onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mr Smurthwaite's games begin........

I’m just a bit uncomfortable with the crowd funding bit- players, suppliers still being paid by the owner/pvfc. Why take money off the punters? Just feel like it’s all knee jerk after not making any decent signings in Jan.

Obviously his PR skills are non-existent, but I have some sympathy with his stance- he has lost the love the with the vale, continues to pay the bills (top 10 budget I believe) and a GoFundMe set up against him??

You can have sympathy for him if you wat to.Personnaly I have no sympathy for him at all.I also have no respect for him him.I have more respect for the Argies under President Galtieri 1982 than I have for Smurtwaite.All of this “damage “is down to just one person and you have sympathy for that one person who is responsible for it - really?

“Taking money from punters “ as you call it is exactly what he should be doing.But it will not happen due to all his many(failed ,empty) promises.This is actually showing that there is support for the club there.

Advert

I’m just a bit uncomfortable with the crowd funding bit- players, suppliers still being paid by the owner/pvfc. Why take money off the punters? Just feel like it’s all knee jerk after not making any decent signings in Jan.

Obviously his PR skills are non-existent, but I have some sympathy with his stance- he has lost the love the with the vale, continues to pay the bills (top 10 budget I believe) and a GoFundMe set up against him??

What a load of ******* b0ll0cks. Even REP, yes REP, hasn't had the bare faced cheek to gob off like this.

not a case of pr skills,

he simply doesn't or chooses not to learn , he has had years to learn put things right turn the corner but his arrogant ego driven self only thinks he knows best and is always right even when its obvious he clearly doesn't.

also the bills are paid for by the supporters supporting but keeps any payments at a bare minimum and creams of the rest for his nest egg so no credit there .

No problem with an owner taking a cut when its been made like bell did with rudge, sell a player for a million give rudge half keep some back for himself,, its about getting the balance right unfortunately smurthwaite is the only one on the scales so it all rolls to him like jabba the hut

Easy friend, just an opinion.

Just concerned we are going to get into a new owner merry go round, when we have one currently (who is far from perfect mind) who pays the bills, provides a top ten budget. Fans are fickle, if we were in this situation now (8 points clear of relegation) in jan, none of this would be happening

The Bruno experiment aside — as that was clearly deranged

Been a while since I’ve posted sorry- I agree with this sorry, and prior post in response to Doha

not a case of pr skills,

he simply doesn't or chooses not to learn , he has had years to learn put things right turn the corner but his arrogant ego driven self only thinks he knows best and is always right even when its obvious he clearly doesn't.

also the bills are paid for by the supporters supporting but keeps any payments at a bare minimum and creams of the rest for his nest egg so no credit there .

No problem with an owner taking a cut when its been made like bell did with rudge, sell a player for a million give rudge half keep some back for himself,, its about getting the balance right unfortunately smurthwaite is the only one on the scales so it all rolls to him like jabba the hut

Easy friend, just an opinion.

Just concerned we are going to get into a new owner merry go round, when we have one currently (who is far from perfect mind) who pays the bills, provides a top ten budget. Fans are fickle, if we were in this situation now (8 points clear of relegation) in jan, none of this would be happening

The Bruno experiment aside — as that was clearly deranged

Top 10 budget? Based on what? Hearsay? What evidence is there of this supposed top 10 budget.No money as promised in January.New lights sourced and funded by a sponsor.The new pitch was going to be funded by money from a sponsor.Money coming into the club from Hugil deal and £250k from Man City for the academy player.Exclusivity payments.No evidence of any of this money going into the club.

Mark Porter has posted on Twitter a screenshot of his text from Norman who says

“OK I wanted to speak to you before a sponsor announces why it pulled the stadium sponsorship contract for £500k and why I have had to cancel new pitch contract and lose £100k deposit”

Note the text was dated 11th Feb and there has been no announcement from any potential sponsor.

Lies lies lies.

Smurthwaite is:

1. Clearly panicking.

2. Scrabbling to try and gain leverage.

3. Failing... like everything else he has done at the club.

Hard to take that response and get what he is saying... by saying he is “using the example”’of withdrawing funding and the club ended up in administration suggesting that he didn’t say that as being the actual case?

Clearance by the EFL for what?

What would he be announcing mid April?! Selling? Budgeting accordingly to the ST sales?

He is playing games again and showing what an evil detestable man he is.

He is trying to blackmail the fans by saying if I put the club into receivership they will be deducted 12 points and be relegated.

So be nice to me and stop your red cards protest or I might do it.

He’s had plenty of time to learn from his numerous mistakes. More than enough time in fact, so it’s certainly not a knee jerk reaction, fans have been more than patient, but instead of putting out the fire he just keeps pouring more fuel on. He’s the master of his own destiny and has bought all this down on himself by his own actions.

After an unexpected promotion he’s managed to push the club off a cliff, to a point where we’ve spent the last 2 seasons in very real danger of exiting the league. Whilst you’re entitled to your opinion I don’t think many share your misguided sympathy. This isn’t about a bad January window, it’s about years of mismanagement.

"...their campaign has...done irreversible damage to Port Vale Football Club."

Cue the Alanis Morrissette song!

Archived