onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Saturday's protest

smithie

Advert

Agreed, Santa. This stuff about thuggery is ridiculous. This is what Mark said in the Sentinel:

"But it has to be peaceful and whether people want to take part or not, that is up to them.

"Fans will show their frustration with how the club is run, and then go into the ground to support the team. The protest must be peaceful.

"Good luck to John Askey and the lads. Let's hope we get three points."

Mark has pointed out on here yesterday that he has had threats and abuse this week. Looks to me like the thuggery is not coming from the protestors but from those who object to the protest.

It looks like one person in particular is publicly saying he's worried about bad language and disorder, but privately he's up to his dirty tricks.

What did you get Smurthwaite for Valentine’s Day REP? Box of chocolates and a card outlining your undying love and affection?

He won't have got round to opening it yet, what with all the cards he gets.

The sorting office had to get the van out on Sex Man's round yesterday.

It looks like one person in particular is publicly saying he's worried about bad language and disorder, but privately he's up to his dirty tricks.

I suspect bad language and disorder may be ultimately what tilts the balance in favour of him going. Say what you like about them, but that lot up the road were in the directors box for less than we've had to put up with. Not that I am publicly condoning violence by the way.

Well I won’t be protesting tomorrow, fair enough to others wanting to do it, but my focus is backing Askey and the team tomorrow, I get people are sick off Norman, but I would much prefer us safe and then see where we go in the summer.

But realistically we are anything but safe long term with the blue dictator in charge.

Well I won’t be protesting tomorrow, fair enough to others wanting to do it, but my focus is backing Askey and the team tomorrow, I get people are sick off Norman, but I would much prefer us safe and then see where we go in the summer.

I saw this in the days of V2001 at end of the season the protests were massive but the one at the beginning of the next season was poor in comparison. This is because people are optimists at heart and a couple of new freebies cons and kids many into believing in a brighter new dawn but under this waster it simply won't happen.

Where do you think we go?

Best predictor of future behavior, is past behavior. So we'll end up with a squad of 30+ players, fighting to avoid relegation, if things are allowed to continue as is.

If we do have as big a budget as is stated, then let the manager use it however he sees fit. But instead, we have the owner butting in on every signing! I get they need wage caps at Premier League clubs, where the players want 3 or 400k a week plus bonuses. But in League 2, where they are discussing 1 or 1,5k a week, I can't really see the need... If the manager wants to pay 22 quality players 2,5 or 3k a week, instead of paying 32+ players 900 quid a week, that should be his choice and option!

Archived