onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Saturday's protest

smithie

I Agree with your sentiments, I won’t be walking in protest I prefer to support the boys over the rest of the matches and stave off relegation! My view is if we survive then don’t buy season tickets en mass. We do need to understand that whilst Smurthwaite has been a very bad option we don’t have many people who want to take over the club even for half what he wants and if takeover comes we need a board of directors with all the varied skills required. Perhaps some of the higher ups in the Supporters club etc should be putting their minds to helping find an investor.

Firstly those of us who are protesting/walking/marching will be 100% behind the team come 3pm.

Secondly how do you know the Supporters Club are not looking finding investors/buyers to look at the club??

Keep the faith..

Advert

Yeah that’s exactly what I suggested...

God knows. I just can’t see protesting in smallish numbers having an effect on him I think he’d bask in it.

I would say a full boycott but we need points desperately so that’s probably not a good idea. For me protesting will just make him even worse

Why not join us mate, its one more in numbers. People have to realise that we have to start somewhere and this is the start..

Why not join us mate, its one more in numbers. People have to realise that we have to start somewhere and this is the start..

Just not the right time for me, we need to concentrate on giving Askey and the players our support! As said my view is Smurth has to go but best time is to withhold our season ticket money for next season. He ain’t bothered about a few people demonstrating outside the ground he probably won’t even be there anyway, needs hitting in the pocket.

I am sure all supporters will support the players tomorrow and we need to be loud and proud. My main point is we need to help encourage an investor to come to our club to get rid of the Smurth and to save the club this need to done in a manner of a seamless takeover!

Supporters have got behind the team all season at home and away,perhaps a ruddy good protest, a few lads on the pitch,a bit of disruption,smoke bombs etc.might wake them up, after all how long is it since we won at home ? how many goals have we scored ? where are we in the league ? supporting them seems to put them off perhaps a different approach is required.:whistling:

Supporters have got behind the team all season at home and away,perhaps a ruddy good protest, a few lads on the pitch,a bit of disruption,smoke bombs etc.might wake them up, after all how long is it since we won at home ? how many goals have we scored ? where are we in the league ? supporting them seems to put them off perhaps a different approach is required.:whistling:

Sorry don’t agree at all, nothing should deflect us getting behind the team from the off and throughout the game not just for a few minutes at a time. Askey s black and white army! Yes we are in dire straights at home but our away support is superb for most part! So let’s get going. Yes I would like to shove a smoke bomb up Smurth’s bottom but it won’t help us win tomorrow!

I see no issue whatsoever in protesting.

NS loves strutting around and mixing with other teams' directors and chairmen, knocking back a few shandies and playing king of the castle.

He won't enjoy the protests one bit, home or away. They'll probably force him to stay away.

Protesting has nothing at all to do with supporting the team from 3.00 onwards.

You can do both with equal conviction.

"Better to live like a lion for one day than a hundred years as a sheep."

NS loves strutting around and mixing with other teams' directors and chairmen, knocking back a few shandies and playing king of the castle.

He won't enjoy the protests one bit, home or away. They'll probably force him to stay away.

What if you are a vegetarian?

Just not the right time for me, we need to concentrate on giving Askey and the players our support! As said my view is Smurth has to go but best time is to withhold our season ticket money for next season. He ain’t bothered about a few people demonstrating outside the ground he probably won’t even be there anyway, needs hitting in the pocket.

You say you’d rather concentrate on giving Askey and the players your support, so won’t be protesting.

As has been mentioned before, the protesters are fully behind Askey and the players but not Smurthwaite.

You then go on to say the best thing is to withhold season ticket money for next season, which isn’t getting behind the manager or players at all.

You say you’d rather concentrate on giving Askey and the players your support, so won’t be protesting.

As has been mentioned before, the protesters are fully behind Askey and the players but not Smurthwaite.

You then go on to say the best thing is to withhold season ticket money for next season, which isn’t getting behind the manager or players at all.

No, I said hold back season ticket money to hurt Smurthwaite in the pocket, he would have to do something about it long before new season started so wouldn’t affect any manager.

Brilliant post..

Archived