confidence because it seems like desperation to me.

He can’t blame the Fat Controller now he is able to make his own signings.

Quality not quantity.

I don’t think anyone has, or will, suggest Lloyd will score 10 but feel free to point me in the direction of someone who has. ������

Take a look on the BBC Sport Transfers webpage. You’ll see not many signings are being made just yet, most teams just signing the odd one or two. Certainly very few “big name” signings as most of these will be done later in the window. So it’s not down to Askey sitting on his thumb.

Why not spare us your clueless drivel ������

The happy clappers are coming out of the woodwork again.

So far we have been filling the team with too many gambles instead of decent players who can hold down a regular place in the first team.They are signings that can wait until we know who is available.

Didn’t Askey say we needed players who can score goals to back up Pope?

Quality not quantity.

Archived