onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

I know the signings aren’t getting everyone excited and I see the signings of burgess, Kennedy and potentially Lloyd as askey knows there ability instead of any unknown gamble, the non league football they have been playing is not far of league 2 standard and these maybe become good footballers! These players will not be on massive wages and this might free up more money for 2 more proven strikers! I trust askey and to be fair let’s give them a chance and surely we can’t do any worse than the last two seasons under smurf! Glass half full rather than half empty! UTV

Well said... unfortunately done won’t listen.

#ErnieWantsUsToBeBury

Advert

Not all players are signed to play 46 games a season. Manny had zero pedigree in league football prior to last year, but he made a huge difference to our results when he played.

I’ll judge the success of Askey’s signings after 10 games. This will give us a good indication of success.

He has a style of play that we wants to implement & he knows these lads can play in the way he wants. Rightly there are some questions being asked, but to proclaim at the beginning of June you won’t purchase a season ticket based on the signings so far, is short sighted at best.

Look at where we have been the last 2 years. Evolution not revolution is the aim with our mid table budget. This mess created since the ludicrous treatment of Page & that mid table L1 squad is going to take more than 1 transfer window to fix.

Where did I say I wasn’t going to buy a season ticket because of the signings?

I want to stay around to see what happens next.

I have had a season ticket for over 10 years so why should I end my suffering by not buying a season ticket.If I don’t attend I won’t be able to say I told you so at Christmas when Askey is sacked and another Manager bought in because everyone is on his back.

Aspin and Rudge was a dream team 12 months ago but soon deteriorated into a shambles and we struggled to stay in the league.

Quality not quantity.

Spend the budget wisely on decent first team players not losers like Macc rejects who are amazingly going to turn into world beaters.

What if we can’t afford decent first teamers (particularly forwards) unless we balance the budget with some squad players who are cheaper but not a gamble... either in knowing the way the manager wants to play or how they behave off the pitch.

#ErnieWantsUsToBeBury

who are amazingly going to turn into world beaters.

Show me ONE post where someone says Lloyd will be a world beater. ONE!

If you do I will give you £1,000

This is my worry about you Ern. I genuinely think you are deluded. Everyone else is saying he won’t be amazing but he does represent value for money.

You are the one that think Lloyd has to be a world beater. You are the one who thinks we are all deaperate to sign him. You are the one whose blood pressure goes through the roof when ever his name is mentioned.

I’m not sure why you need a nemesis at the club to be happy. Or why you need to hate on someone so much... but I would look into it... it can’t be healthy.

I worry about you Ern!! Are you ok?

Have you not seen him play then?! - he looks completely uninterested half the time & is far too "injury prone". He's a "mood"(y) shall we say?!

They said the same about Nicolas Anelka but I'd have him in the team. He didn't have play at left-back either

Show me ONE post where someone says Lloyd will be a world beater. ONE!

If you do I will give you £1,000

This is my worry about you Ern. I genuinely think you are deluded. Everyone else is saying he won’t be amazing but he does represent value for money.

You are the one that think Lloyd has to be a world beater. You are the one who thinks we are all deaperate to sign him. You are the one whose blood pressure goes through the roof when ever his name is mentioned.

I’m not sure why you need a nemesis at the club to be happy. Or why you need to hate on someone so much... but I would look into it... it can’t be healthy.

I worry about you Ern!! Are you ok?

No problem with me.

Same as every Vale fan I want a better team.

That won’t be improved by wasting the budget on Macc rejects.Baldrick Brown did the same thing and we all know how that worked out.

We have just released 9 players so what is wrong with wanting them replaced with fewer better players.

Unless we get in better players I am afraid we will be in the same position as the last 2 years.

It’s like moving round the deck chairs on the Titanic.

No problem with me.

Same as every Vale fan I want a better team.

That won’t be improved by wasting the budget on Macc rejects.Baldrick Brown did the same thing and we all know how that worked out.

We have just released 9 players so what is wrong with wanting them replaced with fewer better players.

Unless we get in better players I am afraid we will be in the same position as the last 2 years.

It’s like moving round the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Surely you understand that if you want quality up front you have to pay for it.

Therefore you need to balance the squad with some cheaper players to put on the bench.

When shopping for cheaper players that’s a gamble.

So cheaper players you have delt with before and know they are not trouble makers.

That’s Ryan Lloyd.

Please explain which of those sentences you disagree with or don’t understand.

And try and be calm and logical and not use the phase happy clapper

The only thing I trust about Askey is that he is trying to take us into non league where he is comfortable and knows his level.

Keep up the happy clapping he needs all the support he can get.

You’re beginning to sound like a Stoke fan.

Archived