onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - FAC1 Port Vale v Sunderland

Fosse69

True Howjy, we would. Though I would imagine tickets will be available on the day.
Sunderland still quoting " All ticket match, no sales on the day." So likely a few casuals would buy tickets on the day in home areas? But I think your view more likely.

Advert

It hardly helps when the club does zero to publicise the game and promote ticket sales.

This is a big, big occasion for us but you wouldn't know it from the lack of effort shown by the club so far.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your point ai

I'm not as convinced as some people that this is the huge occasion we are making it out to be.

Sunderland undoubtedly are the biggest club available to draw.

However they are a League one club and people seem to of fallen out of love with the cup the past decade or so.

Not sure what the club could of done more myself. Everyone knows about the game. Would a big advert in The Sentinel or running ads on Signal for example make much difference? Personally i doubt it.

The ticket office has been open plenty enough and lets face it you can even print your own off at home as i do myself.

The facts are this is a FIRST round tie against a League one club on a Sunday afternoon. If i was in the maybe category would i be dashing down to get a ticket, probably not.

Stop bashing the club and ticket office for bashings sake.

I'm not as convinced as some people that this is the huge occasion we are making it out to be.

Sunderland undoubtedly are the biggest club available to draw.

However they are a League one club and people seem to of fallen out of love with the cup the past decade or so.

Not sure what the club could of done more myself. Everyone knows about the game. Would a big advert in The Sentinel or running ads on Signal for example make much difference? Personally i doubt it.

The ticket office has been open plenty enough and lets face it you can even print your own off at home as i do myself.

The facts are this is a FIRST round tie against a League one club on a Sunday afternoon. If i was in the maybe category would i be dashing down to get a ticket, probably not.

Stop bashing the club and ticket office for bashings sake.

Yeah agree with this in a way, Sunderland are a huge club but on the pitch as a spectacle they are still what they are... a League One club, as are say Peterborough so in terms of huge names or it being a footballing giant killing it isn't really the case... two years ago maybe!

They are playing a mid table League Two club so it would be like us getting excited at playing say Bromley and being on TV on a Sunday are you going to be that keen on travelling 450 miles or so when you can press a button on the TV to watch it with pint in hand... can see why a lot have been put off.

Its the best draw we could of got, apart from maybe up there for the bigger gate but its made us decent money and we have a chance of winning.

?

I don't happen to think selling more than 1500 home tickets is an achievement.

As of yesterday I thought we had sold around 3500?. I like most of your postings Smithie but like I have stated previously; The fans know who we are playing. They know how to get tickets and they know the price is reasonable. Its been advertised on social media its in the sentinel and on local radio. Other than knock on every door in North staffs just in case there are fans that don't know about the game I can't see what else they need to do to promote the game.

Daft question but I take it this game is Not all ticket and we can get tickets as normal on the day of the game?
Only on the Sunderland site which quotes " Please note, this is an ALL TICKET game and tickets must be purchased in advance, with no sales available on the day of the game. " Which is really only for away fan info. Cant see Vale turning money away.

A chance for the players who are ambitious and want to go on play at a higher level to showcase there talent to a bigger audience not just the ones who are going the game .

Sunderland are doing very well so well done them but on the day any given day the favourites are sometimes to casual in there approach and come a cropper .

Crowd well if i was estimating it be about 6000 max but that is good for us usually first round games are played in front of 3 to 4 thousand max .

My lad and nephew have there tickets hope the Vale play a game like they used to in the 90s as its vitally important to pick up new support through something unexpected and a win v the black cats would be very unexpected

UTV

Vale are asking you to buy tickets early to avoid queues and paying more on the day.

You know what will happen, those without tickets will hit pubs early, the pre match stuff will come on TV and rather than buy a ticket, the beer will just flow.

And those that do get their ticket on the day from 2.30pm and are registered on here will slam the Club as unprofessional and shambolic because they had to queue for a ticket.

Archived