onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Guest TommyMac
So Grimsby score in the FIRST minute of the game.There is a minimum of another 89 minutes to play and you think he has cost us the game????? There is a lot that can happen during the remaining 89 mins (plus injury time) and you actually think the game is won / lost in the FIRST minute. :doh: :doh:.

Micky must go to more games than you, certainly knows more about this Vale team, because any regular would know that with the team selected the game was indeed won in the first minute.

Advert

And exactly what do you expect to gain by changing manager again ?

did we really expect to move from nearly dropping out of the league to being promoted ??

cant see any better options for a manager coming in to change anything drastically - it takes time to build a squad and improvement - I'm afraid patience is required

I can accept the losing if we’ve had a go and been beaten by the better side. What I can’t accept is this away-day defensive nonsense which to my mind has so far yielded nil point.

You can have all the tactics/positional changes you want but how do you legislate for Clark's gaff after 37 seconds on the clock? We were then miles better than them but looked toothless. Second half was pi$$ poor and to cap it all when that chance fell to Popey in the closing minutes he absolutey fluffed it...summed the day up for me. Hey ho onto next week........Osprey hit nail on head....it's going to be an inconsistent season.

Vale fans don't mind loosing if the team actually play like they are trying and give it a good try. Also if the manager and Co set the side up that look like they may score. Hate to think what the next two games will produce - I can only see a more defensive side and Pope by himself. Then Miller coming on and being selfish and fluffing his chances.

Micky must go to more games than you, certainly knows more about this Vale team, because any regular would know that with the team selected the game was indeed won in the first minute.

Exactly my thoughts there was no way at all Aspin wanted to win this game today, once we went a goal down regardless of time we were done.

Poor team selection, poor substitutions (again). I am not going to join the Aspin out bandwagon but for gods sake someone has to ask what is going on. Not sure if the owner is bothered but we the fans certainly are. We lose Brabin, who is no world beater, but is Pugh going to lift the players. Come on Aspo look in the mirror, if you can’t see an answer then what are you going to do. I’m sick of these pi55 poor team selections, setting up not to concede then doing so in a minute. Not having any plan B when the inevitable happens, hoping an half fit Tom Pope can save your backside. The ball is in your court get a grip before it’s too late, pi55 or get off the pot.

I'm not for changing managers but Aspo needs a serious wake up call and pdq if you ask me. This was a perfect opportunity to get back on our feet after Tuesday but why did I think before the game that we'd lose, even though we're playing one of the worst teams in L2? The answer is that I have serious doubts about Aspo's ability to match his team selection and tactics to those of our opponents, how to pick the team up, and how to win away from home. And so it proved. This was Grimsby for goodness sake, a perfect chance to take the game to a team lacking confidence but no, we set up defensively as if we're playing Lincoln, and we got what we deserved. These are the times away from home when you need to take the game to your opponent. If we can't do this against the likes of Grimsby when are we going to? It's easy with hindsight but if the game report had said we'd really turned it on against them but lost against the run of play, it would feel a lot better than it does now. Reward is in direct proportion to risk - and it seems to me Aspo just won't take it.

After this, my biggest worry is the effect on the players because they will know when we're not playing our best side against weak opponents. With ineptitude of this order, how will it affect their confidence? Improvement is needed now and quick.

It's a good job there are far weaker teams in L2 or we would be in real trouble.

Vale fans don't mind loosing if the team actually play like they are trying and give it a good try. Also if the manager and Co set the side up that look like they may score. Hate to think what the next two games will produce - I can only see a more defensive side and Pope by himself. Then Miller coming on and being selfish and fluffing his chances.

Absolutely and I thought we looked alright first half and lost the plot second half.......dunno what goes on in Aspos head so I'll wait and see what happens next two weeks.

I'm not for changing managers but Aspo needs a serious wake up call and pdq if you ask me. This was a perfect opportunity to get back on our feet after Tuesday but why did I think before the game that we'd lose, even though we're playing one of the worst teams in L2? The answer is that I have serious doubts about Aspo's ability to match his team selection and tactics to those of our opponents, how to pick the team up, and how to win away from home. And so it proved. This was Grimsby for goodness sake, a perfect chance to take the game to a team lacking confidence but no, we set up defensively as if we're playing Lincoln, and we got what we deserved. These are the times away from home when you need to take the game to your opponent. If we can't do this against the likes of Grimsby when are we going to? It's easy with hindsight but if the game report had said we'd really turned it on against them but lost against the run of play, it would feel a lot better than it does now. Reward is in direct proportion to risk - and it seems to me Aspo just won't take it.

After this, my biggest worry is the effect on the players because they will know when we're not playing our best side against weak opponents. With ineptitude of this order, how will it affect their confidence? Improvement is needed now and quick.

It's a good job there are far weaker teams in L2 or we would be in real trouble.

At the moment Aspin is looking like a step to far for him as a manager. I would love for him to turn it around and make it a success as a manager with Vale. But he is trying his best to throw it away like the vale players. Not sure why he seems to play 1 up front against sides with bad runs, but he seems to do this.

As for far weaker sides - think you may have to count us in that group now.

Frustrating performance by Vale. We just seem to lack any real quality, Vale get into good positions then mess it up and worst of all concede/give away soft goals. From set pieces the ball is floated in rather than hit with bend and pace, mix it up plz.

I thought Ricky Miller was a breath of fresh air but it looks like he's a frustrating player lacking awareness and doesn't appear to strike the ball cleanly. Hannant works hard but his moments of quality are sporadic.

I'm sure these players and the team are better than this but they've got to start producing the goods asap or else it's gonna be another scary season.

Last week Apsin lost it with commentator for asking about fitness with monty. Now he may have lost it with the fans. Wonder if he will speak to Radio Sjoke or will they not ask the probing questions worrying about his outbursts.

Go on Radio Sjoke - be brave and ask him about his selection of Pope up front by himself and not playing two up front against a Grimbsy who are not firing on all cylinders. Bet they don't dare those questions.

Archived