onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vanarama

Iron Curtain

I have made 2 bets in my life. Both on the team I’ve supported for 41 years. First off, I made £1000 when Tom Pope smoked something awesome and scored enough goals with a couple of brilliant wingers and an ex offender on the from line. This year I’ve made my second bet. I had to think very very hard about this but am so certain our club is being royalty inserted in the rectum by its owner that I felt I’d bet on us going down. I’ve got good odds from the start of the season. Stand to make another grand. I’ll drown my sorrows. Vale RIP and F you to the management and directorship that have ripped the heart and soul from Burslem.

Advert

Looks uplifting :sad:

The National League Attendance Table (latest from 2019)

1. Wrexham 5,192

2. Leyton Orient 5,186

3. Chesterfield 4,526

4. Hartlepool United 3,057

5. Salford City 2,516

6. Maidstone United 2,252

7. Sutton United 1,863

8. Aldershot Town 1,779

9. Eastleigh 1,743

10: Harrogate Town 1,728

11. AFC Fylde 1,722

12. FC Halifax Town 1,597

13. Ebbsfleet United 1,479

14. Dagenham & R 1,441

15. Maidenhead United 1,355

16. Bromley 1,345

17. Havant & Waterlooville 1,300

18. Barrow 1,286

19. Barnet 1,284

20. Solihull Moors 1,154

21. Dover Athletic 1,137

22. Gateshead 835

23. Boreham Wood 769

24. Braintree Town 732

Should get another top ten budget next season then.

Smurf will blackmail Carole Shanaghan and Ian Donaldson into buying the club by threatening to put the club into receivership ( losing 12 points) making sure we are relegated.He is taking out as much as he can possibly can before he goes.He has probably taken 2 million out this year but will still say he is losing money.

If he is losing so much money a clever business man would cut his losses and sell it while he can still get any money for it.But everyone knows he,s as thick k pig sh@t As Mr Juncker says there is a place in hell (for people like Norman Smurthwaite).

Smurf will blackmail Carole Shanaghan and Ian Donaldson into buying the club by threatening to put the club into receivership ( losing 12 points) making sure we are relegated.He is taking out as much as he can possibly can before he goes.He has probably taken 2 million out this year but will still say he is losing money.

If he is losing so much money a clever business man would cut his losses and sell it while he can still get any money for it.But everyone knows he,s as thick k pig sh@t As Mr Juncker says there is a place in hell (for people like Norman Smurthwaite).

If it was Texas , he’d be gone by now. One way or another.

Either way it doesn't look good. If by some miracle we survive relegation, what would we have to look forward to next season? More poundland bargain basement players and another depressing relegation season. And if you go down, NS will cut his cloth accordingly and we will struggle to keep afloat.

It doesn't matter much who were playing or in what league, yes I'd prefer league 2, I'd still support my club. However I think I've reached a point where I don't want to spend money irrespective of which league were in , if my money isnt getting reinvested into the club coffers. I'm not financing someone else's pension fund.

I'm don't even want a multi millionaire Arab to take over, just somebody who's going to spend my money in trying to improve my club. If not, why should anyone bother? With the current owners in charge, even league 2 survival looks bleak. They've rinsed me enough.

All these tinpot clubs will love it, won't they? One of the best away supported clubs in L1 and 2 taking hundreds of loyal supporters to the games while, in return, we might see a couple of dozen turn up at Vale Park needing a map to find the toilets. Every game will be a cup tie where the underdogs put in their best performance of the season.

And all thanks to Smurthwaite. Just hope he enjoys his final meeting with the other EFL owners as they marvel at his incompetence.

All these tinpot clubs will love it, won't they? One of the best away supported clubs in L1 and 2 taking hundreds of loyal supporters to the games while, in return, we might see a couple of dozen turn up at Vale Park needing a map to find the toilets. Every game will be a cup tie where the underdogs put in their best performance of the season.

And all thanks to Smurthwaite. Just hope he enjoys his final meeting with the other EFL owners as they marvel at his incompetence.

Add to that CD, it's it's easier to stay in the league above than get promoted out of the one below. Let's just hope Askey and the players can conjure something up.

I don’t think I can accept the fact that we might end up swapping places with Solihull Moors.

What a travesty this club has become.

Completely agree Dave. I work in that area and have seen Solihull a few times. I've seen them as far back as when we were in the Championship and they were usually watched by 2 men and a dog. Absolutely heart breaking to see how far we've fallen and I fear that it could get worse next season if we go down. Our league status is everything and we must somehow find the points to stay up.

Completely agree Dave. I work in that area and have seen Solihull a few times. I've seen them as far back as when we were in the Championship and they were usually watched by 2 men and a dog. Absolutely heart breaking to see how far we've fallen and I fear that it could get worse next season if we go down. Our league status is everything and we must somehow find the points to stay up.

Our league status is everything but if by a miracle do stay up what happens next season ???

We will have no manager, no investment from the owner ( no change there then ) so I think if we don’t drop this season then next season we will be running the gauntlet again

Norman smurthwaite needs to leave ASAP and then we can start to rebuild and move forward

Our league status is everything but if by a miracle do stay up what happens next season ???

We will have no manager, no investment from the owner ( no change there then ) so I think if we don’t drop this season then next season we will be running the gauntlet again

Norman smurthwaite needs to leave ASAP and then we can start to rebuild and move forward

What happens now and next season is we continue to put pressure on the owner to sell up and move on as soon as possible. I don’t disagree with you!

But it is better to start next season with no manager and no investment in League 2, compared with no manager and even less investment in the National League.

One of the best thing about non-league is the dogs.

I think if there were more dogs to make a fuss of then people wouldn't get so aggressive at the football.

It's true

Owning a pet is therapeutic and calming

But it hasn't stopped me being in a rage most Saturdays for the past 3 years.

3 years ffs!!!

"All these tinpot clubs will love it, won't they? One of the best away supported clubs in L1 and 2 taking hundreds of loyal supporters to the games while, in return, we might see a couple of dozen turn up at Vale Park needing a map to find the toilets. Every game will be a cup tie where the underdogs put in their best performance of the season."

They will indeed be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of both Vale and Notts County coming down to their league. Usually two well supported clubs on their travels... will no doubt help them increase their budgets.

Archived