onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Funds?!

Iron Curtain

The biggest worry is that Smurf will back track with the money and also sell our better players. Aspin and Co will then raid the non-league to fill the gaps. Bottom half of the league here we come.

On the other hand, Smurf comes up trumps with the money and some more. Aspin and Co sell/loan/get rid of those who wont make the reserve team and gets some quality into the team and we make the play offs or even the top 3. Well you can dream.

Advert

What is available, is a matter between Smurf and Aspin. No one else!

Why some people on here, seem to think they have a God given right, to know every little thing that is going on at the club, is totally beyond me!

And somehow, people read an article and interprets in the way the want. Speculate to accumulate hate, towards Smurf.

See what happens in the window, with the fact in mind, THAT ASPIN HAS SAID, THAT IS IT HARD TO GET THE PLAYERS YOU'D LIKE IN JANUARY AND THAT IT IS MUCH EASIER IN THE SUMMER, WHEN PLAYERS ARE OUT OF CONTRACT!!!!!

Smurf didn't say that, Aspin did. Several times both this year AND last year!

And once again, I give the disclaimer that I am NOT defending Smurf! But you are spewing vile and hate against the man, judged on matters you know absolutely **** all about!

Get over yourself, PLEASE!

Why some people on her believe Smurf has the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to pull the wool over vale fans eyes and have certain fans back him when he continuously talks rubbish is sickening.

Smurf said that the money HAD BEEN GIVEN TO ASPIN... it now seems thats not the case.

Ps. SAYING TNINGS IN CAPS LOCK doesn’t make it true!

Anyone claiming that Aspin is just keeping his cards close to his chest by not revealing his budget should ask why Norman decided to say it out loud in the first place.

By that school of thought Norman is not only telling lies about making funds available but has also alerted teams that any loan bid that Aspin could make on his none funded budget, should be met by a nice fee... the guy is a fool.

Judge the man on his record and be fair. He's taken over a club on the up into to league 1 and converted us into a team scrapping for league two survival. It is not a question if we will spend money to improve, more a question of how much worse we will get when he cashes in come Jan.

As usual.

It's not hard.

Though I think signing Manny is the best January business we could ever do, I am not so sure if anyone will come in for him next month, certainly with any sizeable offer, given his lack of appearances and injury record thus far Despite rumours suggesting otherwise, the same applies to Hannant who as we stand will be available for nothing in the summer, and both can speak to clubs with that possibility in mind.

There are numerous players, who getting off the wage bill would make for good commercial practice, but how many clubs would really want them?

I don't believe Aspin will have anywhere near the £400K suggested, and logic would suggest even if was, it would be better served spending it in May when he will know far more accurately in which areas he would need to spend it. If Manny, Hannant, as whispered, Legge all went, then money would need to spent to replace them just to maintain the status Quo, and that's without knowing what may happen to Clarke.

Even now rather than buy another forward, which we do need, I would invest in another creative midfield player, one, like Manny that could run with the ball and one that would be here for the next couple of seasons. Manny has proved how important that kind of player is, and why I am so hoping he is the first signature Aspin acquires.

Though annoying, as a democrat, I am of the view that our owner can spend his money as he deems fit, but my God if Manny leaves because his contract situation allows him to do so, then the current levels of criticism will be viewed as mild to the uproar that will then follow

Why some people on her believe Smurf has the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to pull the wool over vale fans eyes and have certain fans back him when he continuously talks rubbish is sickening.

Smurf said that the money HAD BEEN GIVEN TO ASPIN... it now seems thats not the case.

Anyone claiming that Aspin is just keeping his cards close to his chest by not revealing his budget should ask why Norman decided to say it out loud in the first place.

By that school of thought Norman is not only telling lies about making funds available but has also alerted teams that any loan bid that Aspin could make on his none funded budget, should be met by a nice fee... the guy is a fool.

Norman telling lies that will be a first.The man doesn’t know when he is telling the truth and is only interested in filling his @rse pocket at our expense.If he told me today was Monday I would have to check first.

The reason I put that fact in caps, is because some people won’t understand how the market works!

Aspin says it again and again and again, but yet some people are 100% fact resiliant, so they put the blame on Smurf, even though he has absolutely nothing to do with it! I don’t want us spending silly money on one or two players, if we can get them for half in the summer. Why should we??

The fact is, that you get way more for 400k in the summer, than in January.

By all means: blame Smurf for everything he has done wrong, I do to! But some people seem to blame him for the weather or Brexit.

But then again, why let such a silly thing as facts, ruin your petty statements?

Aspin keeps talking about new loan signings, which means somebody already in, has to go. I actually think, he should get rid of all but Clark...

There are absolute no reason to have loan players in, just to play in our reserves. It's laughable!

I'm a bit sorry for Hardcastle, as I actually really rate him! But with Conlon and Manny playing so well, and with even Kay in front of him, I think he should go back for his own sake. Shame really.

Kanu is obviously not Aspins cup of tea, so I think he should go back as well. No one can really say if he's good or not, because he has played what, 20 minutes in total, in the League up till now.

Quigley is the same as Kanu.

Dodds is here and well, he probably stays.

Though I think signing Manny is the best January business we could ever do, I am not so sure if anyone will come in for him next month, certainly with any sizeable offer, given his lack of appearances and injury record thus far Despite rumours suggesting otherwise, the same applies to Hannant who as we stand will be available for nothing in the summer, and both can speak to clubs with that possibility in mind.

There are numerous players, who getting off the wage bill would make for good commercial practice, but how many clubs would really want them?

I don't believe Aspin will have anywhere near the £400K suggested, and logic would suggest even if was, it would be better served spending it in May when he will know far more accurately in which areas he would need to spend it. If Manny, Hannant, as whispered, Legge all went, then money would need to spent to replace them just to maintain the status Quo, and that's without knowing what may happen to Clarke.

Even now rather than buy another forward, which we do need, I would invest in another creative midfield player, one, like Manny that could run with the ball and one that would be here for the next couple of seasons. Manny has proved how important that kind of player is, and why I am so hoping he is the first signature Aspin acquires.

Though annoying, as a democrat, I am of the view that our owner can spend his money as he deems fit, but my God if Manny leaves because his contract situation allows him to do so, then the current levels of criticism will be viewed as mild to the uproar that will then follow

Must be honest I'd rather get key players signed for next year than waste money just because it's available. I think we have a core group who could be serious contenders next season with maybe 3 more players added. Adding 3 real quality players in January is difficult. If we can get the right player fine.

Archived