onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Bury

Fosse69

Annoys me that when defending a corner free kick we dont leave anyone on the half way line.Leave someone there on the half way line ready to break away when the ball comes back out.Can understand Pope going back when defending to use his height.He hasn't really got the pace,never has had to be left there on his own to make a quick breakaway.But Miller / Whitfield could do that.The first half was shocking,a lack of tackles being put in,players just standing off the ball waiting for others to do something.Second half was much better performance.When Vale actually go forward and put pressure on the opposition its much much better and team's dont like it.You could see this later on in the game as their players started arguing with each others at times.But at the end of the day we got the 3 points.

Advert

I honestly don't know what some of you want at times. Second half for the most part had everything you would think a vale fan would want. A goal, 2 glorious chances to score, world class save from the GK, solid back line, desire and a willingness to put their bodies on the line. There ain't pleasing some people, there really isn't.

Rawlinson motm for me. Looks 100x better in a more central position.

The back 3 looked very solid in the second half and with a little more attacking nous in the middle this could well be the formation that works for us. When mannys back it could work a treat.

Good win and another clean sheet. UTV

Much better second half.But the first half Vale were poor.

Good win today so guess the forum will be quiet

Would not say good win, but a win and a clean sheet. If Bury had scored first could not see us scoring two goals.

I am pleased we have 3 points and moved up the table, but think there is more to come from this side with Monty and Manny coming back into the side soon.

Think he is getting the best out of the players available and got them all fighting , be good when manny and monty are available it might allow us to get back on the front foot more often.

would love their number 10 an excellent player playing below his true level, they kept the ball and moved it very well and deserved something out of the game but the same as us at home v Newport --

Well done to the lads and Scott brown must be the best keeper in this division, nice to be not looking over our shoulder continually

If you were to pick a team from both squads at least 4 of the first 6 names would have come from Bury. If we'd played them in an open attacking game we'd lose 9 out of 10 times. Brown made one great save but we mainly restricted them to hopeful half chances. Certainly a lot of commitment in this team.

Miller and Whitfield both look great off the bench and struggle to make the same impact starting. Be interesting to see how they do over the next run of games when we should have a lot more of the ball. Maybe an opportunity to establish themselves a little more and maybe move to the next level.

Great result,Bury look a good side although we made them look fantastic first half,better more gritty second half display from the Valiants and we've lost enough games we deserved to win over the years so let's embrace these 3 points.wish Mitch Clarke was our own player cus that lad has a great future in football.

I think some folks should go and read their earlier posts on this thread haha.....

Results game, despite not looking like world beaters for the whole 90 minutes, we are grinding out results, building in confidence and belief, I’m actually getting a little excited! Another clean sheet and 3 points against the divisions form team.

Onwards and upwards UTV!

Fantastic win against a decent team who seem to have a big problem with their finishing.We should have won the game 3-2 on clear cut chances but hey-oh who cares?Three clean sheets on the trot shows the character in the squad,so keep up the good work lads.

Would mind their No.10 in January.🙂

In Aspo we trust.

Believe today puts Pope clearly 4th on our all time scorers, and one goal behind 3rd.

He has a real chance of being 2nd by the end of next season. (All postwar stats)

Where does he rank on our all time greats list? I'm not talking about talent, but the impact of one player.

Could easily understand Bury fans wondering how they lost this game. As Vale fans we have been there before (many times) and said the winning team should be wearing a mask and stripped jumper.

Maybe lady luck has thought I have crapped on the Vale long enough and given us a break.

Just wish we could start the first half like we do the 2nd half. But 3 points is 3 points and all count no matter how they are got. The most pleasing thing from today was the clean sheet. Well done defence.

What a turn around since the Lincoln match--well done the lads (and Neil Aspin)! I suspect Bury will be disappointed at this result as they had far more of the attacking options, but at the end of the day we'll trake the 3 points and another clean sheet!
You say that but they actually didn't create much in the way of good chances. 'Huffed and puffed and looked pretty' is the best way to describe it. We had by far the better chances to score and thankfully took one. Credit where credits due. We had a game plan and executed it to a man. All successful sides are built from a solid base. That's what we're now showing.

As Yoblet mentions above, we've lost many games we've deserved to win over the years so it's nice to see the opposite happening today.

Their number 10 (was it Jay O'Shea?) Was the second best player on the pitch, second only to our mighty Pope!

Personally I didn’t think Pope was motm.

I’d have gone for Smith or Clarke.

Archived