onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Salford City

Emile

Advert

Didn't we have a crowd of about ten thousand for the Anglo Italian final? No away support but Fylde sure didn't have many there today. Iv'e a feeling that was , or still is, a record Wembley low for a first class match. Sure we all wanted Wrexham to come up, but they were not good enough. It was SC or Fylde, who have about half the support of Salford! They also have had substantial cash put in to them. Whiff of hypocrisy here, sure we would have loved someone to take us over and inject millions - like Stoke did - only difference is SC are not an old established club. Or maybe it's the old MUFC hatred again?

12,663 at Wembley against Genoa.

Some say Salford are well run if these figures are correct I'd hate to see them badly run.

The ‘Class of 92’ owned Salford City promoted to the EFL for the first time. Does this mean football’s romance is still alive, or could it be that a £2.4 million loan from a Singapore investor & losses of £32,000 a week in the 6th tier had more to do with it?

Source: The Price of Football on Twitter

Some say Salford are well run if these figures are correct I'd hate to see them badly run.

The ‘Class of 92’ owned Salford City promoted to the EFL for the first time. Does this mean football’s romance is still alive, or could it be that a £2.4 million loan from a Singapore investor & losses of £32,000 a week in the 6th tier had more to do with it?

Source: The Price of Football on Twitter

Peter Lim owns 40% of Salford City and is a billionaire.

a dark day for football when an over-funded vanity project replaces Notts County.

Notts County managed to get relegated with one of League Two's highest budgets. Sorry, which club is the over-funded one?

Sorry abot the length of Andy Holts rant on Twitter but he does make some valid points about the state of the game today.

Andyh

@AndyhHolt

Now then....

I want to nail this misunderstanding about FFP (Financial Fair Play) and SCMP (Salary Cost Management Protocol)

It really is a load of old ********.

FFP applies only to

@SkyBetChamp

and it is designed to control spending.

@EFL

should be charged under trades descriptions act because it is patently UNFAIR.

To simplify there are 3 classes of

@SkyBetChamp

club.

1. Those with parachute payments to try to cover the laughable financial set up demanded by

@premierleague

2. Those without parachute payments, but with an owner that is loaded with more money than sense, who wants to buy success and future parachute payments.

3. Those without parachute payments who want to remain sustainable accepting their massive disadvantage and sitting in the relegation waiting room.

The rules are simple.

Each club can lose up to £15m a year or £39m in aggregate over 3 years.

So losing £130m over 10 years..

...is fair?

It’s mental.

The need to lose money is caused by the prize. The higher the prize the more people want to gamble.

Those in (2) are accusing each other of being outside these rules (cheating).

Those in (1) just want to get back up at any cost or they’re doomed

Those in (3) have no hope and can only avoid the drop for so long.

Those in (2) want to be able to lose even more.

Those in (1) and (2) don’t particularly care about rules because the prize dwarfs the fine.

They bang on about this campaign when owners are the biggest gamblers of the lot.

SCMP is a bigger load of ********. It says you can only spend a proportion of your clubs gross profit on your playing budget (55% or 60%) depending on league off memory.

The format of

@EFL

box ticking is a ball ache and takes our accounts ages to fill in.

At the bottom of..

..the document there’s a tick box that basically says that provided an owner is prepared to cover the excess that can ignore the rule and do what they like.

SCMP is pointless.

It’s a rule I can just ignore.

It’s an

@EFL

rule.

It applies to

@SkyBetLeagueOne

@SkyBetLeagueTwo

So...

It’s the Wild West. Our ruling bodies allow debt to build unsustainably but don’t want the inevitable failures that are ALWAYS associated with unsustainable debt.

Losses are CASH and they have to be settled in the end.

The owner that created the loss doesn’t always..

...settle the debt. Sometimes it’s settled and shared by the creditors, like pie suppliers or HMRC which as you know, is all taxpayers, you and me.

As I have said before..

It’s either gamble your club

OR

accept a slow death at the hands of

@EFL

and the gamblers.

There are two schools of thought. I’m naturally at one end of the debate with

@ASFCofficial

and

@GNev2

is at the other end.

On top of gamblers in

@EFL

there are those coming up from

@TheNationalLge

The financial funding split means that without gambling you can’t win.

Money talks. And what used to be the preserve of the premier league is now starting to infect the lower leagues. As far as I'm concerned, the quicker they go back to non-league the better. No history, no tradition, poor excuse for a stadium, no fans, just a rich owner and a shed load of money. No thanks, I'd sooner have Wrexham or Stockport or York or any other of the former league clubs who would bring a decent following, create some atmosphere and play fair.

As it is, we'll get 50 fans who'll get lost in the vast expanse of Vale Park, put nothing into the gate receipts, and make the away end sound like a morgue, while we'll take 800 or so to their place, create a brilliant atmosphere and give them money they don't need or deserve.

No rules on Fair Financial Play? Whatever are the National thinking of? Thank goodness we've stayed up.

Just my opinion!

Archived