onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Funds?!

Iron Curtain

Interesting statement from Aspo in the sentinel.

“In terms of can we buy anyone, then that will be determined then if we get the funds to do that.”

"But of course, any funds that come my way then I would welcome“

I thought Norman said the money had already been given to Aspin.

Oh wait... surprise, surprise... the chairman’s words were at best stupid, most likely slippery and in the worst case deceitful.

Advert

Well not long to wait before we see what happens. Expecting with potentially players going out and better ones coming in our Chairman will use these movements to muddy the waters over how much was actually spent nett. Think there is more chance of Santa bringing me a Ferrari than the Vale spending £400k + in the January transfer window. I think our spend like my Ferrari will be minuitarised.

What is available, is a matter between Smurf and Aspin. No one else!

Why some people on here, seem to think they have a God given right, to know every little thing that is going on at the club, is totally beyond me!

And somehow, people read an article and interprets in the way the want. Speculate to accumulate hate, towards Smurf.

See what happens in the window, with the fact in mind, THAT ASPIN HAS SAID, THAT IS IT HARD TO GET THE PLAYERS YOU'D LIKE IN JANUARY AND THAT IT IS MUCH EASIER IN THE SUMMER, WHEN PLAYERS ARE OUT OF CONTRACT!!!!!

Smurf didn't say that, Aspin did. Several times both this year AND last year!

And once again, I give the disclaimer that I am NOT defending Smurf! But you are spewing vile and hate against the man, judged on matters you know absolutely **** all about!

Get over yourself, PLEASE!

Why some people on here, seem to think they have a God given right, to know every little thing that is going on at the club, is totally beyond me!

And somehow, people read an article and interprets in the way the want. Speculate to accumulate hate, towards Smurf.

See what happens in the window, with the fact in mind, THAT ASPIN HAS SAID, THAT IS IT HARD TO GET THE PLAYERS YOU'D LIKE IN JANUARY AND THAT IT IS MUCH EASIER IN THE SUMMER, WHEN PLAYERS ARE OUT OF CONTRACT!!!!!

And once again, I give the disclaimer that I am NOT defending Smurf! But you are spewing vile and hate against the man, judged on matters you know absolutely **** all about!

It reads a rehash of an article from about a month ago. Probably the reality is it's better not to raise expectations or let other clubs know the budget. Unless we have a good December the greater good will probably be served by saving some funds for the summer.

Interesting statement from Aspo in the sentinel.

“In terms of can we buy anyone, then that will be determined then if we get the funds to do that.”

"But of course, any funds that come my way then I would welcome“

I thought Norman said the money had already been given to Aspin.

Oh wait... surprise, surprise... the chairman’s words were at best stupid, most likely slippery and in the worst case deceitful.

Funds may very well be available.How much was available and is available after police costs / costs to repair any damage on Tuesday MIGHT be different.

But its not about every little thing,its about funds Smurf has clearly said would be available in the January window and as a loyal paying customer of many years, I think I have a god given right to know what I'm getting for my money/support.Get over it yourself,maybe you've been out of Burslem too long and have no grasp of the feelings towards the blue baboon.

Other teams don't seem to have a problem taking our best players in January.

If any body needs to get over themselves its you.

Smurthwaite said 400k was available............ FACT.

He has now back tracked on that statement BUT he did say it.

How DARE supporters hold to account owners who suggest there are funds available when everyone knows it's all bluster and hot wind.

If it's got nothing to do with supporters and we dont need to know every detail, you need to tell Smurthwaite to engage his brain before he opens his mouth.

To be honest I would just like to get to the end of January without losing our best players.

Smurf has past form of getting rid of our best players for short term gain that has cost us relegation.

Players like Hannant and Manny need to be given longer contracts now before the window opens.Norman can’t see that that would help him to get more money for them than lose them for nothing in the summer.

I also think we could get Alex Jones back from Bradford for a reasonable price in January to strengthen the front line.

Where have he back tracked?

Are you refering to that month old Aspin quote in the top post?

Do you really expect Aspin to sit excited like a child on Christmas, telling the journo he has tons of cash available? What do you think happens with the price of his targets, if he does that?

I don’t see Aspin complaining anywhere, and if anyone have been snarky between the line in the past, it’s Aspin!

So until I here anything different from the horses mouth, not just from interpretations or someone having heard it from their neigbours cousin, who’s best friends uncle once had a friend, who’s aunt once bought a hamster from a bloke who once met Smurf in Tesco, I believe Aspin is being backed as promised!

If any body needs to get over themselves its you.

Smurthwaite said 400k was available............ FACT.

He has now back tracked on that statement BUT he did say it.

How DARE supporters hold to account owners who suggest there are funds available when everyone knows it's all bluster and hot wind.

If it's got nothing to do with supporters and we dont need to know every detail, you need to tell Smurthwaite to engage his brain before he opens his mouth.

Don’t see where he has back tracked at all? He only made the 400k statement the other day. Still a month away. Let’s wait and see I’m not holding my breath, would prefer we wait until the summer anyway personally.

Don’t see where he has back tracked at all? He only made the 400k statement the other day. Still a month away. Let’s wait and see I’m not holding my breath, would prefer we wait until the summer anyway personally.

He said on the radio when questioned about the 400k that it was already in the budget and by that he meant it wont be extra over and above......Not that anyone believes him .

He said on the radio when questioned about the 400k that it was already in the budget and by that he meant it wont be extra over and above......Not that anyone believes him .

To be fair, the 400k is the Huggill money alone. So they were bound to be in the budget already, as we've known they were coming for a long time!

But as Valiant_593 says, I would wait until summer to make the big signings as well. Just because Aspin has them, doesn't mean he has to use them just because. As he have stated himself as well, by the way...

Archived