onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Run In

Quebec_Valiant

Eight games to go or thereabouts - here's the form table over the last 8 games:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-two/form/matches:8/type:home-and-away/

Interesting to see that, surprisingly, FGR are below us in this table. They dropped another point at home today to Carlisle who are also on a bad run. Let's hope FGR keep it going!

Advert

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-two/form/matches:8/type:home-and-away/

Interesting to see that, surprisingly, FGR are below us in this table. They dropped another point at home today to Carlisle who are also on a bad run. Let's hope FGR keep it going!

Most of the teams around us are picking up about a point a game, Notts won a couple of games back to back (7-8 games ago) which improves their numbers. If they carry on at that pace then we are pretty much safe already. Our run in looks pretty tough but if we can play like we have in the previous 3 games then we should pick up a few points here and there. Hopefully all will be sorted before we play Macc, I've had enough of 6 pointers.

Bar the Colchester win midweek FGR have been in terrible form lately. Their keeper kept them in it yesterday too as Carlisle battered them.

Lost 3-0 at Morecambe other week too. It’s a chance to virtually get over the line Saturday certainly.

Most of the teams around us are picking up about a point a game, Notts won a couple of games back to back (7-8 games ago) which improves their numbers. If they carry on at that pace then we are pretty much safe already. Our run in looks pretty tough but if we can play like we have in the previous 3 games then we should pick up a few points here and there. Hopefully all will be sorted before we play Macc, I've had enough of 6 pointers.

County have the worst record of the bottom 4 over the last 6 games. They've had some bad results against teams around them recently, so my thought is they'll go.

I think Notts and Yeovil will go. Macc will have just enough.

I think those two as well. That was a big win for macc yesterday in both points and psychology.

Perfornance tells you more than points I think when it comes to run ins.

Three weeks ago I was convinced we were going. Couldn't score and looking awful on the pitch.

We've turned that around and now in more reassured that the way we're playing should ensure we don't let the gap slip between us and the bottom 2. We've even gone above another side this weekend with a point at a ground we traditionally get nothing from.

I thought, although we did play very well that day, that notts looked every bit the bottom side the other week.

I don't actually think our run in is too bad. We've got some tough away games but we've got FGR, stevenage, Macclesfield and crewe all at home. We're a win and a draw from it being certain I think and with the way we're playing I'm feeling a lot better about it all.

A month ago we were absolutely gone as far as I was concerned.

Bolton and Ebsfleet on that list as well.

Bolton are in deep as a take over fell through today, their is a genuine worry for their fans that they will actually be liquidated as it’s such a mess even administration wouldn’t adhere to EFL rules about proof of funding for three months to see the season out.

Some right messes in the EFL at the moment.

What the h... is going on with football today???

General rule to appease fans clubs keep spending more money on wages. Eventually the debt out strips the wealth of the owners. Fans throw their hands in the air about financial mismanagement. Then following administration another chairman comes along and it all gets repeated. Stripping out a promotion season or a big player sales most clubs outside the premiership run at a loss. So a couple of seasons without one or the other and administration is a real possibility.

Bolton are in deep as a take over fell through today, their is a genuine worry for their fans that they will actually be liquidated as it’s such a mess even administration wouldn’t adhere to EFL rules about proof of funding for three months to see the season out.

Some right messes in the EFL at the moment.

Bolton Wanderers have been given two weeks to settle their debts or risk going into administration.

The club, who are up for sale, appeared in the High Court today over an unpaid £1.2m tax bill.

General rule to appease fans clubs keep spending more money on wages. Eventually the debt out strips the wealth of the owners. Fans throw their hands in the air about financial mismanagement. Then following administration another chairman comes along and it all gets repeated. Stripping out a promotion season or a big player sales most clubs outside the premiership run at a loss. So a couple of seasons without one or the other and administration is a real possibility.

JRC, I think you've just explained our plight in one succinct paragraph. (apart from the spending big on wages , obviously :wink:)

JRC, I think you've just explained our plight in one succinct paragraph. (apart from the spending big on wages , obviously :wink:)

I steadfastly do not get involved in the debate on our current chairman, it's purely a comment on the general ongoing saga of football finances. When I was young I wanted to live to be older, richer and own Port Vale. In achieving a reasonable degree of two of these I have learnt enough to know that any involvement in the other would have a massive long-term impact on my health and family. Anyone who wants to own a lower league football club is welcome to the headache I just want to watch the football and have a couple of beers. As a objective comment our cycle of administrations is not that dissimilar to a number of other clubs. The Birmingham City saga also seems to be rumbling on.

Archived