onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Martin Smith

Woakesy

Well,arresting half-wits who throw things in the ground would help.If they can catch a Spurs fan who threw a banana skin,I'm sure they are capable of identifying idiots who throw seats,flares and bottles?

Id expect videos will be being reviewed and there will be arrests soon after.View the video,get the evidence,identify them then a knock on the door.

Advert

I really doubt a single person involved in the aggro last night was in any way influenced by an article in a newspaper that no-one reads.

It was a chance for a ''£10 tear-up'' and l honestly think the cheapness of the tickets set the tone for the game to be carnage.

The decision to put the kick-off back to 7.45 merely gave more drinking time, and I'm surprised by the naivety of the police in agreeing to it.

There was netting put up in the seating section by the away end but that seemed to be torn down and this made the interaction between home and away fans much more intense.

Time and again these police ''intelligence officers'' show themselves to be hopelessly out of touch and whilst the nutters on both sides are to blame, questions should be asked of Staffordshire Police's handling of the situation inside the ground at least.

Please read all of my post. It is about how that article leads to unacceptable social media comments and how that fanned the flames. People intent on that level.of violent criminality would care little about ticket prices. Lower prices are intended to give access to families on a tight budget.

Please read all of my post. It is about how that article leads to unacceptable social media comments and how that fanned the flames. People intent on that level.of violent criminality would care little about ticket prices. Lower prices are intended to give access to families on a tight budget.

I agree that you can't go charging daft money for a reserve fixture (on their part anyway) but giving Stoke 4k tickets at pocket-money prices was always likely to lead to scenes like last night.

I still don't think a newspaper article was in any measure to blame for last night.

I have posted elsewhere about a measured response.Martin Smith did not advocate violence but his comments will have been seen by some as a rallying call to arms. I wrote before the game that the Sentinel should not have published that article. Subsequent events endorse that view. The appalling judgement of the Sentinel in allowing comments about justified mockery contributed to unacceptable comments from some Port Vale fans. That added to the mix and was entirely predictable. I compare Mr Smith's comments to those of Ally Simcock before the game. Ally wrote in friendly open honest measured tones but without losing that sense of football rivalry. Martin Smith and the Sentinel are culpable in their comments and judgement in fanning the flames towards predictable criminal violence being committed last night.

Personally I think the Sentinel should be ashamed of themselves for the article by Smith. The guy shouldn’t be allowed a crayon yet alone a column in a local newspaper.

But let’s not get too high & mighty. I’m glad we were at home as if the game had been played at the Brit, it’s highly likely our knuckle dragging “fans” would have done the same.

Both Stoke & Vale have got big problems with single brain cell organisms that follow us to some away games. Only way it’ll stop is if we, the real fans root them out, grass them up and get them banned.

Not condoning it far from it but some on here have short memories in regards the trashing of an opposition enclosure

You did it to the Britannia toilets and sinks on your last visit there

Didn’t we win the last game at the Britannia so no reason to trash the toilets.I was there and can’t remember that happening.

Not condoning it far from it but some on here have short memories in regards the trashing of an opposition enclosure

You did it to the Britannia toilets and sinks on your last visit there

theyt rung ewd 'cos way wun the nowst so way went and ad a few tew celebrate afour way cote the buz wom.:razz:

I see he is writing more garbage in the Senile now. First he wanted more tickets for his beloved club and now he's saying it's the Vale's fault for letting the fans get too close. What a pillock !
Strange that,,when they were in the prem werent home n away fans in same stand only seperated by netting yet they didnt trash their own facilities....presume they never west brom either a lot closer still....

Excuses after excuses from them

Archived