onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mr Smurthwaite's games begin........

Advert

Valiants,

In the last 48 hours, Mr Smurthwaite has initiated phone conversations with members of both Black and Gold and the Supporters Club. In these phone calls, Mr Smurthwaite:

● Queried why the SC and B&G were raising money to remove him

● Offered concern that we were asking for money under false pretext

● Claimed he will withdraw all financial support for the club as of 30/4/19, leading to insolvency. This would lead to administration and possible liquidation of Port Vale Football Club. He claimed the protests were causing this, and was going to announce it at the April Supporters Club meeting.

Coming from two independent sources, we take these threats very seriously. We are now working with the relevant organisations in order to address these threats.

We would also like to reiterate all funds donated to the GoFundMe will be used to fund existing and new protest initiatives, and ongoing legal costs. Any excess will be pledged to the new owners of Port Vale. A link to the GoFundMe page is included at the end of this release.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Black and Gold

https://www.gofundme.com/save-the-vale/

www.valeforsale.co.uk

http://portvalesupportersclub.org.uk/

Beyond my level of knowledge but could Smurthwaite actually liquidate Vale if there was a bona fide buyer prepared to purchase the club. The purpose of Administration would be to find a buyer, pay creditors and preserve jobs (?) and if a buyer exists......

Hard to take that response and get what he is saying... by saying he is “using the example”’of withdrawing funding and the club ended up in administration suggesting that he didn’t say that as being the actual case?

Clearance by the EFL for what?

What would he be announcing mid April?! Selling? Budgeting accordingly to the ST sales?

Can you please post the evidence he said all this on here?

You don't want anyone questioning you. Some people might think you've only posted that to increase donations.

Thanks

Mr Smurthwaite has confirmed this to the Sentinel. Perhaps he has done it to increase donations??

Unpopular opinion now- assuming Norman sells up to synectics, how long before protests against new owners? Do you think they have the capital to invest in vale to be at best a top half league 2 side?? Just saying...

It’s not about cash, it’s about integrity and business acumen. I don’t know why people don’t understand this.

Unpopular opinion now- assuming Norman sells up to synectics, how long before protests against new owners? Do you think they have the capital to invest in vale to be at best a top half league 2 side?? Just saying...

If they lie, treat fans like ****, lie some more, destroy the club on and off the pitch, threaaten fans with admin, lie some more, then I don't care if it's day 1 or 6 years later...GET OUT OF OUR CLUB. Would you disagree?

Well our esteemed owner hasnt got the funds or the nouse to move vale forward, looks to be s dictator and divides what should be united

I will take my chances and season ticket money with synectics over the current bumbling idiot

I’m just a bit uncomfortable with the crowd funding bit- players, suppliers still being paid by the owner/pvfc. Why take money off the punters? Just feel like it’s all knee jerk after not making any decent signings in Jan.

Obviously his PR skills are non-existent, but I have some sympathy with his stance- he has lost the love the with the vale, continues to pay the bills (top 10 budget I believe) and a GoFundMe set up against him??

I’m just a bit uncomfortable with the crowd funding bit- players, suppliers still being paid by the owner/pvfc. Why take money off the punters? Just feel like it’s all knee jerk after not making any decent signings in Jan.

Obviously his PR skills are non-existent, but I have some sympathy with his stance- he has lost the love the with the vale, continues to pay the bills (top 10 budget I believe) and a GoFundMe set up against him??

Sell up then? If there was nobody waiting in the wings to take over, I might agree with 1% of what you just wrote.

Sell up then.............

I'm not aware anyone is taking money from the punters. I have seen the punters handing it over voluntarily.

Archived