onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Signing Close?

valefan16

Not sure I like Glenavon's media based negotiation and putting out what is agreed. The player himself said he didn't want to go somewhere to be in an under 23 squad, so that must count for us a little.
Hope so. I think even aspin is seeing that Joyce isn't up to it now so I would expect his thinking is that this lad will slot in alongside manny with conlon in the holding role

Advert

Happy to give the lad a chance, Rawlinson isn't bad coming from a similar standard in one sense. I think we need another body in there as Hardcastle hasn't really made an impact, Tonge and Pugh have basically had it and Kay although good experience and a good squad player can't go on forever. Good competition for Manny and Conlon imo!

Hope he’s good! We have many players in that position, but as been stated, it’s quantity over quality...

Tonge is finished, Pugh as well, Hardcastle is clearly not rated by Aspin (even though he was the one who brought him in...), Joyce has also fallen out of favor, and Kay, although playing fine at the moment, is most likely in his last active season.

So here’s hoping, he’s another gem we’ve stirred up 😊

Interesting read the BBC Article.

Dooley and Lyons have not made a single appearance for Rochdale and Blackburn. Burns made one appearance against Cove Rangers before being sent to Livingston. However Whyte is a regular for Oxford.

So it's a gamble we are taking, can't profess to knowing the first thing about Irish Football but it is probably Conference North Standard at best.

Let us hope he is another success like Hannant or Oyeleke and not a Calum Howe or Brenda Daniels.

I don't think its a signing to get excited about yet. Its another non-league gamble, that hopefully works. I'd imagine this will see Hardcastle going back and as already stated Pugh and Tonge are pretty much done here too. Some of the recent performances from Manny, Monty, Manny & Conlon have shown we need more quality in those areas if we are to improve.

Hope so. I think even aspin is seeing that Joyce isn't up to it now so I would expect his thinking is that this lad will slot in alongside manny with conlon in the holding role

If we need a holding midfielder to just break up play and get the ball to more mobile wingers and forwards then Joyce is the man for that role IMO. I can't see Aspin playing a young inexperienced player in that role.

I don't think its a signing to get excited about yet. Its another non-league gamble, that hopefully works. I'd imagine this will see Hardcastle going back and as already stated Pugh and Tonge are pretty much done here too. Some of the recent performances from Manny, Monty, Manny & Conlon have shown we need more quality in those areas if we are to improve.

If we need a holding midfielder to just break up play and get the ball to more mobile wingers and forwards then Joyce is the man for that role IMO. I can't see Aspin playing a young inexperienced player in that role.

You are joking about Joyce.

I would say he is the worst of Aspins signings (except Dodds).Cant tackle backs off and allows them to play and constantly gives the ball away.

One guy in the toilets at half time said if Joyce goes any further back he would be playing in Tunstall.

You are joking about Joyce.

I would say he is the worst of Aspins signings (except Dodds).Cant tackle backs off and allows them to play and constantly gives the ball away.

One guy in the toilets at half time said if Joyce goes any further back he would be playing in Tunstall.

Not joking about Joyce at all. The same is true for a player like Kay too. Get the right people around them and they can do a job for the side.

Not joking about Joyce at all. The same is true for a player like Kay too. Get the right people around them and they can do a job for the side.
If that's true then I really don't think that either JR or Aspin would pursue nor recommend it if they didn't seriously think that this guy is a bit special and is a prime candidate for upward selling. Fingers crossed.

I personally get quite excited by signings like this. Yes, it's a chance, but you can say the same about any signing. I've said for a while that the Peterborough model is the way to go for a Club like us, finances permitting, and am glad to see that once again we're picking up relatively unknown talent from lower leagues. I'd much rather a signing like this than a league 2 journeyman who always has and always will be of minimal talent.

If that's true then I really don't think that either JR or Aspin would pursue nor recommend it if they didn't seriously think that this guy is a bit special and is a prime candidate for upward selling. Fingers crossed.

I personally get quite excited by signings like this. Yes, it's a chance, but you can say the same about any signing. I've said for a while that the Peterborough model is the way to go for a Club like us, finances permitting, and am glad to see that once again we're picking up relatively unknown talent from lower leagues. I'd much rather a signing like this than a league 2 journeyman who always has and always will be of minimal talent.

There nothing wrong with the signing of a young lad with potential, but time and time again we see fans on here get excited by anyone coming from another club. Experience should tell us not to get too carried away.

The discussion about players like Joyce or Kay is a separate thing, with the way Aspin sets up I can't see him playing without a holding midfielder, usually thats a player with experience. I know nothing about this new lad, if thats his role then thats great.

There nothing wrong with the signing of a young lad with potential, but time and time again we see fans on here get excited by anyone coming from another club. Experience should tell us not to get too carried away.

The discussion about players like Joyce or Kay is a separate thing, with the way Aspin sets up I can't see him playing without a holding midfielder, usually thats a player with experience. I know nothing about this new lad, if thats his role then thats great.

He's an attacking midfielder which is why I'm presuming that if he signs then conlon will be used in the holding role.

6 figure fee paid for the lad. Welcome aboard the crazy train.

You'd imagine it would be appearance related. He is very highly rated in Northern Ireland and you'd think Rudge and Aspin have done quite a lot of homework on him. Brave if 100k is true.

Archived